Hobby Search Japan

Ranger565

Hey guys I just got a Pre auth on my credit card from a company in Japan, and the ONLY thing I have pre orders is the Wave 1/72 Tomahawk from Hobby search. The website states that it will not be shipped until late August. So you can see my concern. As of right now my Credit card is on hold and no other charges can be charged. Hobby Seach States that they will NOT charge your credit card until the item has been shipped. So as of now I have a $1.00USD charge on my card from a Company that is showing up as "UFJcard." This is the card I used for the Pre-Sale. Has anyone else orderd from them before and not had an issue with this company? And is this the charge company on your statement? If not then I will have to cancle this card and open a new account.

I have emaild the company and as of the past 24 hours I have NOT had a reply from them.

thank you for any info you guys may have.

Carl

Hey guys I just got a Pre auth on my credit card from a company in Japan, and the ONLY thing I have pre orders is the Wave 1/72 Tomahawk from Hobby search. The website states that it will not be shipped until late August. So you can see my concern. As of right now my Credit card is on hold and no other charges can be charged. Hobby Seach States that they will NOT charge your credit card until the item has been shipped. So as of now I have a $1.00USD charge on my card from a Company that is showing up as "UFJcard." This is the card I used for the Pre-Sale. Has anyone else orderd from them before and not had an issue with this company? And is this the charge company on your statement? If not then I will have to cancle this card and open a new account.

I have emaild the company and as of the past 24 hours I have NOT had a reply from them.

Carl

Yeah they just canceled all my orders with them, and good riddance.

What happened:

Had an order. I get an email from them saying that there was a problem with my card, and if I would kindly cancel my order or use pay pal. The old alarm bell went off. I send an email to them asking what the problem was; what kind of problem? a day or two later I get a response stating my billing address and shipping address don't match. I figure, okay I moved a month or so ago, and I thought I had changed it, but stuff happens right? So I call Visa to see what the problem was.

They confirm that my shipping address was indeed the same as my billing address. I explained what was going on and was told it was impossible for them to know. You see, mail order company is supposed to confirm the info with Visa, before putting the transaction though and according to the records, no such attempt had been made by Hobby Search since the last time I ordered from them.

So how could they know my billing address and my shipping address would or wouldn't match without checking with Visa (as per procedure)? I had gotten an order from them not even a month before using the same card, address and everything....

Something is up over there is all I know. And all I know for certain is that any company that's playing fast and loose with the handling of my credit info isn't getting my business.

Back to good old HLJ for me. Prices might be higher, but not a problem with service in more than 10 years of dealing with them.

Edited by Heavy Melder

Carl

I've dealt with HobbySearch in the past and have had no problems with them. I've noticed that the do the same thing with my orders. They will place a temporary charge of $1.00 on your credit card, which will remain there until the preordered item ships. You aren't charged for it since it's a "pending charge." Of the three orders I placed with them in the past few months, I have had no issues with their service.

Felix

Is this because they don't know how much your final total is going to be so they just get the authorization from your credit card up front? I know my company was asked not to do this by our credit card vendor (generally speaking, every business contracts someone else to handle the transactions, the business pays a fee to the credit card processor, and then the business accepts the cash, it's actually a pain in the rear with many different companies involved... the least of which is your actual credit card company).

Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your inquiry and we are deeply sorry for your confusion.

First of all, the small amount of the charge like 1 USD is so-called "test charge".

It is charged to your bank account when you submit your credit card details on the ORDER FORM page

and it will be back to your bank account within a few weeks.

Secondly,charges conducted by HOBBY SEARCH can be one of the following names.

a) HOBBY SEARCH

b) MITSUBISHI UFJ NICOS

c) Veritrans

Therefore, if you informed your bank or credit card issuer of those names,

there would be no problem when we try to authorize your credit card.

Again, we are deeply sorry for your confution and your understanding would be greatly appreciated

Yeah but my bank freaked out when they saw the $1.00 charge and nothing else. I guess I cant blame my bank. It would be best if Hobby search said that on their website and what the transaction company name like they told me in the letter. But hey With this world we live in. I am glad my bank was looking out for me.