TOYS FAQ - The New Noobie questions thread

EXO

In my opinion, anything that's as close to "how it originally was" is bound to be worth a bit more. I can't put a dollar or percentage figure on it, but I'd certainly be more inclined to purchase something that had all the stuff it originally came with, including the box. Or boxes, as the case may be.

So, for what it's worth, I keep all my Tamashi boxes. If nothing else, they keep the inner boxes from getting worn.

Edited by mickyg

There will always be subset of collectors willing to pay more for something that they consider makes an item "more" valuable....however, that group is small and it would take you longer to find that customer willing to pay you more for your inclusion of a "shipping" box during some future sale.

If you can keep the brown shipping boxes, I would advise you do so.

• 2 weeks later...

there seem to be lots of wheres my order on Animepoko's facebook page, and it seem they haven't done any main update for a couple of months..

Thanks F360! I was just browsing and these stores pop up. Want to try and buy something but they don't accept PayPal for now that's why I didn't order anything. But based on their main website, somehow they're into recent stuff and preorders. Haven't browsed their Facebook page yet. Anyways, thanks for the heads up. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,

I was looking through Amazon the other day, and found the 'Macross 30th Anniversary VF-1J Valkyrie' listed, and wanted to ask if this Amazon listing was for the 1/48 VF-1J model kit or the 1/48 VF-1J transformable figure (ie. ability to transform from plane to Gerwalk to Battroid)?

Link: http://www.amazon.com/anniversary-machine-Macross-Valkyrie-65824/dp/B00F32I4K8

It's probably the fighter mode only 1/48 model kit. I think only the 1/60 Arcadia release can transform. In fact, I think this one, the 1/72 kit, and the 1/60 Arcadia are the only 30th scheme releases.

Edited by wmkjr

Hey,

I was looking through Amazon the other day, and found the 'Macross 30th Anniversary VF-1J Valkyrie' listed, and wanted to ask if this Amazon listing was for the 1/48 VF-1J model kit or the 1/48 VF-1J transformable figure (ie. ability to transform from plane to Gerwalk to Battroid)?

Link: http://www.amazon.com/anniversary-machine-Macross-Valkyrie-65824/dp/B00F32I4K8

It's the 1/48 non-transformable kit. If you check the item title, on the bottom it says 'by Hasegawa'.

• 2 weeks later...

TV white.

here's comparison with 2008 VF-1J Super Parts release:

IMG_20150407_090247.jpg

Thanks for the reference, barurutor. Guess, I should have asked about this figure a long time ago before purchasing one. Now, it's on the way. And from what I'm seeing it's just a 'built' version of the 'unbuilt' kit. Though the promo pics is showing painted cockpit, canopy, and chest exhauset/intakes. Guess, it's a more challenge now to custom paint this. But I'm just glad that it's TV white since that white is what I'm aiming for. ;)

Thanks again, barurutor. :)

Edited by no3ljm

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah. From some weird reasons, everything is already aligned when I transformed it and that area still won't close properly. I guess, some parts somewhere there (underneath) is not properly screwed or properly aligned when it was built.

I used to own a whole bunch of old Yamato Macross VF-1 series toys, they're the ones with very heavy/metal legs, and they have to be detached in order to transform. Recently I saw a video online that shows a "renewed/improved" version of the VF-1s that feature a tainted cockpit glass, at 1/60 scale and much better improvements. Does anyone know the name of the renewal versions? Thanks!

They're called Version 2. Check Jenius review on his Anymoon page. Hope that helps.

And no offense on your post, but when you have some questions regarding old released toys it's better to post it on the FAQ Thread since there's a lot of VF-1 thread already on this forum instead of creating one. Even if for some reasons, the Search Bar doesn't help at all.

Mods, please do transfer or merge this post to the FAQ Thread. Thanks. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

• 2 weeks later...

I think it is from the VF-25F/G Tornado packs. They had built in adapters to help stabilize the toy in Gerwalk-Mode.

[edit:] Could also be the V1 pack but I'm fairly certain it is from the Tornado parts

Edited by Scyla

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't do kitsets, but have a couple Gundam and a Max Factory Dougram, and really like how easy and toy like they are. Are Macross ones like that too? Playable/transformable rather than static pose models? Interested in those 1/72 Wave ones.

Not really the patience to paint them...

AFAIK, the transformable VF-1 model kits are the recent Bandai 1/72 ones but they are quite fiddly and not really fun to play with based on reviews. The Hasegawa/Wave stuff looks nicer and is fixed mode (can't transform) but slightly more poseable(?).

The upcoming Tomytec Gimix line may be up your alley, they're pre-painted already.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=43003

Let's see if I can get myself up to speed since the last Valk I bought was the 1/48 25th anniversary VF-1S, last Macross item the 1/3000 SDF-1

from that time, Yamato became Arcadia, Arcadia released no 1/48's, but re-engineered the 1/60's to have perfect transformation

but since 2009 released no more 1st series Valks and basically ended the line and the only pace to find Valks today is NOS or used on Ebay

....am I correct in my assumptions?

Yamato did the re-engineered 1/60 VF-1 (commonly called version 2) in 2008 and released a whole bunch of variants and the destroids Tomahawk/Defender before it went out of business in 2013, not to mention the Macross Zero/Macross 7 valkyries as well.

anymoon.com has a pretty comprehensive v2 VF-1 list here (which also includes the Arcadia VF-1 releases):

http://anymoon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Arcadia-VF-1J-30th-12.jpg