Guilty Pleasure, for those of us who still "play" with our toy

DARKWIND

For me its. . .

"Crazy on you" or "Barricuda" by Heart for anything Millia related.

"Dangerzone" Kenny Loggins for Roy's valks.

"Frankenstein" Edgar Winter Group for my Low Viz and stealth1J.

"Black Betty" by Ram Jam OR "Radar Love" Golden Earring for Max's valks. (Depending on my mood) :p

Hikaru gets "Kashmir" OR "Whole lotta love" by Led Zeppelin also "Bring me to Life" by Evanescence.

Well now you know how cuckoo I am (this is just the tip of the iceberg mind you, I still haven't even gotten to the CF's, MacPlus, MacZero, Mac7, MacFrontier, and Destroids). :lol::p:D

Let's hear from the peanut gallery, what's your dogfight/funtime/simulation soundtrack? :)

Yeah, the MacPlus music is pretty good.

Also when I grab my Destriod "Purple Haze" by Jimmy just feels right for some reason.

Like when I break out the CF's "Paint it Black" by the Stones screams, "yup these guys are toast". :ph34r:

And "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplaine for the Destroids too. :lol:

I've also got the soundtrack to MacFrontier and both disks for MacPlus, and saved them to my 360 for Ace Combat 6.

Strangely, I find Rammstein's "Isch Will" and "Sonne" fit quite well with the MacPlus VF's. Of course, Yoko Kanno's Information High, E-Saien, and that song with the French lyrics (Idol Talk?) are perfect.

For Gamlin's VF-22S, Godsmack's ironically titled, "I Stand Alone." In a way he does stand alone, since I don't plan on buying the M&M VF-22S's, or the VF-11C.

For VF-0's, Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C.'s soundtrack make an unlikely accompaniment, especially Origa's "Rise".

For VF-1's in general, anything by Minmei (Mari Iijima) just oozes nostalgia.

For all VF's in general, MF's Lion, Triangle, and Don't be Late work well. Pity Yamato still won't be able to make some VF-25's for some time.

And just for the heck of it, I reckon Rolling Stones' "Paint it Black" would be perfect for the Destroid Defender and Tomahawk I plan to finally buy this year end--great Vietnam War vibe.

Since we're talking about guilty pleasures... I confess that whenever I make my valks soar I hear high and loud Robotech's theme by Ulpio Minucci (runs away from an angry crowd whistling Robotech tune)

PS: You'll never admit it, but I'm sure almost everyone of you has done the same at least once in his life. :p

Since we're talking about guilty pleasures... I confess that whenever I make my valks soar I hear high and loud Robotech's theme by Ulpio Minucci (runs away from an angry crowd whistling Robotech tune)

PS: You'll never admit it, but I'm sure almost everyone of you has done the same at least once in his life. :p

Like I said "Guilty".

I've been known to hum the tune at work. :p

Whenever I tinker with the Quarter "Hell's Bells" or "Thunderstruck" from AC/DC, something about the guns on that sucker just screams "Come about hard Port and make ready for a full braodside!!!" "FIRE!!!!" :lol:

Edited by DARKWIND

I don't necessarily play with them much but when I am sitting in my office and staring at them some music does pop into my head.

I agree with all the Macross plus songs mentioned but "Dogfight" (Drum solo is the best part) proves that all dogfights should have an orchestral score. "Break Out" and to a lesser extent "Fly up in the Air" and "National Them of Macross" from Plus are good as well.

From Frontier "TALLY HO!" and "THE TARGET" are great as well. "Northern Cross", "Triangular" & "Welcome to My Fanclub" from Frontier are good as well but it's just to "poppy" for me sometimes.

Oh and how could I forget the opening them to Macross!........will you loooove me tomooooorroow!?..... :lol:

Non Macross

- Robotech opening theme song.

- Exo Squad opening theme song.

- "Battery", "Master of Puppets", "Fuel" from Matellica.

