1/2000 SDF-1 CUSTOMISED

vf_1s

Wow! What can I say that hasn't been said before?! It is truly awesome and inspiring. I am so glad that the good people here at MW are actually building this masterpiece and doing it great justice. I was pining away for this kit, but when I saw the price tag, I just couldn't even entertain the thought - I also thought that everyone who could afford it would just squirrel it away for investment and keep in packaged up. I am so glad that you all built it and did such a wonderful job at it and shared it with all of us! I am truly envious.

Did you mention Cdn prices? Are you in Toronto? If so, I'd love to meet up and admire it in person.

Thanks for the comment. It was an honor to be complemented by Mr. "wm cheng". However, I am in Calgary, not Toronto... Like I said earlier, to make it up, I will post larger pics later... Thanks again averyone!

Very impressive indeed.

Can I post this SDF-1 to other forums? I will need to upload a few selected photos in an external host for preview, with a link to this thread since outside people can't see the photos until they register on this forum. I can add a "vf_1s @ macrossworld" watermark to the photos before hosting. I think I will post on hkml.net, toysdaily.com and hobbyfanatics.com .

Yes you may. In fact, please feel free to post it anywhere you like. I would love to share it with anyone.

I've seen a lot of amazing stuff in the last few years of lurking on this board, but this is the check mate of Macross modeling. All those little 1/2000 Valks really complete the kit and give the Macross a sense of scale and weight.

Edited by Vic Mancini

I find this impressive, despite a few error in the construction guide.

The guy that did the instructions was given one night to do the whole thing. I bet it's full of mistakes but blame it on the crunch. I wonder if they improved it for the second run.

The guy that did the instructions was given one night to do the whole thing. I bet it's full of mistakes but blame it on the crunch. I wonder if they improved it for the second run.

I think mine was the second run. For the time he was given, I say he did a wonderful job then; for sure I can't do it in one night...

:o UN-freaking-belieavable, :o the time and effort you put into this is so awsome that I lost track of time. It's 12:32 a.m. and I was going to post some pictures on my thread until I saw this. Next to Kurt, You are the man. I was quite amazed that I kept making typos typing this response, Yamato should hire you and everyone else will agree with me on that. And should they ever hire you, please get them to lower the price for us. ^_^ Edited by VF-18S Hornet

I started crying at work when I saw this thing and then someone came to my cubicle and said hey man why you crying and I showed him why I was crying and he started crying and then someone else came to my desk and asked why you guys crying now the whole godam TELCO LAN group is crying

Thanks a lot

BTW awesome kit

I don't post very often but felt i had to after seeing this work of art.

That is exactly what this is - a work of art.

A truly amazing piece and i must admit to getting a little choked reading the praise from all of MW's master modellers. You truly deserve to have this featured in many many magazines.

I think every visitor on MW should been MADE to look at this before proceeding any further into the forum :-)

Has anyone sent this to Graham yet?

I just tried PM'ing Graham, but I get the message saying he can't use the messenger (Not sure why), I would like to think that he's seen this and passed the link to this thread to Yamato.

-Kyp

Pretty sure Graham's been having issues loading up the MW forums ever since the recent board upgrade. This is probably the main reason he disabled his PM's.

Getting back on topic, it's really not the kit itself that is amazing; it's all the custom touches that vf_1s put into this that really makes this particular Macross stand out.

The paint work; the ridiculous attention to minute details; all the sweet touches and light added to Macross City; the numerous little valks, launch arms, and signals added all over the place; the mechanical modifications that locked the cruiser mode into one solid piece: these are what made this SDF-1 custom AMAZING.

Hi Guys, yeah PM box still disabled. Lots of problems with my personal life at the moment and just don't feel like dealing with the 1/60 shoulders at the moment. Really sorry for those of you still waiting. It's just been one thing after another recently. Threw my back out last week and found out it's much worse than I expected. Old back injury from 15 years ago has gotten much worse. Not much soft disc left between 2 of my vertebrae and also have a bone spur growing on one of my vertebrae if it gets worse will need back sugery to remove. Ambulatory at the moment, but need to do a lot of strengthening exercises for my back to build up the strength of my back muscles. Quite depressed about this. especially as I may have to stop a lot of the hi-impact sports/exercises I like from now on.

