Not going there. I could never understand the popularity of Thundercats. Preferred Silverhawks anyway. Same animation company stable I think. Neither show was too great.

BRING BACK CENTURIONS!!!!

leotards for leopards!

I think anime fits the Thundercats more. The beginning sequence of the 80s cartoon was obviously done by Japanese animators and was pretty badass.

Yes it was. It was animated by Topcraft, the members of which went on to form Ghibli.

The old opening with the kick-ass animation and song was awesome. The rest of the show wasn't so great.

Man, I was into just about every cartoon and toyline in the 80's (even crap like Bionic Six, Silverhawks, Sectaurs and Visionaries) but I never got into Thundercats. Never watched the cartoon, never wanted the figures. Not really sure why. I'm glad it's getting a reboot finally though, a lot of people have been waiting for this for a very long time.

The thing I liked about Thundercats was that they actually used their weapons, vs... other cartoons that used their swords as blasters. Plus, it wasn't all stock animation. Thundercats actually animated each episode and would go to different locations. That and Mumm-Ra was a cool character. A twist with the fact that the bad guy was the one that had a secret identity.

I hope that they don't include those freaking P.S.A.s at the end of each episode like they did during the series' original run.

THAT WAS THE BEST FRAKKING PART!!!! DON'T DO DRUGS, MAN!!!!!!

TAKSFRAKKINGRAVEN

There was NOTHING good about this show in the first place.

Let me cite the stupidity:

- Cat like people

- Living on an entier planet with 7 of them, and 5 or 6 other intelligent beings... and they fight.

- Snarf

- are they in cat suits? or are they naked?

- Mumra's only desire is to destroy the only visitors his planet has ever had.

- why the hell is mumra so angry?

- A sword that grows and has a built in bat signal... to signal the hoards he commands. (like 4 other males and a female)

- the names of the characters.

The only reason this crap was watched back in the day was because it came after GIJoe and kids had nothing better to do.

awesome! :)

EDIT - so... it's gonna be shown on Cartoon Network... hmmm... i really hope it doesn't end up looking like this... :p

Well the 2007 version doesn't look back but the original looks like Tim Curry from that Rocky Horror show movie. Wasn't there a live action movie in 83 with that famous Polish actress and sound track was by David Bowie.

Hmmm..Bandai America is making the line...so I'm thinking we'll get toys like Ben 10, that kind of thing. They aren't known for making toys that appeal to guys like us. Now if Bandai Japan engineered and made the line with Bandai America distributing it, THEN that's another story but yeah I doubt we are going to get anything that appeals to us.

Seems like it might be pretty cool. I'd like to see Wheeled Warriors make a comeback, but I don't think too many people remember that one.

I played golf the other day with a guy named "Jayce" and I thought about asking him about the old cartoon that starred a guy by that name. Is that the show you're referring to?