Official MacrossWorld Convention 2010 Information Thread

BTW Do I have to register? What is the benefit of registering again?

Registering helps us plan the event out better. If we get a good idea of how many to expect then we can make sure that we have enough space for both people and displays.

Also, if you register and sign in then you are automatically entered into certain raffles.

Hey everyone!

Sorry I've been incognito the past few weeks but as the final two weeks come down, we have a lot of planning to finish! Later, I will be posting a special raffle to all mw members for a special launch ceremony poster signed by tenpin himself. In addition, I will be posting special exclusive items from mari for auction or raffle.

I want to thank Save and otaku2.com as well as Tokyo-hunter.com for their amazing contributions to the con this year! They are really helping make this con special. I will sending info emails to all registrants later this week.

Hopefully, big kid will post a complete schedule of all the weekends events so people can see when to come. See u in 2 weeks!

Apologies for the tshirt mix up since i didn't update the registration page. but $25 for this awesome tshirt is still definitely worth it! We've never attempted a mwcon tshirt with such a unique design and so many colors!

Check out this year's Opportunity drawing for a chance to win an autographed Tenjin Hidetaka poster!

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=33914

i have a question about Macross Convention on October 9-10. Wil Mari Iijima-Chan be signing and Performing on Sunday October 10th? also what time will Mari Iijima be performing? also will there be Exhibit hall? i live roughly 2 Hours from UCLA so im just trying to get as much info about Macrossworld as possible so i know how to plan my Stay at the Con! I Registered an hour ago, do i print out the Confermation E-mail when and if i get one? if i do not recieive one in my E-mail and i show up at macross Con will i be turned away at Door? sorry for all questions. with me finding out bout Macross Con 1 week before it starts i want to make sure i have everything in order! Thank You.

Here is the preliminary schedule for the con this year.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

12:00pm - Convention Starts and doors open

12:45pm - Early attendee Raffle drawing

1:00pm - Video Game Tournaments (Street Fighter 4, Macross Valkyrie Scramble contest)

2:00pm - Toy Panel Discussion

3:00pm - Macross Live Art Contest

4:00pm - Live Music by Booby Trap (Live Band!) Few Macross songs plus more anime favorites!

5:00pm - Open mic Karaoke and practice

5:30pm - MW Con 2010 Group Photo

6:00pm - 2nd annual Macross Karaoke Contest!

8:00pm - Convention Ends

Sunday, October 10, 2010

11:00am - Convention Starts and doors open

11:30am - Video game contests (PS1 DYRL)

11:30am - Macross Frontier the MOVIE special screening

11:45am - Early attendee Raffle Drawing

12:00pm - Cosplay Contest

1:00pm - Mari Iijima Concert and Autograph Session

2:30pm - Tommy Yune Photoshop Anime Workshop

3:30pm - 1/55 Chunky Money Transformation Contest

4:00pm - MW Con 2010 Group Photo

4:30pm - Customs Contest Judging

6:00pm - Convention Ends

Edited by KiriK

If the date line is nothing to do miracles, speaking on the same day in Japan, digital creators, "

Shoji Kawamori" will be held occupation of the animation director.

What's going to do a live satellite Mari Iijima sponsored by chance, Inc.?

Macross World Forums> Shoji Kawamori Dejitarukurieita Talk "occupation of a director of

Edited by Mari-ja

i have a question about Macross Convention on October 9-10. Wil Mari Iijima-Chan be signing and Performing on Sunday October 10th? also what time will Mari Iijima be performing? also will there be Exhibit hall? i live roughly 2 Hours from UCLA so im just trying to get as much info about Macrossworld as possible so i know how to plan my Stay at the Con! I Registered an hour ago, do i print out the Confermation E-mail when and if i get one? if i do not recieive one in my E-mail and i show up at macross Con will i be turned away at Door? sorry for all questions. with me finding out bout Macross Con 1 week before it starts i want to make sure i have everything in order! Thank You.

You wont be turned away, this is a bigger venue and MWCon is a small convention put together by fans. There won't be anything for sale per UCLA rules.

Question about the customs. I know we will be displaying them both Saturday and Sunday. We are not leaving them there over night are we? Reason I ask is because there might be a chance I won't stay there the whole time for one of those days. So what do we do?

Thank you for the Information! i have one last question.

for the Mari Iijima Performance are (camera's & Recording) ok?

i have been to Alot of Japanese/Korean Concerts/Performances and every show (Varies) on whether or not the Artists/Management wants to have Video or Pictures taken of them.

could i bring something for mari iijima to sign and will there be a charge? you should probably post the schedule on the first page along with a map within ucla. thanks.

Edited by sh002

THIS JUST IN! As you know, the Macross Frontier movie comes out in Japan on DVD and Blu-ray on October 7th and we will be receiving a Blu-ray copy to screen the Macross Frontier Movie on Sunday, October 10th at 11:30am!

IF there's a reason you can't come to the con this weekend, you better find a way there!

Edited by >EXO<

I received a notification from Mari and she is offering to MW Con 2010 attendees a special 2011 Mari Iijima Calendar as well as her Lorna Doone Soundtrack! Both items are only available through pre-order only so please email me if you would like to purchase either. Also, if you would still like to pre-order one of Mari's CD's "Echo" or "Uncompromising Innocence" email as well so I can send you information on payment! Preorders will close by Friday at 9pm PST.

$15 - Mari Iijima Desktop Calendar

$10 - Mari's Lorna Doone Soundtrack

$20 - Mari's CD "Echo"

$20 - Mari's CD "Uncompromising Innocence"

If you would like to order any of the above items, email me at MacrossWorldConvention@gmail.com with your name and items you would like to purchase and i will send you information on payment via PAYPAL only.

If you purchase any items, you will have VIP access to the autograph session and will be 1st in line to have your items signed.

Mari2011DesktopCalendar.jpg

Question about the customs. I know we will be displaying them both Saturday and Sunday. We are not leaving them there over night are we? Reason I ask is because there might be a chance I won't stay there the whole time for one of those days. So what do we do?

We will have security volunteers during the convention watching the displays during the hours of the con. From Saturday to sunday, we will be moving some of the displays into an adjacent room to be locked over night. Just to be safe, if you plan on attending both days, i would suggest taking your customs back with you on Saturday and bringing it back on Sunday.

are we allowed to take Pictures/Video of Mari Iijima Performance? i just dont want to bring my cam and be turned away saying no pictures/video allowed and have to return it to my car... (it has happend before to me)

Good question. You are allowed to take Photographs ONLY during the performance with no flash! No videography by attendees will be allowed. We will have only 1 official videography crew recording the event and will release it to the public if approved by Mari.

Thanks

Hello All!

Looking forward to spinning some great Anime vinyl records throughout the day this year for Macross Con 10! I picked up a lot of great records this year including many Mari Iijima and Kumi Miyasato solo records ( sadly another package from Japan with a lot of great records will not arrive in time for this weekend).

Also if anybody wants to sell me an unbuilt boxed Arii 1/100 Spartan model kit out of your trunk in the parking lot for a reasonable price ($10-$20) please bring it!

I've never seen Mari Live so I'm looking forward to the concert and give her my respect!

Leonardo Flores

Modcineaste.com

Collectiondx.com

Edited by modcineaste