1/48 Fast Packs

RainBot

So I got my two fast pack sets for my Roy and Max. They rock.

I shoved in my DVD of DYRL and rewatched the scene where Max rips apart a Zentraedi fellow, and... the fast packs are blue!

Blue, I tells ya!

I did a search here for Fast packs and colours, and came up with nothing.

Hikaru's fast packs from the 1/55 strike are a slightly darker green.

Odd....

What do you guys think?

Is my DVD showing me weird colours off (I have the "Hong Kong" edition of the DVD, so it is not up to the specs of the brilliant R2 20th anniversary edition due out next year....)?

I also noted that there is a rerelease of the 1S Roy due out with fast packs, and the 1J set... I wonder if they will have similar colours.

The TV fast packs were a sickly light blue (as depicted in the 1/55 Bandai rerelease).

Rain

I also noted that there is a rerelease of the 1S Roy due out with fast packs, and the 1J set... I wonder if they will have similar colours.

If you're referring to the Yamato 1/48 Valks, there is a VF-1S Roy and VF-1A Hikaru reissue, but neither come with FAST packs. The VF-1J Hikaru is being released with and without FAST packs.

Quick answer, the 1/48ths (aside from the upcoming tv style Hikaru 1J, which comes with the light blue-grey tv style FAST packs) do not come with the FAST packs, you have to buy them seperately.

The 'DYRL?' style FAST packs are a really dark blue. They look really nice, in some pictures you might find online they look like a bright, saturated blue, this is not the case. They're dark, pretty much how they look in the movie.

The 'DYRL?' style FAST packs are a really dark blue. They look really nice, in some pictures you might find online they look like a bright, saturated blue, this is not the case. They're dark, pretty much how they look in the movie.

I'd describe it as a grayish-green blue...but blue is the most prominent pigmentation.

Thanks for your replies.

So my next question is.... why did Yamato colour the fast packs green?

I might colour my Max a dark blue if I can handle it. We shall see.

Does anyone have pics of the 1J with TV coloured fast packs?

I am also being told by a local store that the 1J has fast pack armour that will only fit the 1J and not other 1/48s.

Is this so?

Thanks!

Thanks for your replies.

So my next question is.... why did Yamato colour the fast packs green?

I might colour my Max a dark blue if I can handle it. We shall see.

Does anyone have pics of the 1J with TV coloured fast packs?

I am also being told by a local store that the 1J has fast pack armour that will only fit the 1J and not other 1/48s.

Is this so?

Thanks!

Yamato's fast packs are dark blue just like you see them on the screen, they never painted any of their fast packs green. :ph34r:

Is this so?

Thanks!

I don't see why the VF-1J armor wouldn't be compatible with the other 1/48's since I think the attachment points would be the same. The arm armor is slightly different, but I think it still attaches the same way as the current arm armor.

Is this so?

I know of some low-vis owners who will be very upset if this is true. I think it would be a crappy move on Yamato's part and I can't imagine why they would do that. Where is this store getting their information and what did they give for the reason? Maybe Graham can clear this one up.

As for pics of the VF-1J w/ FAST packs, I can't seem to find any. There used to be plenty floatin' around. I got this one from Valkyrie-Exchange:

y148vf1j_proto.jpg

Edited by Draykov

Hmmmm.....................smell the BS.

I have tried the VF-1J Super FPs on a Focker VF-1S and they fit perfectly. So yes, they do fit on all 1/48s.

Also, the FPs that come with the VF-1J are a slightly lighter shade of blue than the DYRL FPs. They are not green.

The only parts that are different between the two styles of FP are the arm packs, which are TV style, but will fit on all 1/48s.

Graham

I have tried the VF-1J Super FPs on a Focker VF-1S and they fit perfectly. So yes, they do fit on all 1/48s.

Also, the FPs that come with the VF-1J are a slightly lighter shade of blue than the DYRL FPs. They are not green.

