Surprised no one on this board has mentioned this cool little modded game before: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/534416

Rather appropriate game for the thread topic. ;)

This is absolutely amazing. Thanks! Pity you have to use a keyboard, though, I can't seem to play it properly.

Has anyone heard of Megaman 8-bit Deathmatch? It's like Doom but with Megaman, and apparently they're trying to recreate the levels as they appeared in the original games, except in 3D.

Last I heard, it was still in development and no playable versions were available yet (I think they made one and took it offline because it was outdated).

http://cutstuff.net/blog/?page_id=1928

everybody already know that there was a nes, snes, sega master system, sega genisis, and atari emulator for roms on the sega dreamcast right?

What?? No! I didn't know that. I only knew about the "Bleem" thing, that PS1 emulator for Dreamcast.

This is absolutely amazing. Thanks! Pity you have to use a keyboard, though, I can't seem to play it properly.

Has anyone heard of Megaman 8-bit Deathmatch? It's like Doom but with Megaman, and apparently they're trying to recreate the levels as they appeared in the original games, except in 3D.

Last I heard, it was still in development and no playable versions were available yet (I think they made one and took it offline because it was outdated).

http://cutstuff.net/blog/?page_id=1928

What?? No! I didn't know that. I only knew about the "Bleem" thing, that PS1 emulator for Dreamcast.

I don't think I ever got bleemcast to work properly... but I had a modded psx1 so it didn't matter. I just recently parted with my modded psx1 and three dreamcast's with well over 1k of gamss/roms. I am pretty sure I still have the two disc genisis collection and the snesdc selfbooting discs imaged on one of my hard drives. Probably some more stuff imaged as well as I am a pack-rat. Give a shout if you have a dreamcast and I'll mail you some discs ;) ... eventually :rolleyes:

Here are the games I played and liked during my youth.

NES:

Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt - classic of course

Ninja Gaiden - awesome game, awesome soundtrack first ever in game story movie scenes are awesome, stage 6 is hella hard!!

Ninja Gaiden 2 - a little easier than the first, but still an awesome game and movie scenes.

Batman - awesome game, and soundtrack

Blaster Master - this game made me play for hours! wish it had a save or password feature!

Metal Gear: Snake's Revenge - took me awhile to beat, awesome soundtrack

TMNT - used Donatello the whole game, he does twice the dmg than the other turtles

Mega Man 2 - great game, with an awesome soundtrack

Dino Wars - action sidescroller, you able to control a robotic dinosaur lol

Xexyz - awesome action sidescroller/shooter

Lifeforce - awesome shooter

Edited by Gunpod71

Ninja Gaiden - ... first ever in game story movie scenes...

You mis-spelled Phantasy Star.

Not that Ninja Gaiden isn't a great game, but Phantasy Star did cutscenes first.

Blaster Master - this game made me play for hours! wish it had a save or password feature!

AWW YEAH!

• 3 weeks later...

I wish all those classic 16-Bit shooters to reissued for the portable systems, we already have Konami shooter franchises for the PSP but we need more.

Yay, this thread is back!

So, which ones in particular were you thinking of? Aside from all those Konami ports, the Hudson "Star Soldier" ones were re-released in a special "PC Engine Collection" pack a couple of years back for the PSP. They also re-released the PC Engine Super CD game (or was it Arcade CD or something?) "Sapphire" as part of the "Galaxy Fraulein" collection along with the Yuna games. As for the classic Compile ones like Aleste and Zanac, you can use emulators.... ;)

I just finished taking a trip down Nostalgia Lane: Star Control 2! Ah, the feeling of discovering a Rainbow World or finding a Ruby or Emerald World chock full of exotics, only to notice that the surface temperature is freaking 3500 degrees Celsius and you haven't bought the heat resistance technology from the Melnorme.

Discuss.

I found this site while searching for Yuzo Koshiro's stuff: Streets of Rage Online. Being a big fan of the series, I had to try out the SoR Remake under the fan games section-it's REALLY good! Fan drawn cutscenes, multi-path gameplay, and the return of Adam (complete with remade sprites just for him). Also check out the work done on SoR IV, it looks very promising!

So, which ones in particular were you thinking of?

The ones were released for the Mega Drive/ Genesis :

1- Gaiares, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaiares

2- Air Buster, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Buster

3- Arrow Flash, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrow_Flash

and of course the Thunder Force series.

post-1081-127848658438_thumb.jpg

Edited by Black Valkyrie

So, which ones in particular were you thinking of? Aside from all those Konami ports, the Hudson "Star Soldier" ones were re-released in a special "PC Engine Collection" pack a couple of years back for the PSP. They also re-released the PC Engine Super CD game (or was it Arcade CD or something?) "Sapphire" as part of the "Galaxy Fraulein" collection along with the Yuna games. As for the classic Compile ones like Aleste and Zanac, you can use emulators.... ;)

Speaking of Compile and emulators... I REALLY wish someone had snagged Zanac X Zanac for a US release.

