Voltron Movie Limbo

Bummer.

Can't say it comes as any surprise... it's been mired in development hell for ages. I'm surprised they didn't just broom the whole idea and have done with it.

well that's not a surprise really, and now it won't be long till

the announcement for the scrapping of the Robotech live action flick

ah well perhaps it was for the best?

Some people would spin this around saying it's even more likely because there is one less franchise in line for a Hollywood film.

Oh well, at least people will get to see all the material they came up with sometime in the future.

I think it's a bad thing. Hollywood likes to saturate the market with whatever's hot. In this case, it's giant transforming robots. If Voltron is canned, it illustrates a decline in that particular trend and others (like Robotech) won't be far behind.

I think it's a bad thing. Hollywood likes to saturate the market with whatever's hot. In this case, it's giant transforming robots. If Voltron is canned, it illustrates a decline in that particular trend and others (like Robotech) won't be far behind.

Wait, Transformers tanked recently?

Wait, Transformers tanked recently?

Of course not, Pithy McSarcasm. Transformers created an interest and made bandwagon robot movies a viable possibility. Now that the post TF2K7 and ROTF hype has died down, robot movies that have been in pre-development limbo are seemingly becoming less and less likely.

".....We’ve been working over the last several months meeting with various screenwriters, and we’re actually on the cusp of securing an A-level screenwriter..."

Now that's some comedy right there; searching for an A-level writer to assign to a B-level movie/idea...

".....We’ve been working over the last several months meeting with various screenwriters, and we’re actually on the cusp of securing an A-level screenwriter..."

Now that's some comedy right there; searching for an A-level writer to assign to a B-level movie/idea...

My favorite part is this:

“…as much as it has a very strong robot element, this is a movie and a franchise that is driven by characters — these five people that in some or another are a representation of all of us. It’s really about how you have five different personalities working together in order to come together to form Voltron.”

Exactly right. When I think "Voltron," what's the first thng that pops into my mind? Robot lions? Puh-leeeeze. It's obviously the downright Chekovian characters, and their vibrant, nuanced, and deeply truthful interactions.

Too bad Ingmar Bergman is no longer around to direct this tender character study...but maybe Woody Allen would be willing to take it on.

My favorite part is this:

“…as much as it has a very strong robot element, this is a movie and a franchise that is driven by characters — these five people that in some or another are a representation of all of us. It’s really about how you have five different personalities working together in order to come together to form Voltron.”

Exactly right. When I think "Voltron," what's the first thng that pops into my mind? Robot lions? Puh-leeeeze. It's obviously the downright Chekovian characters, and their vibrant, nuanced, and deeply truthful interactions.

Too bad Ingmar Bergman is no longer around to direct this tender character study...but maybe Woody Allen would be willing to take it on.

If Woody Allen *did* direct, you know scalet johanson would have a role.... :)

a neurotic Voltron pic from Woody Allen... I can just see it...

"I... I just don't know who I am anymore... sometimes I feel like I'm one giant robot and sometimes I feel like five different lions that can't get it together... you know, I bet it's got something to do with my mother. But that sword thing... that's a whole different issue"

:(:o

Oh well, i guess we have to wait till..

"Voltron, is needed once more" :D

you know if Peter Cullen's voice was not in the opening intro, i probably never watched it... as when i was a kid, i thought it was Optimus Prime. :lol:

B)) B)) Edited by altermodes

:(:o

Oh well, i guess we have to wait till..

"Voltron, is needed once more" :D

you know if Peter Cullen's voice was not in the opening intro, i probably never watched it... as when i was a kid, i thought it was Optimus Prime. :lol:

B)) B))

Whoever told you that Peter Cullen did not do the intro voiceover for Voltron is pulling your leg. He did that as well as the voice for Optimus Prime in both the G-1 series and the Bayformer movies.