The only parts that are different between the two styles of FP are the arm packs, which are TV style, but will fit on all 1/48s.

Graham

Wow. That was quick. I must be on Hong Kong time. Thanks, Graham!

:unsure: all you people and your "these fastpacks are sooooooo green!" talk. I just don't see it. I mean of course pictures on the web are not gonna' have correct colors, if you look at them and say, "this picture has perfect colors (never mind the fact that the same picture has different colors when displayed on two separate monitors)" and then you hold your fastpack up (by the way, unless all the light in your room is blue-white flourescents, your fastpacks are being displayed in yellow light. Yellow and blue make green) to the monitor and compare it to a compressed, image on the web or the T.V. screen (both of which generate their own blue-white light) and you say.... heeeeeeeey, I'm so observant, compared to this picture, these fastpacks are green. Stupid yamato! i sure do love to hate them. i am a true fanboy! complain complain complain bitch bitch bitch moan moan moan etc.... etc.... etc..... :huh: Edited by DrClay

Graham

What?

Graham you got your 1/48 VF-1J with Super Fps? Was that is pre-production sample or is it readily available in the local toy market in Hong Kong. If you have received yours, would you kindly do a preview/write up on the VF-1J/Fps if you have the time? Thanks for your time and assistance.

Cheers

Graham

What?

Graham you got your 1/48 VF-1J with Super Fps? Was that is pre-production sample or is it readily available in the local toy market in Hong Kong. If you have received yours, would you kindly do a preview/write up on the VF-1J/Fps if you have the time? Thanks for your time and assistance.

Cheers

Yeah!. Also a VF-1S Hikaru Review... :rolleyes:

:lol:

Graham

LOL!

Don't you guys just hate Sithlord Graham at times?

:D:D:D:D:D

see the pic posted from the other thread..took it to paste here... does that solved the mystery? i dono..i am still unsure what the color is..is it a new shade? or is it the same as before?...any insights?

Macross%20VF-1JSV_02.jpg

and for comparison from the same seller...looks the same to me? ..hmmm...

Macross%20VF%20Parts_01.jpg

Edited by Coedes

Errrmmm..The color of the TV Fps...hmm...what can i say that its a mix of blue, grey and green combined into one. I would say its a a lighter shade then the DYRL Fps, but it looks good. The DYRL Fps are also a Blueish green effect but more blue then green. Ultimately Lighting plays an important part to how your Fps will appear, i prefer to look at them under natural light or white spot lights...brings our the colors in the toys.

Cheers

Edited by recon

How about no colour at all?

It looks like Dengeki has some special mail order stuff for transparent fast pack covers.

source: http://www.visualmedia.com.hk/cgi-bin/news...tem=84942&utag=

Oh no, thats something interested. Transparents Fps..enable one to see the interior without removing or exposing the internals mechanisms or parts. Great, if they are released i might just pick up one set.

Hmmm the DRYL 1/1 helmet...i trying hard to resist it....again its the ultimate collection. One question though, would the shoulder pads and backpack be included together with the helmet as a package. I will think long and hard about getting the helmet, afterall its my whole month pay...sheesh... ;):p

Cheers

:unsure: all you people and your "these fastpacks are sooooooo green!" talk. I just don't see it. I mean of course pictures on the web are not gonna' have correct colors, if you look at them and say, "this picture has perfect colors (never mind the fact that the same picture has different colors when displayed on two separate monitors)" and then you hold your fastpack up (by the way, unless all the light in your room is blue-white flourescents, your fastpacks are being displayed in yellow light. Yellow and blue make green) to the monitor and compare it to a compressed, image on the web or the T.V. screen (both of which generate their own blue-white light) and you say.... heeeeeeeey, I'm so observant, compared to this picture, these fastpacks are green. Stupid yamato! i sure do love to hate them. i am a true fanboy! complain complain complain bitch bitch bitch moan moan moan etc.... etc.... etc..... :huh:

Well, you just shut my mouth. How can I possibly compare to the brillance that is your post. I bow to you, curtsey and plant a big smackin' kiss on your mug, ya silly.

