1/2000 SDF-1 CUSTOMISED

vf_1s

Utter rubbish you can see the unsanded seam lines.................

Who am I kidding this thing is AWESOME!!!

Anything else I have to say is pointless as it has already been said..

Be-jeezus :o and Wow :rolleyes:

That is an amazing piece. Would love to see that in person, didn't even know they made something that detailed with Macross City included!

If that's ever brought to a MW Con, that thing should win first prize for just existing.

I've been checking-in/lurking this forum for many years to keep up on all the cool Macross news, and I just had to come out of the shadows to say "Great Job." I've seen many others do very impressive work but this was just incredible. All the little additions and 'extras' you added really took this a step above. It's a real treat to see somebody create such a beautiful piece.

And to all the others who continue to mod and create masterpieces, keep up the good work. All are fanstastic to look at and great pieces of inspiration and one of the main reasons I enjoy this forum so much.

Absolutely incredible!

Any chance you own a Macross Quarter and have shot the two together? (aren't they the same scale?)

I did took pictures of the Macross Quarter with the sdf-1, however, they are not the same scale. In one of the pictures, you will see the vf-25 is almost 2.5 times bigger than the 1/2000 vf-1. The pictures are in page 3.

thanks again

Pat

Sorry for joining the party late.

This is some amazingly skillful work.

What's more impressive is the collection of reference material gathered to create the city scene and ship hull details, and the accurate customized recreation of these details.

Hey vf_1s I just got this inspiration at work from looking at your pics, and I though, has he ever done an upshot of the Macross in Storm Attacker mode like you were really looking up at it from a city street, ie: like that scene from the TV series burst point.

Hey vf_1s I just got this inspiration at work from looking at your pics, and I though, has he ever done an upshot of the Macross in Storm Attacker mode like you were really looking up at it from a city street, ie: like that scene from the TV series burst point.

I tried, but I can't... the city's building is so small compare to the storm attacker that if I focus on the city, the rest of sdf-1 would be so blurred that you can't tell what it is.

I tried, but I can't... the city's building is so small compare to the storm attacker that if I focus on the city, the rest of sdf-1 would be so blurred that you can't tell what it is.

Well could you just focus on the SDF-1 then do some photoshoping by adding an upshot of some builing in the area you're in and see what happens there might be cool.

• 1 month later...

If they release a smaller version of this as a toy, I hope it's 1/10th as detailed as this model. Just stunning.

I hope they do a TV version eventually too.

Beautiful.

they actually added detail to the 1/3000 version believe it or not. The designers actually went to Katsutaka Miyatake for approval and he added detail that's not in the original lineart. I think that was the story for the 1/3000... maybe it was the 1/2000. I know the 1/3000 has more detail that the 1/2000 didn't.

• 4 weeks later...

I know i am a bit late in the game to respond to this but I have to say to vf_1s that this build inspired me to buy one of these things.....I tried so hard not to but this thread made me give in...I had to sell a ton of stuff off to afford it but I just got it in today and have to say i think it is worth it. So I hope you take that as the highest form of flattery, the work here is fantastic...

If i could bother you for some tips..did you have a particular paint you used? Did you kit come with any decals at all? I know you did the city art yourself, but so far i have not seen any decals in my kit so i was just wondering....Also, if it is not too much trouble, would you mind sharing the screengrabs of the city, i understand if you do not want to, but i would like to imitate the way you did the city backround..

Again, thanks for "pushing" me into the purchase, I kept coming back to look at the pics until i talked myself into it... your build is amazing.

mike

Jeez, I haven't looked in the toy forum for a while and I missed one of the coolest threads ever on Macrossworld. That is just a stunning piece of work. Congratulations on having / creating what is probably the coolect representation of the SDF-1 on earth. Thanks for sharing all the great pictures so we can live vicariously though you!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...