The Post Your Desktop thread

OK, I'll play. This is my desktop on my laptop. My desktop on my... desktop is basically the same, except 16x10 instead of 16x9, I don't have Blu installed on it, and the wallpaper is a screengrab from when I played the Star Trek Online beta. If I turn them on later, I'll post my desktop on my Linux box and my Mac.

post-187-127661341231_thumb.png

I'll play, too.

You guys can play "guess that icon's function".

It's Vista (don't get me started, as I'll chew your ear off with complaints), and despite how "slick" some of the graphics in Vista are, explanations of how to tweak them in English on the web rarely comes with pictures. Pictures are needed as, well see the other two attachd images: control panel and start menu.

At least with XP I had a fighting chance of tweaking the PC. The Vista rearrangements are also why I quickly ditched Office 2007 for OpenOffice. Not only does OpenOffice have a familiar layout, it's in English! Boo! Microsoft!

So, why the WinPlain? Well, I almost never see the desktop (defeats the purpose of this thread, eh? :lol: ) and all those (unnecessary) bells and whistles only serves to slow down the PC when I'm working on a couple of 600 DPI B4 sized manga pages in Photoshop. Also, it's the setting most like XP, 95, etc.. Which makes figuring out how to do something that much easier!

Found it. On the laptop before the laptop before this desktop (and also on the desktop before that), I used this piccy as the background. Wicked cool website. Wonder what happened to it?

post-3910-127661497241_thumb.jpg

Edited by sketchley

Found it. On the laptop before the laptop before this desktop (and also on the desktop before that), I used this piccy as the background. Wicked cool website. Wonder what happened to it?

That has ALWAYS been one of my favorite Macross type pictures!! The VF-11 looks very cool in flanker colors!

I'll start. I keep a clean desktop on Windows 7, only gadgets. Wallpaper refreshes across 3 images:

Just out of curiosity, what's that Windows Sidebar app you've got running in the upper right corner? Looks a helluva lot slicker than the resource monitor on my system's Windows partition...

Here are some of mine. And yes, I'm still running XP.

Any chance you could be persuaded to post that Ishtar art in the Character Art thread? ^_^

The pic on the bottom is an old one I had on my desktop.

This is my current one.

tumblr_kokww7XwKp1qzzu12o1_500.jpg

Here are some of mine. And yes, I'm still running XP.

Ditto

^_^

post-295-127667296347_thumb.png

Edited by gerwalk25

my new ES Amp is on my desk! Built like a tank and crystal clear sound with all the processing turned off. :wub:

Touche, good sir.

post-720-127667372118_thumb.jpg

I just recently rethemed. I WOULD have different wallpapers on both screens, but... apparently, finding a decent, high-res, widescreen-appropriate picture of the Gunbuster is an exercise in futility.

At least, it was that night. I didn't have anything handy, and doing an image search for a Gainax anime generates SURPRISINGLY few awesome robot pictures and an awful lot of boob shots.

And yes, my desktop has just a bit of clutter. I should clean up.

Edited by JB0

Just out of curiosity, what's that Windows Sidebar app you've got running in the upper right corner? Looks a helluva lot slicker than the resource monitor on my system's Windows partition...

The top right one is called System Control A1. The Drive capacity one (right below it) is called Sushi Drive.I love them both :).

Just got the blue ray for it.

That is awesome. Simple, effective, and everyone knows wtf it means. Maybe overlay the word Google across it. :rolleyes:

By the way, you can post your mobile/PDA "desktops" too lol... does anyone have a good Macross-themed mobile phone? I'm looking for a good wallpaper for my Blackberry Bold, and too lazy to make one.

Edited by Ghost Train

All of the GBA Mega Man Zero games were recently released as a DS compilation. In honor of that, I decided to change my main desktop's wallpaper. So now you guys will have seen all my wallpapers except my Mac's, but I'm selling it anyway.

post-187-127683396775_thumb.png

__Reaching_For_That_Thing___by_Indigo_Kitsune.png

Been my wallpaper for about 2 years now. Guess I'm not going to get sick of it.......

Taksraven

Actually, I have been thinking for a while, its not only a good idea to do this, but how about pics of our various computer desks as well.

Taksraven

Edited by taksraven