Is the VF-1D a Worthwhile Buy?

GU-11

HLJ's having a sale again, and I've set my sights on the newly restocked VF-1D. The thing is, I've heard that there are cases of exploding shoulders on the -ID. Understandably, I'm pretty hesitant to buy it. But since this is new stock, is there any chance that Yamato might have replaced the knurled pins on the new -1D's?

It'd be killer if I could have a -1D waiting for the TV -1S Roy.

The VF-1D was my first V2 1/60 I bought. I too heard of the shoulder breaks and at the time no one had reported broken shoulders at the time. Word was even the old pins were use the factory workers were told to take extra care putting it together. Of course they could have just slammed it together. You can loosen the shoulder screws to take of some off the pessure.

I had no problems with mine. Had it for a year. I like this Valk.

Go ahead and get it!!! Bought the VF-1D when it first hit the streets (more than a year ago, I think it was January 2009).

It's awesome valk, no single flaw, the shoulders don't have a single crack.

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

Just ordered mine from HLJ a few minutes ago. I thought they will have it in stock agian untill late june.

I have being waiting for this guy for long time because I wanted the VF-1J gbp to be my first V.2

Edited by Froy

The VF-1D is a must! It is the first v.2 1/60 that I got too and I wish I had three of them. The little Hikaru and Minmei are so cute too. Great sculpt, clean lines, tight, pose-ability, just fantastic.

Thanks for all the info, guys!

The fact that it has knurled pins kind of unnerves me (although they seem pretty okay, judging from your replies), but the VF-1D is just too much of a must-have Valk...that I decided to just buy it, anyway! :D

I guess I'll just have to take care with movement around the shoulders and loosen the hinge screws a bit.

Heheh, can't wait for Roy's TV Valk for a classic diorama!

Thanks again!