It's such a fun game.

Even has the original ship in it as an unlockable(and no fewer than three versions of NES/FamiCom Zanac available right from the start alongside the PS1 sequel).

Edit: And all 4 ships are given microprocessor names for their model numbers, which warms my silicon heart. 68030, 80586, 3000A, and 6502FC.

Edited by JB0

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case anyone one here missed this

http://www.disgruntleddesigner.com/chrisc/secret/weekly/Stars_of_the_Family_Computer.html

Pretty interesting overview of an old book about Nintendo's early efforts.

In personal retro related news, I happened upon a copy of Phantasy Star III a little bit ago. Now I just need to find my Genesis!

I used to love Phantasy Star games so much. 1, 2, and the last one which was 4, I think. 3 had some cool ideas but it just didn't grab me. Maybe because the whole Generations thing meant you never kept most of the characters and you never hear what happened to the last Generation after you stopped playing. Never heard from again.

• 2 weeks later...

I just recently bought a RetroN3 which a clone system the plays NES, Genesis/Mega Drive and SNES/SFC games. So far the NES and SNES games play fine without noticeable glitches but the music volume is slightly lower. I don't have any Genesis games right now but plan to head on to eBay. There are many reviews on Youtube for the system and all consider it's the best Retro clone game system so far.

Speaking of retro, anyone tried Retro Game Challenge for the NDS.

Heck yeah! That game is AWESOME!

Shame it didn't do well enough for XSeed to bring over the sequel(But Korg DS-10 DID? What is wrong with this picture?).

• 2 weeks later...

Latic, so did you download and burn those titles with the custom covers? Do you have a modchipped Saturn or do you play on a PC emulator? If you play on a modchipped Saturn like me WHERE CAN I GET A REPLACEMENT BOOTLEG RAMCART???!!!

those are all original, you can play imports if you Buy the Action Replay 4 in 1, which is about $30.

I've also been thinking about doing the mod chip thing because some games like D&D are hella expensive, but I don't have the first clue how to solder, although its supposed to be really easy.

Does anyone still remember Streets of Rage? I had Streets of Rage 3 on my Sega Megadrive 2, and still occasionally play a few rounds.

SoR3 and Street Fighter 2 are probably the only games I ever owned. All others were borrowed from friends and neighbors.

Boy, that shelf of Saturn games looks familiar/similar. (though quite a few of the ones I have downstairs are the Japanese versions whenever possible---Capcom 2D fighters with the RAM cart alone made the Saturn worth owning)

No Panzer Dragoon RPG though. :p:D

Excellent site, where did you get those plastic cases.

the ones for the nes, snes and atari?

here

http://www.mediashelving.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=W&Product_Code=USCG

the site I posted above, makes the covers to fit exactly on those plastic cases

Edited by Ladic

• 1 month later...

Wow, I always heard good things about SCART, but never had a TV with an input socket. :(

And I'm so glad this thread is back... again! OK, so right now I'm playing (on PSP):

PC-Engine perfection Soldier Blade (which is either tough as nails or I'm just crap)

and

SNES lost wonder "Super Back to the Future Part II". Yeah, I love that the passwords are actual four-letter words (for the most part). I got stuck in one of the first few levels so I inputted some random word and now I'm halfway through the game. :lol: Well, I guess I will eventually go back and do the other levels.

Edited by Renato

Gunstar Heroes

Thunderforce 4

Streets of Rage 1,2 etc (only played 1 and 2)

Anything Sonic.

that's my top picks off the top of me head.

:edit: and good ol StreetFighter II on SES.

I got me a perfectly working Dreamcast which i haven't got back into for a while, when i do i'll restart Skies of Arcadia.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Ah, the Dreamcast. My brother-in-law found his recently, and he knew I had wanted to borrow it for ages because I own the Macross M3 game but no console, so I was going to bring it back with me when I was in town, but it was just too heavy to carry back. Maybe next time. I really want to limit the effort I put into this endeavour seeing as I've heard nothing but bad things about M3. :lol:

In other news, recently I've been playing Game Boy Donkey Kong (the one with Mario in it) on the PSP. I loved this game as a kid, and I'm finding it really addictive once again now. Recommended!