Anyway, sorry to derail this thread, but amazing SDF-1 custom and I have already emailed pics of both this custom and Kurt's custom SDF-1 to Yamato last week. No feedback from them yet though. They are in one of there quite, minimal contact phases at the moment.

Graham

Well, since we can't PM you to offer any encouragement, this thread will have to do!

Thanks for all your efforts, both on this site and behind the scenes! Keep your chin up. I've never had any major injuries but I'm sure having back problems has got to really suck. It's not like you can rest your back without resting your whole body too. Anyway, stay focussed on recovery and your family man.

And thanks for passing on the work people on these forums do to the guys making all of our toy dreams reality! Much appreciated!

Thank you very much for all you have done Graham (including getting clarification on some of our concerns back in November, before I bought the kit)!!!

Hope you get well soon!

Sincerely

Patrick

Edited by vf_1s

Hi Guys, yeah PM box still disabled. Lots of problems with my personal life at the moment and just don't feel like dealing with the 1/60 shoulders at the moment. Really sorry for those of you still waiting. It's just been one thing after another recently. Threw my back out last week and found out it's much worse than I expected. Old back injury from 15 years ago has gotten much worse. Not much soft disc left between 2 of my vertebrae and also have a bone spur growing on one of my vertebrae if it gets worse will need back sugery to remove. Ambulatory at the moment, but need to do a lot of strengthening exercises for my back to build up the strength of my back muscles. Quite depressed about this. especially as I may have to stop a lot of the hi-impact sports/exercises I like from now on.

Anyway, sorry to derail this thread, but amazing SDF-1 custom and I have already emailed pics of both this custom and Kurt's custom SDF-1 to Yamato last week. No feedback from them yet though. They are in one of there quite, minimal contact phases at the moment.

Graham

Well Graham you and my sister are going through the same problems when it comes to those cartilage problems she had to have hers removed and replaced with a plate, and that injury was casued by years of service in the army reserve and two car accidents. Range of motion is limited, which required me to drive to and from my mother's home in Pittsburgh though I didn't mind (I love to drive heh,heh,heh)I wish you the best and hope you get better and remember chiopractic therapy might help with those bone spur that are developing.

OMG man, this thing is crazy sweet! Great work man!

Man and I was sitting around here thinking Graham stiffed me LOL!

Sorry to hear about all the crap you are going through and I hope it all takes a turn for the better.

Concentrate on your health and family, it is the most important thing.

Take care and hope you get well soon!

Edited by Loop

Hi:

A few people have asked me if I could post bigger pictures, and a few wanted to meet up in person. Sadly, I live in Calgary, and cannot meet up with you guys in person. To make it up, I have attempted to take "bigger" pictures with a better background. You will find some of them bigger than the actual size, but hopefully you can get a closer look and a sense of the size. Sorry it took so long; I haven't been very satisfy with the pictures. I only have a 12 MegaPix Camera, and for the first time, I find that it is not enough to capture all the details and different contrast on the SDF-1.

Here are two more posting in addition to the last 6 sets of picture. I will leave it to the moderator to decide to leave them here or move them to the front (thanks!)

Anyway, enjoy! And thanks for all your support!

Section 7.) size comparison

post-3663-127734213827_thumb.jpgpost-3663-127734215031_thumb.jpgpost-3663-127734215997_thumb.jpgpost-3663-127734216737_thumb.jpgpost-3663-127734217897_thumb.jpgpost-3663-127734219594_thumb.jpgpost-3663-127734220588_thumb.jpgpost-3663-127734221377_thumb.jpgpost-3663-127734222728_thumb.jpgpost-3663-127734223744_thumb.jpg

Edited by vf_1s

Wow!!! This is the most amazing piece of work I have ever seen!! The detailed work and love put into this is very overwhelming...! Congratulations my friend and thanks for sharing this is very inspiring and I wish I could have the talent you have for detail and also the skills to make something like this for myself! Nice work once again!!

Regards,

Roberto Soriano