Mospeada Mars Gallant H-90

Okay the next new project that Thor and I will be attempting will be the Gallant H-90 sidearm from MOSPEADA. I have always thought the weapon was very cool and it turns out Thor does too. So we will be making the Gallant complete with interchangeable parts. (barrel extension, rifle stock etc.) I have attached the preliminary CAD drawing I have done and will be posting my progress as this replica is being made. Thor will be doing some #D renderings so that we can get the parts to fit together right so watch for those too.

Any suggestions, comments are also welcomed.

post-7782-127549909537_thumb.jpg

Edited by azrael

Looks like a good start. :)

1/1 scale replicas arn't really my thing but I'm sure it will look awesome all painted up etc. B))

It's not everyone's cup of tea, But I've always thought the design was cool and since I was a kid I've always wanted one. I know I'm not the only one, but I figured it would still be a cool project. I am still debating on whether or not to make this a static prop or add lights and sounds.

Edited by tundrayeti

I've never bought a resin 1:1 gun... Is it goin to feel like a real gun or an airsoft? Or is is going to feel more like a resin model kit? Just wondering cuz Gallant would be awesome if you can handle it like an actual gun. Good luck with your project!

Very cool, would be awesome if you could make it into an airsoft kit, build it around the reciever of an airsoft AEG, work the mag into the feed system and actually fire it with the sound effects, that would be epic cool, kind of like the shirow gun kits people make to mod airsoft guns with.

Thanks for the input everyone. Perhaps this will answer some of those questions. My plan is to do the mockup out of PVC and aluminum. I have to hollow out the design to make room for electronics. I wasn't planning on adding airsoft type mechanisms. I would like it to have heft and weight to feel more like a real weapon. I was going to use an led in the barrel to simulate the energy discharge. Since the weapon is modular, I will have to figure out a way to connect some of the electronics, yet still have the pistol operate independently. I don't plan on resin casting anything, but if there is interest in this on a larger scale, I may consider casting some parts, but not all, if anything to keep costs lower. I will be doing some quick layouts this weekend and hope to have pictures soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it took a while but my company had me out in Texas for a week so I didn't get to post these. Here is my initial mock-up of the H-90 the one cutout is to gauge the internal structure for electronics, etc. I have some pretty big paws, but i can still hold the weapon fairly easily. Next step will be to actually make this full thickness. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

post-7782-127680697644_thumb.jpg

post-7782-127680700359_thumb.jpg

SWEEEEEEET!!!!! B)) Hope you enjoyed TX, I like it! (minus the heat and humidity) :p

I was in San Antonio and all it did was rain the whole week. I've been there many times and I love it but that week was miserable because of the humidity. Thanks for your input.

You must have HUGE Paws because the gun looks really freakin tiny! Are you working off Japanese specs and trying to reamin faithful to lineart measurement?

I am working off the Japanese specs, In fact I used the lineart to help me get the initial shape for the CAD drawing. I will admit that i Teaked it slightly to accommodate the hand better (okay at least enough to fit mine in. I am posting a Cad pic with some dimensions, and from what I have researched, this should be correct. The problem I have found with the Gallant is that when you watch the show, it always looks so different every time you see it. That makes it Very difficult to come up with an accurate replica. When I watched the show, It appears that the barrel extension for the Gallant is the same width as the weapon, but according to the lineart, the barrel is about 2 inches in diameter. That would make the gallant a very thick weapon and extremely cumbersome to use. I'm going to take a little creative license here and try to make it as close to the lineart as possible, but at the same time make it as practical as possible. I am also attaching the lineart drawing that I used.

post-7782-127686034085_thumb.jpg

post-7782-127686042127_thumb.jpg

I think you have a little leeway on the sizes, I may be remembering incorrectly, but doesn't it anime magic perfect fit the user in either civilian or armored mode?

That's so true. I figure that when I am done, this will be a fair approximation of the Gallant. Watching the show did kinda drive me a little batty with all the variation.

post-1010-12769559479_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the bad resolution...

That's Okay Akim Thanks for the lineart!

okay here's an update. started on the full blown mockup, got the middle section with all the cutouts. I'm adding in a cutout for the "clip" so here's some photos of the cutout section and the side that will enclose it so i can add electronics etc. i will be doing a bit of sanding to smooth out the contours in the handle and the middle column parts. I will cut out the outer shell and the "barrel" parts next.

post-7782-12776900637_thumb.jpg

post-7782-127769009347_thumb.jpg

post-7782-127769012383_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone. This project is still kicking, I had to go out of town for work. Been travelling for 3 out of the last 4 weeks so I have been unable to work on the Gallant. I did spend a few hours this weekend and I will be posting updates soon. Thanks.

• 2 years later...

Do Inbit Troopers really stop and turn around when you click it on?

This is SWEET - Nice work...

Ha! x 2

Just imagine turning this one and EVERYONE stopping and turning around with red glowing eyes....RUUUUUUUUUN!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Greetings to All!

Larry A. Mager here. IN answer to Exo, Depending on how dense the resin castings are, any weapon can be ultra light ( and fragile) or unearthly heavy. I have held very light Phaser rifles w/ electronics and 10 lb solid cast Phaser rifles. What would be really nice, would be a pistol frame made of heavy gauge aluminum. I don't expect one anytime soon. Back in the late 70's when I was 20 something, a fellow named ( I kid You Not) James T. Kirk put out a Phaser 2 that was aluminum and it would take A LOT of abuse.....I never should have sold it. Any way, I am very impressed with the work being done on the H-90. I'd really like to see photos of the painted version and a little more info on the electronics.

Hope to hear from You all soon,

Cheers,

Larry A. Mager Larrymager@yahoo.com