TOYS FAQ - The New Noobie questions thread

EXO

Hi everyone new to the site! I just bought a Arcadia 1/60 Roy Focker and found this site.Do we have a 1/60 pic thread going on around here? Can’t seem to find it. Someone post a link! Thanks in advance

Edited by Bing0

9 minutes ago, Bing0 said:

Hi everyone new to the site! I just bought a Arcadia 1/60 Roy Fokker and found this site.Do we have a 1/60 pic thread going on around here? Can’t seem to find it. Someone post a link! Thanks in advance

Welcome to MacrossWorld! And congrats on your Focker Valkyrie. :good:

We do have various thread for it. And since you didn't include which Focker ride you have, I'm putting this various links.

1 hour ago, Bing0 said:

Thanks for the links! Do we have a 1/60 pic thread for all brands and models combined? Not just specific ones. I need some motivation to buy some more :)

Motivation you say? Browse our own @Saburo's Flckr album. ^_^

https://www.flickr.com/photos/projektzerothree/albums

Here's the our own photo thread of various scales under the Toy section:

Hey fellas new new member here, not sure if I’m posting in the right area but I’m trying to get my new hi-metal elintseeker to fighter mode but I can’t get the  cockpit to seat flush even with the “hinge” connected. Help please.. been trying for the last hour but can’t seem to figure it out. Thanks :)

5BCC40B1-6EA2-4385-A94E-96D9CDB72C56.jpeg

Answered, going to live with it

Edited by Bing0

• 1 month later...

Hey guys. Do the Gallia IV parts fit on both V1 & V2 VF-25 DX's? Particularly the fold booster. Or we're there a separate release for the renewal VF-25's? Also, I noticed the YF-25 Prophecy doesn't have holes for the booster mount . Does it not work on the YF-25? Thanks.

Edited by Bolt

7 hours ago, Bolt said:

Hey guys. Do the Gallia IV parts fit on both V1 & V2 VF-25 DX's? Particularly the fold booster. Or we're there a separate release for the renewal VF-25's? Also, I noticed the YF-25 Prophecy doesn't have holes for the booster mount . Does it not work on the YF-25? Thanks.

Speakers fit. Will check later on when I get home about the booster.

Edit: Feels like Deja vu. Didn't you have a set on a cannon fodder VF-25 with supers? Jaustin89 made an adapter for the renewals I believe.

Found it!

Jaustin89's adqapter thread 

Edited by wmkjr

3 hours ago, Bolt said:

Yes. But my main question was for the YF-25. It doesn't have slots or holes.  It would probably need yet another adapter style.

Thanks mate!

I think it depends if you're gonna use it with or without the supers. This one is made for no supers as it uses the 2 holes for the back plate instead of the front ones and doesn't have the holes for the missile pods.  This one includes the shoulder plates and the holes for the missile pods and uses the front holes.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, aurance said:

How do gun pods go from fighter to hands? Magnets? Magic?

In space, prolly just eject and grab via manipulator-controls.   No air in space to offer resistance.

In earth atmospheric conditions, anime magic like below...

:bump:

Edited by treatment

• 2 months later...

The release and grab Gunpod I will understand. That transformation sequence from MZero is so classic but still leave me scratching my head every time I see that 'thin' metal that swivels the intake to the nosecone. Hehehe. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this is a newbie question, but it's also not worth its own thread. Does anyone know of a good stand in for some hands for the old Yamato 1/48 Valks? I know there was someone on here wayyyyy back that did castings of DYRL hands, which would be an ideal kind of thing. I haven't been able to find anything on Shapeways and I've looked through option parts for model kits too without much luck. Similarly, I know actual side covers exist and I saw that someone was working on getting them on Shapeways, but it looks like that didn't materialize. I could be just missing where they wound up.

• 2 months later...
On 7/24/2020 at 4:42 PM, kaiotheforsaken said:

Not sure if this is a newbie question, but it's also not worth its own thread. Does anyone know of a good stand in for some hands for the old Yamato 1/48 Valks? I know there was someone on here wayyyyy back that did castings of DYRL hands, which would be an ideal kind of thing. I haven't been able to find anything on Shapeways and I've looked through option parts for model kits too without much luck. Similarly, I know actual side covers exist and I saw that someone was working on getting them on Shapeways, but it looks like that didn't materialize. I could be just missing where they wound up.

