There is a whooole thread right here buddy about the new voltron....look upon in horror

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=32836&st=245

Arg. I just did. Voltron is a lost hope.

hope other IP's take note of how this show was done and follow suit.

We don't need any more run-to-the-bank shows like Voltron. We need more shows like Thundercats.

Classics figures of the rest of the Thundercats & Mutants would be great...re-releasing the old thundertank would be even better :D

I *LOVED* the original Thundertank as a kid. I never had it, but one of my neighbors did. And I would play with that damn toy every time I came over! :lol:

J.M. should be up for some more episodes soon but nothing he can talk about.

The show isn't cancelled its just run into the same problem Young Justice has. Hopefully they'll handle it better and we'll get some new episodes SOON.

If you really want to help I suggest registering on the appropriate forums and making some noise about it.

There are only a few artists I like in MAD Magazine, among them are Don Edwing, Prohias, and Al Jaffee. But the best one happened to be Don Martin; I loved his style and his twisted sense of humor. Too bad he passed on soon after he started his stint over at Cracked Magazine.

I hope that it doesn't run into that same problem of not haveing enough episodes made to sate the fans.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll finish out this first season, but the show isn't impressing me enough to be interested in it anymore. The nostalgia factor wore off really quickly in the new episode. If I was 11 again I'd probably really enjoy it; I just happen to be 35 now.

I really liked the first few episodes and then it dragged a bit until they found the book of omens and now it's dragging again. The quality of the animation is high, but i feel like the story moves along well and then it gets stunted with a filler episode, it really breaks up the story's momentum.

I really liked the first few episodes and then it dragged a bit until they found the book of omens and now it's dragging again. The quality of the animation is high, but i feel like the story moves along well and then it gets stunted with a filler episode, it really breaks up the story's momentum.

Well, it's how the original series was; conflict of the week with strange creatures that seem like they came out of nowhere and exist nowhere else.

conflict of the week with strange creatures that seem like they came out of nowhere and exist nowhere else.

What does that even mean? Did you want an encyclopedia on the fictitious world they live in before you watch the show? It's a strange world in a strange time. It's the theme. You think at 35 you'd know enough to quit when you decide you don't like it instead of continuing to torture yourself week after week and then whining about it like a 16 year old.

What does that even mean? Did you want an encyclopedia on the fictitious world they live in before you watch the show? It's a strange world in a strange time. It's the theme. You think at 35 you'd know enough to quit when you decide you don't like it instead of continuing to torture yourself week after week and then whining about it like a 16 year old.

Kind of hard to have a discussion if everyone blindly loves the subject, no?

What did I mean? I mean they're following the same formulaic format the original show did. At first I thought it was just a nod to the original series, but it's starting to feel like that's the actual format of the show.

Personally, I'm going to finish out the first season and give the show a fair chance. If I end up feeling indifferent at the end of it, I'll stop watching.

Kind of hard to have a discussion if everyone blindly loves the subject, no?

What did I mean? I mean they're following the same formulaic format the original show did. At first I thought it was just a nod to the original series, but it's starting to feel like that's the actual format of the show.

Personally, I'm going to finish out the first season and give the show a fair chance. If I end up feeling indifferent at the end of it, I'll stop watching.

Again, you're not making ANY sense... I can see how you want to manipulate the "discussion" by saying that everyone that just happens to like the show does so "blindly". But actually it's really easy to have an adult conversation even when everyone agrees, in fact... it's a LOT EASIER than disagreeing... you just need good opinions and serious observations. I'm not saying that people shouldn't disagree, I just find your lack camaraderie sad.

But I know that you're trying to subtly insult people that actually like the show by making the sentence seemingly about yourself when really what you're saying is you have to have the mind of an eleven year old to enjoy it. It's almost an insult that you'd think anyone but yourself or any 8 year old would not even see thru what your trying to say.

