VF-1 Thunder Hummer

Valk009

hey robodragon! wich color is your set?..... because i want the same tone looks so cool i cant wait for mine anyone can put this baby in a vf 1s :rolleyes:

That is the two tone grey. It's a nice look. I bet it would be perfect with the Low Vis.

Nice work Robodragon, never thought of putting the armour on either a VF-1D, VT-1 or VE-1. So, there mut be enough room in the nosecone and the clip for the chestplate also fits, even though the canopy structure is a little different on these valks.

Btw, for those who are going to paint their kit, I would suggest getting it un-built. This way it will be much easier to paint all the parts. Detailed building instructions will be avilable for un-built kits. The kit is very easy to build, so even an amateur can handle it!

I've just got mine from Valk009, looking at the parts in office.

*sigh* What should I do with it? Is it time that I learn how to airbrushing (but I asked for the assembled kit)?

Which valk I should go for? Argh.

put it on the low viz vf-1s!

Just pourred a "Stealth" version (also two tone grey but darker, dark grey and near black) and must say it also looks very good, especially matched up with the VF-1S Focker stealth.

Although I do not have the valk, I will build the kit and post some pics over the next few days!

Picked mine up. Beautiful set... and looks like awesome quality. Love the invidividual missiles.... Unfortunately, mine was broken in shipping. The right hip pod broke off where the rod meets the extending boom. The crotch attachment is sheared off at the base of the codpiece. :(

Picked mine up. Beautiful set... and looks like awesome quality. Love the invidividual missiles.... Unfortunately, mine was broken in shipping. The right hip pod broke off where the rod meets the extending boom. The crotch attachment is sheared off at the base of the codpiece. :(

I had the same issue, I just used some super glue. ;) seams to have worked fine so far.

I had the same issue, I just used some super glue. ;) seams to have worked fine so far.

Yeah, I'll probably try to work on it. OP has offered to send it back for him to fix, but seems like a bit of a hassle. I'm thinking the design would be better if those pieces weren't all on one piece. The codpiece should go in with a slot/tab/screw, I'm thinking and the side pieces should be shipped separately, to be attached with a small screw, maybe self-tapping?

Yeah, I'll probably try to work on it. OP has offered to send it back for him to fix, but seems like a bit of a hassle. I'm thinking the design would be better if those pieces weren't all on one piece. The codpiece should go in with a slot/tab/screw, I'm thinking and the side pieces should be shipped separately, to be attached with a small screw, maybe self-tapping?

Darn. Looks like I'm going to have to check mine for that problem. Here's hoping not.

Darn. Looks like I'm going to have to check mine for that problem. Here's hoping not.

If it's like mine, it was instantly obvious and broken while in the bubble wrap. The tiny crumbs of resin in the bottom of the baggie were a hint, too. The rest is so well executed, it's a shame this happened as otherwise, I'd be singing the praises of really great work. No visible damage on the box, but imagine there was manhandling (or maybe turbulence) in the trip over. Looks like robodragon makes 2 broken. Should be interesting to see if we're outliers or if it happens to other people, as well.

I see that some built kits are arriving with some parts broken off (so far two cases). I have already used a bigger box for shipping built kits together with heavier bubble wrapping protection. From now on I will protect the kits even better and label them as fragile. Could it e that some kits have gone under customs inspection and was mishandled by them?

Next, the waterslide decals are ready and have been sent out to everyone, those missing previously and any kits from now on sent. the couple of logs did not turn out as good as expected, maybe due to the small size but I believe it is because I did not have a good quality picture to start off with. I might try and contact the 1/48 Th sculptor and see he can help, anyone know who it was?

Last, will be contacting the final handful people on the list by the end of this week in regards to tgheir kits preference, so far the most popular options are the two tone grey and the stealth look. Though there are also a few specila ones resin beige/grey, sky blue and a clear one!

If it's like mine, it was instantly obvious and broken while in the bubble wrap. The tiny crumbs of resin in the bottom of the baggie were a hint, too. The rest is so well executed, it's a shame this happened as otherwise, I'd be singing the praises of really great work. No visible damage on the box, but imagine there was manhandling (or maybe turbulence) in the trip over. Looks like robodragon makes 2 broken. Should be interesting to see if we're outliers or if it happens to other people, as well.

finally got off my ass and checked mine. Nothing broken. whew. :D

I see that some built kits are arriving with some parts broken off (so far two cases). I have already used a bigger box for shipping built kits together with heavier bubble wrapping protection. From now on I will protect the kits even better and label them as fragile. Could it e that some kits have gone under customs inspection and was mishandled by them?

Next, the waterslide decals are ready and have been sent out to everyone, those missing previously and any kits from now on sent. the couple of logs did not turn out as good as expected, maybe due to the small size but I believe it is because I did not have a good quality picture to start off with. I might try and contact the 1/48 Th sculptor and see he can help, anyone know who it was?

Last, will be contacting the final handful people on the list by the end of this week in regards to tgheir kits preference, so far the most popular options are the two tone grey and the stealth look. Though there are also a few specila ones resin beige/grey, sky blue and a clear one!

Talk to >EXO<. IIRC he was the one who commissioned the 1/48 TH.

Just got mine yesterday! Unfortunately, my hips were also broken during the shipment, however i was able to drill out the original hole in the hip piece and replace the rod with another plastic piece from a CMs figure stand and all fixed!

here's my TH on a blank 1S

2010-09-08006.jpg

2010-09-08011.jpg

2010-09-08012.jpg

next to a 1/48 TH!

2010-09-08017.jpg

I still have a couple of kits to be built and as there is a third incident with a broken hip upon arrival, I guess really the best option is to ship the hip parts not put on.

The final kits for all confirmed will be shipped out by early next week!

Edited by Valk009