TOYS FAQ - The New Noobie questions thread

EXO

Is the colour on the 30th anniversary edition VF-1J a brighter white than the previous VF-1J releases?

I would like to find a VF-1J release which the colour is similar to (or closely match), if not the same as, the movie version of VF-1S, 30th anniversary edition.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've got this weird twinge of want to buy a VF-0... What issues should I look out for (disintegrating biceps, etc.), what versions were better in terms of durability/QC, what's a fair price to pay for one now?

The VF-0S with the Ghost fighter bundle is generally the best as far as build quality. I'd cap your bids around $200 which is close to the MSRP. Since it's older than most Yamato it's not as miraculous in design like the later ones.

I have a very general question about toys and temperature. I've had toys delivered to me late in the afternoon on more than one occasion and the boxes have always felt warm to the touch. I'd like to know if there will be any specific long-term side-effect/defect that I should be aware of since I keep most of my toys unopened due to lack of display space.

I know you're supposed to keep toys in a cool, dry place but delivery times are not something I can control. :D

I'm planning to start on the Bandai DX Chogokin toys. I've read a few threads on particular models but can't get my head around the way they are sold.

Are they pre-order only because common retailers like ami-ami or HLJ never seem to have stock? If so, is there a cyclical release pattern or am I dependent on e-bay should I want a sold out model?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I would need some help.

Is USD$180 for a 25th Anniversay Vf-1s a good find?

I have not been buying Macross for many years and I'm unsure of the market rate nowadays.

Will appreciate any response! And the more the merrier so maybe I should not hesitate. =]

Hi guys, I would need some help.

Is USD$180 for a 25th Anniversay Vf-1s a good find?

I have not been buying Macross for many years and I'm unsure of the market rate nowadays.

Will appreciate any response! And the more the merrier so maybe I should not hesitate. =]

I would say you paid what it is worth.....both the Vf-1S and the YF-19 25th anniversary editions did not seem to be very popular....however, with the uncertainty of PT valks from Arcadia (fka Yamato)....it's value may increase at some point...

Yamato 1/48 VF-1S 25th Anniversary Edition:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=macross+vf-1s+25th&_sop=10&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0&_nkw=macross+vf-1s+25th&_sacat=0

http://page21.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/j219482292

http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e138415163

Edited by jvmacross

I would say you paid what it is worth.....both the Vf-1S and the YF-19 25th anniversary editions did not seem to be very popular....however, with the uncertainty of PT valks from Arcadia (fka Yamato)....it's value may increase at some point...

Very much appreciated!

Just ordered a VF-19 from hkcollectibles because of the new coupon code.

Anyone have any experience with them? Like 2 weeks for delivery to my doorstep (Cali), right?

What coupon code?

Regarding yamato 1/60 unassembled VF-1 kits.

• Do they come with gunpods?
  • Can you put a VF-1 D/A/J/S head turret onto any VF-1 body?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Gian

Regarding yamato 1/60 unassembled VF-1 kits.

• Do they come with gunpods?
  • Can you put a VF-1 D/A/J/S head turret onto any VF-1 body?
Thanks in advance

Just checked my first release of the VF-1S in Unassembled Kit and yes there are parts for a gunpod and I'm pretty sure you can swap heads too.

-b.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I've seen a ref for a VF-1J Commander several times now. What is with the Commander bit? Is this just a generic label for identifying a 'J' or is it something different?

Okay, I've seen a ref for a VF-1J Commander several times now. What is with the Commander bit? Is this just a generic label for identifying a 'J' or is it something different?

It's just a cannon fodder 1J. You see it in SDFM right after Hikaru joins the military (like a man) and there a quick glimpse of it during the training montage. So you have to get one if you want every valk Hikaru has ever flown.

My question is, is the pilot that comes with the toy Hikaru or a CF?

Edited by Benson13

It's just a cannon fodder 1J. You see it in SDFM right after Hikaru joins the military (like a man) and there a quick glimpse of it during the training montage. So you have to get one if you want every valk Hikaru has ever flown.

My question is, is the pilot that comes with the toy Hikaru or a CF?

The figure that comes with the CF VF1J is a green CF pilot.

Hello all, I have a question regarding the Yamato YF-21. I am seeing a few examples of what appears to be the same figure listed as 1/60 and 1/72. Is this a non-scale item that sellers are just trying to ballpark? I see no english indication of a scale in any of the examples:

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0&_nkw=1%2F72+macross+yf-21&_sacat=0&_from=R40

I am looking for 1/72 kits of all the battroids I can get, if anyone has any advice/guidance it would be appreciated if you shared! :)

Thanks!

modelglue

Edited by modelglue

There are 3 Yamato versions of the YF-21

1/72, mostly diecast, difficult transformation, chunky.

1/60, plastic, better transformationvery, sleek.

GNU, non-scale, rougly around 1/100, battroid only

the link you provide is the 1/72 yamato

more info here:

http://anymoon.com/blog/?cat=17

Edited by Valkyrie addict

Quick question. I don't own a Yamato Kakizaki DYRL.

Does the pilot figure come with green or bluish accent on the helmet?

Do you mean the 1/60 or the 1/48 DYRL Kaki? I recall the overall green shade on the 1/48 is a bit brighter/lighter than the 1/60, but I don't own the 1/48 so I can't comment on the figure's helmet. I have the 1/60 dyrl kaki valk, and his helmet is green.

There are 3 Yamato versions of the YF-21

1/72, mostly diecast, difficult transformation, chunky.

1/60, plastic, better transformationvery, sleek.

GNU, non-scale, rougly around 1/100, battroid only

the link you provide is the 1/72 yamato

more info here:

http://anymoon.com/blog/?cat=17

Excellent! Thank you. looks like i'll have my work cut out for me if I want to update this to sit next to my 1/72 Hase' stuff.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys I just placed my preorder for the vf1s from HLJ. When I was asked about warehouse option I choose "send when available" does this mean they will send it as soon as it becomes available? Or should I have gone with the other option? Sorry for the noob question it's just I haven't placed an order with them since early last decade.

Yes, "send when available" means it will be processed and shipped as soon as it becomes available. Putting it in the warehouse is convenient if you want to combine orders and save on the shipping. The item is then held for you for up to 60 days before it is shipped automatically, but you can choose to send it with other things that you've bought and put in the warehouse whenever you want during that time. So which option you "should" have chosen depends on how fast you want your VF-1S and if you intend to buy more from HLJ in the close future. If you log in and look at your order history, I think there should be options to change between sending when available and putting it in the warehouse throughout the time the item is still on pre-order, if you change your mind.

Edited by Lorindor