Really not sure how I feel about this yet, and Emereldas just looks...wrong. The designs need "more" Matsumoto in them.

I didn't see Emeraldas in there. The blonde female I saw was Kei Yuki. I am work and didn't watch too closely yet. I might have mised her. Looks promising though.

I didn't see Emeraldas in there. The blonde female I saw was Kei Yuki. I am work and didn't watch too closely yet. I might have mised her. Looks promising though.

Are you sure that's Kei? That specific red suit is always younger Emereldas.

Are you sure that's Kei? That specific red suit is always younger Emereldas.

I think is Kei. The outfit on my computer looks pink. But it may be Emeraldas. I am not sure. The caption when she appears says "crew." It doesn't matter since you are right about the design.

that looks pretty awesome and gar

Hmm, maybe that is pink, it's hard to tell with the washed out video. You'd think they'd want to promote this with a decent internet trailer!

Hmm, maybe that is pink, it's hard to tell with the washed out video. You'd think they'd want to promote this with a decent internet trailer!

Ditto, that is one bad quality video. The thing was far too grainy for me.

I generally like Harlock, and would love to see a mdoern CG version, but that video did not inspire any hope - simply due to it being so low quality of a video.

Ditto, that is one bad quality video. The thing was far too grainy for me.

I generally like Harlock, and would love to see a mdoern CG version, but that video did not inspire any hope - simply due to it being so low quality of a video.

Well it should be obvious that it was recorded by someone with a video recorder at a convention somewhere & not an official upload <_<

Do us all a favor and post something Higher Quality if you can find it

is everyone confused because the 2 female leads in the anime look similar and only distinguishable through the colour of their similar uniforms? :lol:

Well it should be obvious that it was recorded by someone with a video recorder at a convention somewhere & not an official upload <_<

Which leads to the question of why a better quality version is not on the web - it's marketing 101 these days.

Do us all a favor and post something Higher Quality if you can find it

If that is directed at me, I get all my news from here (and anime news network - but generally important stuff seems to get posted here first...)

Oh, Japan. Can you for once, ONCE, not have a single spelling mistake in your Engrish??

"The tattered souls of mankind ONBOAD"??

Didn't that Yamato movie also have something stupid like "Fragship" something or other?

Otherwise, it looks just like a game to me. Come on, people, show you care. :rolleyes::p

It's very nice on the technical side (both in modeling/texturing and animation) but the spirit looks so wrong...

What spirit?

I find the faces very eerie... very corpse-like.

What spirit?

I find the faces very eerie... very corpse-like.

That is a noted problem with CGI that is too human like, it is probably one reason that Pixar does not make the humans in their animation too realistic (even though other things are nearly photorealistic).

The closer CGI gets to be "real" the more creepy the things that are not realistic become.

That is a noted problem with CGI that is too human like, it is probably one reason that Pixar does not make the humans in their animation too realistic (even though other things are nearly photorealistic).

The closer CGI gets to be "real" the more creepy the things that are not realistic become.

I know about the uncanny valley, but I don't think this is that.

The eyes don't move and there is no facial expression -- dead looking. Very eerie.

For shame, Keith, that is pretty clearly Kei. The suit is the same design, more or less, as what she's always worn.

As for my opinion on the trailer, it's...too little to really form much of an opinion on. The CG looks good. Sad they went with the typical quasi-realistic look that most anime goes for. That "idealistic-realistic" where everyone has perfect features and everything is a bit too shiny. Like Advent Children, just with Herlock.

There's nothing to go on here for an idea of the story. Looks a bit actiony for Captain Herlock, but it's a trailer and that's what trailers do. Play up the action.

I cringed at Herlock's dialogue at the end. That was just plain bad, both the writing and the casting. Actually the narrator would have made a much better choice as Herlock's voice actor. Herlock is supposed to have a deep voice. The voice actor they gave him sounds like a kid. That "walk the plank" line did not sell me on this.

• 2 years later...

They would be wise to ensure this film sees a french dub and french subtittles. For whatever reason Harlock is huge in the province of Quebec. Its the only place in north america where the original Harlock tv series, and the later Endless Orbit SSX series saw a broadcast release.

No worry. This is an "インターナショナルトレーラー"; international trailer.

Toei will release it to the world. They say the main market of this contents is (for) the world; "このコンテンツの主要な市場は世界."

http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/entertainment/cinema/cnews/20130131-OYT8T01114.htm