1/2000 SDF-1 CUSTOMISED

vf_1s

dude, that is the best work i have ever seen in my life, those little lights and yellow and white straps, and all the rest of the brilliant detailing make this the best toy i have ever seen. Just one thing, i dont know how to download these pics onto my computer to have them as my background or just look at them over and over. Is there a way?

dude, that is the best work i have ever seen in my life, those little lights and yellow and white straps, and all the rest of the brilliant detailing make this the best toy i have ever seen. Just one thing, i dont know how to download these pics onto my computer to have them as my background or just look at them over and over. Is there a way?

When you click one of the pics to view, just click the Save button/link below the bottom right of the picture.

Hi all:

Quite a few people have questioned on how to take apart the 1/3000 SDF-1 toy to get access to the city, so that they can repaint it.

The 1/3000 SDF-1 toy is actually assemble together the same as the 1/2000 SDF-1 prototype. Therefore, I have taken pictures of the construction manual, and added it to the "1/2000 SDF-1 Customised" thread as another reference.

Hope it helps.

post-3663-129449870363_thumb.jpg

post-3663-129449871387_thumb.jpg

post-3663-129449876299_thumb.jpg

post-3663-129449877441_thumb.jpg

post-3663-129449878727_thumb.jpg

post-3663-129449879839_thumb.jpg

Edited by vf_1s

Hi all:

Quite a few people have questioned on how to take apart the 1/3000 SDF-1 toy to get access to the city, so that they can repaint it.

The 1/3000 SDF-1 toy is actually assemble together the same as the 1/2000 SDF-1 prototype. Therefore, I have taken pictures of the construction manual, and added it to the "1/2000 SDF-1 Customised" thread as another reference.

Hope it helps.

Nice. Just what we'll need. Thanks.

You wouldn't happen to have a Fortress Maximus or Brave Max would you? I would love to see a size comparison between those two.

Nice. Just what we'll need. Thanks.

You wouldn't happen to have a Fortress Maximus or Brave Max would you? I would love to see a size comparison between those two.

I agree. This is going to be something I am sure many who own this toy are going to want to do. Thanks for helping us out!

Hi all:

Hope it helps.

Awesome!! Thanks!

I would've broken some pieces without this. Time to use reverse tech on mine!

This might be asking too much, but since you started it :D

Can you scan the rest of assembly manual as well if you have time? It will be greatly appreciated..

Seeing the leg assembly telling me it's not as simple as I thought for the rest of body.

This might be asking too much, but since you started it :D

Can you scan the rest of assembly manual as well if you have time? It will be greatly appreciated..

Seeing the leg assembly telling me it's not as simple as I thought for the rest of body.

I'm almost done with separating parts for paint job, but I'm stuck at the thigh with knee joints. It will be great if you can tell me the order of the thigh/knee assembly. (backward or forward - doesn't matter)

I can't figure out if the thigh front cover comes off first, or knee cover. Basically I'd like to separate the Leg frame from dark blur parts.

Thanks in advance!

I'm almost done with separating parts for paint job, but I'm stuck at the thigh with knee joints. It will be great if you can tell me the order of the thigh/knee assembly. (backward or forward - doesn't matter)

I can't figure out if the thigh front cover comes off first, or knee cover. Basically I'd like to separate the Leg frame from dark blur parts.

Thanks in advance!

It was said that the 1/2000 scale version don't have knee articulation so the construction is a little bit different from 1/3000 scale.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Keykey - why don't you post pictures for us of your disassembly process? Feel free to add to my thread if you want.

Hey Keykey - why don't you post pictures for us of your disassembly process? Feel free to add to my thread if you want.

Oh hi,

I'm kinda doing it here

My camera isn't that good (compare to these days standards, that is) and I didn't take step by step pics (too many parts) - so i got lazy and took photos only after I'm done with each area. I'll add the photo of the area I'm having trouble with now.

Oh hi,

I'm kinda doing it here

My camera isn't that good (compare to these days standards, that is) and I didn't take step by step pics (too many parts) - so i got lazy and took photos only after I'm done with each area. I'll add the photo of the area I'm having trouble with now.

Oh I found a web page showing all parts and assembly instruction of 1/2000 SDF-1 here. The page is in Japanese, but it doesn't really matter.

It appears that the Thigh parts came in pre-assembled... :( But it still shows the parts assembly for the Thigh.

Oh hi,

I'm kinda doing it here

I didn't know - great work so far! Definitely subscribed!! Too bad you didn't do it earlier before I "ripped" off my bridge! ;-)

I didn't know - great work so far! Definitely subscribed!! Too bad you didn't do it earlier before I "ripped" off my bridge! ;-)

Thanks! Mine got delivered a little late and I took a couple of days getting familiar with transformation and moving parts.

Even though I separated head/bridge without damage, I decided to add magnet so that I can remove the head during transformation. So I ended up drilling hole on the head anyways :ph34r:

Ok so when is Graham going to see Yamato again, he needs to take some photo's of this work with him.

Also When are you gonna do a casting :p

AMAZING Work!!!

Edited by big F