Not sure if this is 100% compatible. But if it's just a stand-in, maybe you want to look into these Gundam hands:
https://www.ebay.com/i/293689808457

g-system_1-60_hands_01.thumb.jpg.2bd47feebb2db5a508bf2e5be1f2cabd.jpg

g-system_1-60_hands_02.thumb.jpg.ae0f02323edbc7ef0861f297f21fe8eb.jpg

g-system_1-60_hands_03.thumb.jpg.30dc5e11f6afc4e1e985a50197f6e5fd.jpg

hello macross world friends. I am "new" in this forum (actually, I signed up in August of last year but, I have not participated since then) and I would like to ask the following, does anyone know of a painting that is as close as possible to the "grey white" of the yamato figures (1/60 2.0 and 1/48 movie ver)? Well, I have some spare parts that I need to paint and I still can't find a specific type of paint that can resemble as much as possible the matte color of the white Yamato plastics.

thanks for your answers.

Edited by Elkan_013

Did Yamato ever release the standalone GBP accessory without the 1 stamped on the chest? I suspect they did, because I know they reissued the GBP+VF-1J without the "1" and would assume they did the standalone GBP at the same time, but would like to confirm. Also, if you own one that came without the one stamped on it, could you tell me what the UPC is on the box?

• 2 weeks later...

Oh boy, now I have a dumb question. I opened up a bunch of GBP + VF-1J toys and had a blast playing with them... but now I need to put them away and I don't know which trays go with which release (the colored interior cardboard). I have two blue trays that say "1/60 scale VF-1J armored valkyrie" and one red one. Smart money would probably say that the Yamato toy has the red tray and the two Arcadia trays use the same blue tray with the writing. Can anyone confirm? If you can only confirm one tray, that'd still be helpful. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, obviously new here.  What are some opinions on the Bandai Hi Metal R toys?  I'm just getting back into this and it's been a long time since I've bought anything Macross.  I used to collect the Yamato stuff but now I'm seriously out of the loop.  I've picked up a few of the Bandai DX chogokin toys and they're pretty sweet.  I was just thinking of getting into the Hi Metal series.

34 minutes ago, Special Sauce said:

Hi, obviously new here.  What are some opinions on the Bandai Hi Metal R toys?  I'm just getting back into this and it's been a long time since I've bought anything Macross.  I used to collect the Yamato stuff but now I'm seriously out of the loop.  I've picked up a few of the Bandai DX chogokin toys and they're pretty sweet.  I was just thinking of getting into the Hi Metal series.

There is a whole thread below on the HMRs, but some quick notes on them:

1. The scale is roughly 1/90ish, so it will be smaller than likely many of the toys you've seen. That said, it is nice to have a set of toys in the same rough scale, including valks, destroids, and enemies.
2. The destroids and enemy mechs are the star of this show. The Monster is absolutely amazing, a solid and HUGE toy that is fun to play with. The Defender and Spartan are both nicely detailed toys. The Glaug and Regults are all beautifully sculpted and also a lot of fun. Unfortunately while we've been shown the Tomahawk, Phalanx, and Nos J, none of these have been released yet (languishing for a few years now).
3. The VF-1s are not perfect transformation, though this isn't a huge issue given their small size. You have to swap out the cockpit/heatshield and the landing gear are not integral, so using them requires popping out covers and replacing them with landing gear. That said, outside of swapping the cockpit out, the transformation is fairly easy and smooth, with lots of little pegs to hold things tightly if you get them all in.
4. They are addictive. I held off on getting into "one more scale" (having 1/48, 1/55, and 1/60 already). The Monster, not being available in a lot of toys, convinced me to give it a shot. I loved it, so I said "I'll get the other two destroids to go with it." And then I needed a Glaug. And a Regult. And the missile Regult set. And finally I said "I'll get that Messer Memorial vlak since it is a unique paint scheme I don't have otherwise." And now?

No photo description available.

May be an image of text that says 'Ceptics'

No photo description available.

@Special Sauce - Welcome! Glad you have found MW!  To get right to the point, the HM-R line is fantastic.  A lot of people here tend to agree the non-transforming mecha are the best of the line, but the Valks are no slouch either.  It is certainly the most complete in scale line of Macross made to date.  Although there are some notable holes in the line unfortunately.  I highly recommend checking out anymoon.com for @jenius's reviews of all things Macross. HM-R is an addictive line, everyone will agree on that!