What I'M trying to say is, and I'll try not to be subtle about it, that you never liked the show from the beginning and even after the initial 8 "trial" episodes finished and had a long break you still decide to finish the whole season... based on what? That you might end up liking it? Or to still not like it and be the one to say "yeah it still sucks". That to me seems like the more childish role. Maybe at your age you should be old enough to know what you like in 2 or 3 episodes and save yourself countless hours of discomfort.

Again, you're not making ANY sense... I can see how you want to manipulate the "discussion" by saying that everyone that just happens to like the show does so "blindly".

Um, no, not at all. I'm not even going to bother to respond to the rest of your post. If you have more to say, please PM me.

Again, I'll say that I am going to give the show a chance. We're what, 7 episodes in to season 1? Had I given up on Fullmetal Alchemist 7 episodes in (which I almost did), I would have missed out on a series I ended up enjoying a lot. I have issues with the new Thundercats series, but it has enough going for it that I think it can be a good show. If we get to the end of the first season and it just isn't doing it for me, you won't see me discussing it again.

If cartoon network pulls off a lot of what the Hub did, stopping a series midway for several weeks at a time, release a few episodes then stop for a few more weeks you'll lose a lot of interest and be irritated by the fillers along the way.

This happened for me on transformers prime and nearly forgetting a new episode would even be on!

They've got enough episodes to show for 6 months at a 1 week airing basis yet drag it on.

the smart move was to get toys out while the show airs to help interests, hasbro sure doesn't do that.

Um, no, not at all. I'm not even going to bother to respond to the rest of your post. If you have more to say, please PM me.

Again, I'll say that I am going to give the show a chance. We're what, 7 episodes in to season 1? Had I given up on Fullmetal Alchemist 7 episodes in (which I almost did), I would have missed out on a series I ended up enjoying a lot. I have issues with the new Thundercats series, but it has enough going for it that I think it can be a good show. If we get to the end of the first season and it just isn't doing it for me, you won't see me discussing it again.

I said all I wanted to say unless you were going to add to it.

As far as the toys, I guess they are popular enough to where they're already rebooting the classics line to 6" instead of the planned 8". I guess Bandai realized that Mumm-ra would have to be a full on 12" figure to accurately scale him against the thundercats. I don't mind the reboot because I only have bought the Lion-O and not the Tygra. I do hope that they keep the quality of sculpt on the classics because the sculpt on the newer versions seem lacking. I ended up returning my 4" and 6" Lion-O. I actually would think a 4" line would be better so they can have vehicles, but I'm glad because who has room for those things?

The introduction of the Berbils seem more significant this time around than the 80's show because now they have access to flawless or much improved technology. This is a huge jump for the Thundercats because at best they were just tinkerers. It also shows how closed off the general society was to the outside world because a berbil walking into Thundera would be a complete shock to everyone there. In contrast... t's also curious that everyone outside their world knew somewhat of the Thundercats.

Seems to me that the series is leading up to introducing all of the components of Mum-Rah's ship that rebelled against him. Berbil's were obviously the repair crew aboard, which is why they can build a new enigne for the Thundertank. This story is totally going in a Xenogears like direction, which I'm cool with. Eventually the Thundercats will build up enough of an arsenal & alliance to go straight up against Mum-Rah.

I am still into the show, and don't find it so formulaic. I think people use that little too much to give an excuse of why they aren't interested. I do get a little frustrated at the shift in tempo, but for most of my favorite shows, it's been like that. Writers need to get their bearings on where they need to go, and I certainly hope they do. I also hope the don't do the short breaks of not airing it. That is really frustrating.

If cartoon network pulls off a lot of what the Hub did, stopping a series midway for several weeks at a time, release a few episodes then stop for a few more weeks you'll lose a lot of interest and be irritated by the fillers along the way.

This happened for me on transformers prime and nearly forgetting a new episode would even be on!

They've got enough episodes to show for 6 months at a 1 week airing basis yet drag it on.

the smart move was to get toys out while the show airs to help interests, hasbro sure doesn't do that.

That's what's In Demand is for. It's an easy way to catch up on the shows you missed at any time.

Until they remove the episode you want to see off the list, that is.