- "Tank", "What Planet is this?!" - Cowboy Bebop (Yoko Kanno!!)

- Some of the Stuff from the Eureka Seven ST.

- "Boom" POD

- "Pompei" E.S. Posthumus

- "Kick Start my Hear" Motley Crue

- Probably most of the sound track from Iron Eagles.....:lol:

Probably more but that is all I can think of right now, I don't have my MP3 player near me.

Edited by logos

I have the entire Robowreck 2 CD soundtrack on my IPOD in my car...don't listen to it very often, but once in a while, like while on a road trip, it can be nostalgic and fun... :unsure:

Oh boy I could go into sooooo much detail for this. A lot of it comes from flight simming, since I'll often substitute that for flying a physical plane around (bonus for the lack of a hand holding the plane, and actual flame effects in the engines :D)

Note, a lot of these tracks cross over into my own personal label of "eargasmic."

1. "Flight to Neverland" from the movie Hook. I picture this one a lot for aircraft test flights, and if I ever get a pilot's license, I swear I will be either playing or singing/humming this during my first solo (regulations permitting).

2. "Ride the Dragon," or "Escape from the Dragon" from the Shrek orchestral score, used a lot for YF-19 flights in Flight Simulator. (Also of note: in my own head, I always hear "Escape from the Dragon" when watching the attack run on the second Death Star in ROTJ.. Sheesh.. There's even a roar sound that would synch up nicely with the explosion wave forming...I get chills just thinking about how well that would fit. Pacing is a little different, but I want to do a recut with that music someday.)

3. Northern Cross is a fun one. The fast paced lyrics in that one are like the vocal equivalent of a barrel-roll laden, Itano Circus massacre. Same for Lion and Infinity to an extent, but I associate those more with high-G dogfights and aircraft carrier punches than with crazy missile swarms.

4. Voices, Aimo, or .. whatever the name for the Mac0 end theme was that Aimo replaced in MacF, mainly for just smooth sailing, like sailplane flights, or Alto's cloud cruising.

5. If I had a CF to fly around, it'd be "TNT" (watch me explode! :lol:)

6. For anything Mac7 related, it's usually "Holy Lonely Night" (for me, one of my favorite parts in the series was when that song got first used in battle, just because it was new and different :lol:), although, I'm really starting to like some of the Fire Bomber tracks not used in the series like "Diamond Calling" and "Tread the Lightless Night."

7. Thanks to Forrest Gump, I'll always picture destroid (especially jungle) warfare accompanied by "For What it's Worth," or maybe "Fortunate Son."

There's so much more too.. The Origa/Kanno tracks from GITS, the entire Macross Plus soundtrack.. Heck, even Yackety Sax (the Benny Hill high speed slapstick music) works well for missile barrages. :lol: It's like every track I listen to has a flight equivalent.

Actually, I think it's something my brain does.. I don't know why, but I tend to associate pitches (notes on the scale) with angles, or motions. It's not always consistent, but it's like converting the whole "do-re-mi" bit into roll, pitch, and yaw angles. :blink:

When I take a VF-1 down to play with my daughter I prefer a high pitched humming of Macross and the occasional Loud "Macross" along with lyrics concerning a feature of my baby with the tune. All part of my plan to condition her to enjoy Macross so when I pass on, I know the Valks will be with a worthy heir. :lol:

my Yammie 1/60v.2 Hikaru T.V. and Ai Oboete Imasu Ka? from SDF MACROSS; DYRL? covered by my goddess, miss Shaorin...

ShaorinShichiriasLynnMinmay.jpg

DSC_2189.jpg

inappropriate, inaccurate combination, i know, but that's just me...

oh, and that CD player is nearly as old as MACROSS itself.

don't laugh though; it is a diehard workhorse that sounds good. REAL good...

Edited by Shaorin

War Pigs, Black Sabbath.

Another good track for my battlepod. :p