Of course, I am referring to the two fastpack sets that I have (one of which is on a blue Max 1a, by the by), and not to colour photos on the net.

And you are very correct:I'm looking at these fast packs under yellow-hued light. Funny that, living in a star system with a yellow sun makes everything appear somewhat yellow. That's a relief, 'cause I thought I was getting a little jaundiced there for a second until I read your post. I have also stopped brushing my teeth, as it is the sun, and not my oral hygene that is the culprit.

"compare it to a compressed, image on the web or the T.V. screen (both of which generate their own blue-white light) " Yes... I noticed that in every TV show, everything has a bluish tint to it. I examined my tv set and then took it in for repair. The technician adjusted the RGB control, but that only made things greener. Odd that my TV was nowhere near the other side of anyone's fence.

I guess I will have to write a letter to the folks who make TV shows that they better watch out what they colour their props and costumes, 'cause the TVs people own will distort their creative works with blue-hued images. That explains why my THX setup screen doesn't work properly.

And it explains why the people on TV can't see me, because, the way my brain sees it, if their hue is different to me, maybe my brightness is different to them... and I have to turn it up somehow so they can see me warn them when trouble brews...

:lol:

Heh.

Anyway, that was fun.

Seriously, though, I wasn;t complaining. I just noticed a difference. And the strong greenish tint (making them look a dark teal) is pleasing to my bulbous, jiggling eyes. I was just surprisd that Yamato made such a difference in their rendition of the fast packs, when the colouring is obviously blue in the material it was based on. I personally prefer the greenish tint on the 1S. However, I remember the box of the Arii kit of the 1A MAx Special with the Strike cannon, and wanting a toy with blue fast packs. I may still do that, if I have the guts to paint it.

Graham: I figured that the store was BSing me. Their motto is "We rip you off for less"... I don't care, though, as I ordered a 1J with the fast packs. I probably won't use them, though.

But I am still wondering why Yamato chose that colour scheme?

Ah well. Back to cos-playing and trying to get a date with Whaler Moon....

Rain

DrClay sure is an idiot!

well I'm sorry if you thought that was a personal attack. what I meant was: I AM SICK OF EVEYONE CONSTANTLY BITCHIN' (especially about Yamato) I'm sure you actually have some fast packs, and I'm sure that compared to the prototype pics from before when they came out the are a different hue. But people here on MW go on for pages and pages anylizing photos on the web and arguing about the EXACT color (just look at the post about the TV fastpacks) when there is absolutely no possible way for them to know the actual color of the item photographed until they get one themselves.... then they say something to the effect of, "I oughtta sue Yamato for false advertising. They put out some photos of a blue toy on the web and When I got one, it turned out to be.... well, blue.... but not quite the same color of blue as I had imagined." :rolleyes: and yes, your TV and computer monitor radiate blue light... just turn off all the lights in a room except for the TV and look all around and you'll notice that no matter what image is on the screen, the room is bathed in blue light. You might also notice that when looking at amatuer photos that were taken indoors without a flash, everything does have a yellow hue due to the yellow light in the photo and the yellow light on the photo and were you to see someone in real life looking like they do in such photos you would infact deem them to be jaundiced. that's why flashes on cameras are blue. take a photo of something blue using flash photography and then compare the pic side by side with the original. by comparison, the original will look the ittiest bit green. sure, the fast packs are not as blue as the stripe on max's valk, but they are not as green as, say.... anything green. but I'm going on and on, <_< the point is those fast packs are blue, BLUE I tells ya'!!

BTW,

They are not green.

apparently Graham agrees with me, so neener neener! :p

P.S. I know Graham was talking about the TV pack in that quote, I'm just joking around.

Edited by DrClay