Don't like whiskers either... It's no "frak" that's for sure... how about "motherfurballs!"

I swear I heard him say Whiskas, not whiskers... them cats are always begging for more food

and he kept being kissed by his grand-grand-grand-mother which reminded me of the fun of this kind of situation in Back to the future, totally overlooked here...

However I liked it very much (the nods to the Silverhawks and the armored batlle were nice), enough to keep an eye on this show next week ^_^

Edited by Frogze

Strange that such a major guest character never got a single name/description. (cat lady--we aren't even told what species she is, and it's not obvious---most all of them have a black color morph---interesting that she's tailed like Panthro)

Having Cree Summer as the voice is always a big plus. :)

Strange that such a major guest character never got a single name/description. (cat lady--we aren't even told what species she is, and it's not obvious---most all of them have a black color morph---interesting that she's tailed like Panthro)

On the character sheet on Tvtropes and descriptions of the episode, she is called Panthera.

Edited by Einherjar

This new series has impressed me quite a bit. It's easy to tell that the creative staff were also fans of 80s cartoons.

Last episode reminded me a lot of the Transformers episode "five faces of darkness", were Rodimus went back in time, inside the Matrix, to learn more about their history.

OMG! Tigersharks!! I had completely 100% forgotten about that series. Not only that, youtubing I remembered the other three shows that went with it.

So when can I expect to see a “dragonstein” on thundercats?

Yeah the creators seem to be big fans of alot of pop material. Panthro looks like Jet Black from Cowboy Bebop, and Grune's fall was very reminiscent of Star wars. The music even had the same epic feel to it as well. I love this cartoon so far.

I do not remember tigersharks cartoon at all. Strange I watched every cartoon, or so I thought, as a kid. I mean I loved Jayce and the Wheeled warriors, Inhumanoids, Bionic 6, Silver hawks, C.O.P.S, Mask and many more. But I just watched the Tigershark intro and im drawing a blank.

I do not remember tigersharks cartoon at all. Strange I watched every cartoon, or so I thought, as a kid. I mean I loved Jayce and the Wheeled warriors, Inhumanoids, Bionic 6, Silver hawks, C.O.P.S, Mask and many more. But I just watched the Tigershark intro and im drawing a blank.

That's because it was very short-lived like the rest of The Comic Strip. Compared to Thundercats and SilverHawks, Tigersharks had a very shallow plot and characters that are just not memorable.

This episode world builds Third Earth.

For one thing Thunderan money was used beyond its borders. Meaning it didn't just conquer but trade outside.

I think I saw a cat in the crowd. So Cats aren't isolated in the kingdom of Thundera.

There are more species than Mumm-Ra's slaves. The swordsman town looks like a fine place to start a adventure party. Potential allies even if they weren't Mumm-Ra's animals.

Edited by RedWolf

I got to say, love this series a good friend of mine wrote Episode 4 so I saw it WAY back in black and white before I'd even seen episode one and it was still amazing. I think I still have the AVI on my PC, might upload it for you guys when my download refreshes if you guys would like to see it. But its easily the best cartoon I have seen in nearly 20 years. Which is the better half of most of cognoscente life.

I have one big issue though and I'd like to know what you guys think about Tigra. I feel like his original (the Blue Regal Gear in Omens) outfit looked much better on him. Its like in the space of one cut scene he went from "D-Do I eat the flashlight?" to "Check it out I'm a tech-marine" with no real believable transition. Well, I guess unless he saw his entire race die then just though "Forget the whip where are the explosives baby!"

But I would've liked to have at least seen that on screen.

Thoughts?

Edited by I_Fly_For_Firebomber

I got to say, love this series a good friend of mine wrote Episode 4 so I saw it WAY back in black and white before I'd even seen episode one and it was still amazing. I think I still have the AVI on my PC, might upload it for you guys when my download refreshes if you guys would like to see it. But its easily the best cartoon I have seen in nearly 20 years. Which is the better half of most of cognoscente life.

I have one big issue though and I'd like to know what you guys think about Tigra. I feel like his original (the Blue Regal Gear in Omens) outfit looked much better on him. Its like in the space of one cut scene he went from "D-Do I eat the flashlight?" to "Check it out I'm a tech-marine" with no real believable transition. Well, I guess unless he saw his entire race die then just though "Forget the whip where are the explosives baby!"

Thoughts?

I don't particularly remember the "D-Do I eat the flashlight?" part, but I do vaguely rmember him picking up the pistol during the fight in the palace, using it to make a big explosion, and basically saying "cool."

I didn't expect it to become his primary weapon and find it odd that he is pretty much exclusively using a ranged weapon while all the other Thundercats are using melee weapons. I sort of forgot he even had his trademark whip until the race to the top of the Tower of Omens.

Also: I think Episode 4 (the Petalars, right?) may have been my favorite of the series so far. Thank your friend for me.

Edited by jwasko

a good friend of mine wrote Episode 4
My favorite episode so far. And it was filler!

Thoughts?

I'm more curious to know why the older brother was born a tiger. Is their culture to be ruled only by lions? Is the type of cat they are merely left to chance? Or are Tigra and Lion-O only half-brothers?

Incidentally, I'm sure I've seen him still use the whip. You're right about him embracing technology quickly. It seems to have become his "thing".

I am really digging this new Thundercats show. I told my wife I strongly felt the pilot was one of the best pilots we've been graced with for a long time. It was very tight, well shot, great characters, the pacing was excellent. It's a great time to be a thundercars fan!

Makes me excited for the Voltron re-launch.

Huge difference in quality there.

No, I have not seen any print nor media about the new Voltron. Just read "there is a Voltron reboot coming." That's all I know.

I doubt it would be the quality of the new T-cats. That show is in a class all in it's own right now. But still excited about seeing Voltron. (hoping for the best, fearing the worst). More out of nostalgia than anything else.

Back to T-Cats, the amazing thing to me, as a writer, is the spectrum of demographic writing with this show. The new Thundercats literally can appeal to adults who were fans of the original, who want more intelligent character driven stories. On the other side of that spectrum, it appeals to the kids with the antics of the brother and sister, and Snarf (who is toned down a lot from the original series, thank God). Many shows dance around this idea and fail miserably. The great thing about Thundercats is that is DOES this successfully WITHOUT overdoses of either that will lose the other demographic all together. In other words, adults and kids can both watch this show and enjoy the hell out of it. Pure brilliance. B))

Edited by ae_productions

No, I have not seen any print nor media about the new Voltron. Just read "there is a Voltron reboot coming." That's all I know.

I doubt it would be the quality of the new T-cats. That show is in a class all in it's own right now. But still excited about seeing Voltron. (hoping for the best, fearing the worst). More out of nostalgia than anything else.

Back to T-Cats, the amazing thing to me, as a writer, is the spectrum of demographic writing with this show. The new Thundercats literally can appeal to adults who were fans of the original, who want more intelligent character driven stories. On the other side of that spectrum, it appeals to the kids with the antics of the brother and sister, and Snarf (who is toned down a lot from the original series, thank God). Many shows dance around this idea and fail miserably. The great thing about Thundercats is that is DOES this successfully WITHOUT overdoses of either that will lose the other demographic all together. In other words, adults and kids can both watch this show and enjoy the hell out of it. Pure brilliance. B))

All I can say about Voltron Force...

Let me quote Bart Simpson on this one...

"This show both sucks and blows."

Good lord, is the new Thundercats getting better and better. Lion-O is very nimble.

I'm guessing Cheetara's wondering how good he is in the sack B)) .