looking for sheet music for Ai Oboete Imasu ka

pondo

So the GF and I want to use "do you remember love?" as our recessional. Nerdy I know, but what the heck?

Anyway are there any resources out there for a piano arrangement? Our guy could figure it out, but we've given him a lot of music to learn already.

anyone?

Thanks!

Congrats on your recent marriage to come. If it's in that book, it's most likely the piano sheet music, if that's what you're looking for. I've wanted guitar sheet music, but I think the beauty of the song is that the note and chord progression can be improvised and still sound and keep the original sound of the song.

There's a book of Macross sheet music which contains it:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/マクロスALL-SONG-BOOK―歌って歌ってデカルチャー/dp/4054040950/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1276560199&sr=1-6

It's pretty cheap, and I'm sure it can be shipped internationally.

I have this book.

The song is in there, but it's a very simple arrangement. Just the melody in single notes using the Treble clef are given, no chords or anything like that. Nothing given in Bass clef.

But if your guy can improvise chords to make it sound more complex, then this should be good enough to start with. Otherwise, it may sound a little simplistic; basically just a guy pecking at keys with one finger, sometimes two.

I've been looking for a better book myself, more concentrated on piano arrangements (because I love the song), so I'm eagerly looking forward to answers to your request too!

Edited by sdf2501

Only problem with that is midi's will usually contain every instrumental part for the song, many of which would sound odd on a piano. Doesn't always work that way, but most midis of the song I've heard are of the sung version at the end of DYRL. What you really want is a version like what is played after that, or elsewhere in the movie. I know there are interludes done on piano, and from what I remember of them, they would probably sound very good at a wedding, but I don't know those segments contain the entire song. I'll have to check the complete soundtrack to see.

On the other hand, there are multiple versions of Ai Oboete Imasu ka out there. In fact, I'm not sure, but I think the "Bless the Little Queen" track from Frontier is primarily in piano, and might make for a good start. There's also the version in the pilot episode's end credits, not to mention the Mylene version, and probably a few others.

Edit: Looking through Amazon Japan, it looks like this book might have what you're looking for. It'll need someone who can read Japanese to be sure, but the web translator I ran it through did mark "love you have remembered or" with an asterisk, indicating "* Publication music is arranged in the one for piano solo." :lol:

I don't know which style the song might be arranged in though (I would assume the "Queen" version).

Macross F Sheet Music

If that doesn't work, you might try looking up some of Yoko Kanno's own books. She has done a sheet music book or two with MacF material, and from what I read her books tend to be her own arrangements, not dumbed down in any way for consumers.

Edited by Chronocidal

I wonder if Mari Iijima herself has any arrangements of the song. Maybe you could e-mail her through her website, fanclub, or maybe her facebook or myspace page. You never know, she may have a nice piano arrangement she would share with you if it's for your wedding.

thanks guys!

My wife can play it well but since we were the ones getting married, she couldn't do both tasks. Our pianist had a lot of music to learn for it an this fell through the cracks. So we just went with the DYRL? recording. It worked well, but seemed a little off considering everything else war live.

thanks guys!

My wife can play it well but since we were the ones getting married, she couldn't do both tasks. Our pianist had a lot of music to learn for it an this fell through the cracks. So we just went with the DYRL? recording. It worked well, but seemed a little off considering everything else war live.

At least you played it at your wedding. Congrats! When my wife and I got married, we were thinking of all sorts of things we could do to relate our interests to our wedding. We are pretty good friends with Michael Bradley (singer/songwriter for a lot of Robotech and the singing voice of Lancer). He was willing to do a live performance of "The Way to Love" at the ceremony end, and another song "When you say nothing at all" for our dance. As for DYRL, I don't have the music at all, but I've been able to figure out the chords by guitar, and depending on which version you listen to, can sound more or less like accompany sound to the piano. Piano is something I know very little of.

• 3 weeks later...

That's pretty sweet there. Lisa and I had a few geeky songs mixed in with the more standard stuff. A live violin duo plyed us in and out with different portions of Holst's Jupiter, we were announced to the Star Wars medal ceremony piece, and I snuck Nomad Soul from Mac+ into the dinner music.

I found mine at a dinosaur dig in Wyoming, turned out that we went to Jr High together. Been married ten years this month.

While it's not a reliable recipe for success, I'd say keep going to places and doing things you love. Statistically, a female is bound to show up that shares at least some interests with you. Then, be prepared to battle the countless other males who feel the same connection. Finding a girl in a bar has never worked out for any of my geek friends.

I found mine at a dinosaur dig in Wyoming, turned out that we went to Jr High together. Been married ten years this month.

While it's not a reliable recipe for success, I'd say keep going to places and doing things you love. Statistically, a female is bound to show up that shares at least some interests with you. Then, be prepared to battle the countless other males who feel the same connection. Finding a girl in a bar has never worked out for any of my geek friends.

Hahaha, I'd say meeting girls at clubs and bars was pretty easy for me, but then again, a pretty face is sometimes all you get, and the hassle of weeding through girls that are worth your time vs. the high maintenance girls that have other agendas can be time consuming. I tell this of all my friends out there...It's easy to find what you want. Your wants probably match about 90% of every other guys wants. What's more important is discovering for yourself what you don't want. Find those out, and all the other things simply fall into place. It did for me.