HG and Robotech Debates

And now...Back to ROBOTECH! Seems McKeever has nothing to post on his unofficial Robotech blog so he keeps posting about gas and the strength of the US dollar. The surprising thing is that someone actually posted a reply on the blog complaining about this as a Robotech blog should have posts actually related to Robotech. Still, I guess you could always go to rt.com and talk about "No Love for Sentinels Music." :lol:

And now...Back to ROBOTECH! Seems McKeever has nothing to post on his unofficial Robotech blog so he keeps posting about gas and the strength of the US dollar. The surprising thing is that someone actually posted a reply on the blog complaining about this as a Robotech blog should have posts actually related to Robotech. Still, I guess you could always go to rt.com and talk about "No Love for Sentinels Music." :lol:

I do find it quite funny that http://norobotechnews.blogspot.com has more followers than Banky's blog...

Maybe they should buy a new USB stick and post pictures of it on the blog? (assuming it is in the budget)

Mr. Haruhiko Mikimoto allows the Bigwest brand by the technique of " Macross the First", I hope they make "Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross" manga by quite new mechanical design and astonishing new female or male characters by excellent talented-designers in the Bigwest only (if exclusive Tatsunoko co-procucers)brand title of "Southern Cross the Return".

Mospeada is impossible because of Tatsunoko only copyrights!

post-1627-0-89608700-1304446388_thumb.jpg

Edited by yui1107

Mr. Haruhiko Mikimoto allows the Bigwest brand by the technique of " Macross the First", I hope they make "Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross" manga by quite new mechanical design and astonishing new female or male characters by excellent talented-designers in the title of "Southern Cross the Return".

But, nobody remembers Southern Cross. Who would buy it?

でも、だれもサザーンクロスを覚えていません。だれがあの漫画買う?

Mr. Haruhiko Mikimoto allows the Bigwest brand by the technique of " Macross the First", I hope they make "Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross" manga by quite new mechanical design and astonishing new female or male characters by excellent talented-designers in the Bigwest only (if exclusive Tatsunoko co-procucers)brand title of "Southern Cross the Return".

Mospeada is impossible because of Tatsunoko only copyrights!

See, see what you guys did, she was gone, but you summored her back. I hope you're happy.

I'm sure quite a few here would be interested in it, but "here" is such a niche group, as is the rt fanbase, that it'd most likely tank after one or two issues. Not only that, there's just no artists that seem even remotely interested.

In regards to the Japanese yen/dollar ratio, and high gas prices, if what Kevin said was true, then why does he keep pushing the conventions if the conventions are going to be hurting? Isn't he contradicting the point of his job in scheduling these conventions? Why market to something that is supposedly going to be hurting so bad? In essence, he's pretty much advertising that his job is hardly worth keeping. I found that quite funny.

外見だけで人(作品)を判断してはいけません。その人(作品)の中に光る鉱石があれば、それを磨くのは作家の能力です。

Do not judge the person(Shows) from their looks only. That is artist and writer's ability that polishes it if there is ore that shines in the person (Shows).

題材と設定には、他の作品には無い独自性があります。悪かった部分は、脚本とメカデザインです。

In the theme and the setting works, there is originality in other shows without. The bad points are scenario and a mecha design.

Edited by yui1107

Southern Cross was never on the level with Macross, Orguss, or even MOSPEADA. If it was a manga done in Japan, from what I've gathered, it would be too risky to do. Depending on the price, and shipping and all, it'd probably be last on a list of wants for me. It's not really worth even discussing, as it's not going to happen. Not only that, even amongst Robotech fans, it wouldn't be a high priority, as they don't even really buy the featured merchandise. Just a bad idea all around.

See, see what you guys did, she was gone, but you summored her back. I hope you're happy.

I sure am! :p

EDIT -- I've just had a thought. Personally, I have no interest whatsoever in a Southern Cross manga, but I think they could run it in Macross Ace. "Super Dimension" is now synonymous with Macross, so just for a bit of variety they could include manga adaptations for the other two Choujikuu shows (SC and Orguss) in the magazine. God knows it would be far more interesting than anything like that Macross Plus manga. In fact, I think I'll send that as a suggestion!

Edited by Renato

Southern Cross was never on the level with Macross, Orguss, or even MOSPEADA. If it was a manga done in Japan, from what I've gathered, it would be too risky to do. Depending on the price, and shipping and all, it'd probably be last on a list of wants for me. It's not really worth even discussing, as it's not going to happen. Not only that, even amongst Robotech fans, it wouldn't be a high priority, as they don't even really buy the featured merchandise. Just a bad idea all around.

Alright, I'll admit it. I kinda like Southern Cross. Even the slapdash Robotech version. I like my exposed-cockpit hovertanks, flying green-haired songstresses and blonde afros, you dig?

I do find it quite funny that http://norobotechnews.blogspot.com has more followers than Banky's blog...

This blog is summing up very well how I view the franchise. Maybe someone should link this to the Facebook group?

In regards to the Japanese yen/dollar ratio, and high gas prices, if what Kevin said was true, then why does he keep pushing the conventions if the conventions are going to be hurting? Isn't he contradicting the point of his job in scheduling these conventions? Why market to something that is supposedly going to be hurting so bad?

Lets not forget the convention panels he usually hosts every year about how "anime cons are dying" or are not sustainable! Bloody ridiculous. ^_^ I guess they have to keep showing the world (and Warner Brothers?) Robotech is still alive even though they're pretty much on autopilot to oblivion now...

Edited by chrisk

:lol:

No offense, man, but sometimes you remind me of Frasier Crane.

None taken! :lol:

Oh god, now I'm going to read everything Seto posts in Kelsey Grammar's voice! :lol:

... and that. Is. Awesome! :lol:

And now...Back to ROBOTECH! Seems McKeever has nothing to post on his unofficial Robotech blog so he keeps posting about gas and the strength of the US dollar. The surprising thing is that someone actually posted a reply on the blog complaining about this as a Robotech blog should have posts actually related to Robotech.

's not that surprising... after all, one of McKeever's favorite excuses for having no news of the live action movie is that Warner Bros won't let them talk about it. Aside from that, which chrisk aptly pointed out is "on autopilot to oblivion", they don't have anything that would actually be worth talking about. It's not exactly newsworthy to gab on about how they released their ineptly-made imitation brand product (Robotech) in the homeland of ineptly-made imitation brand products (China). :lol:

Lets not forget the convention panels he usually hosts every year about how "anime cons are dying" or are not sustainable! Bloody ridiculous. ^_^ I guess they have to keep showing the world (and Warner Brothers?) Robotech is still alive even though they're pretty much on autopilot to oblivion now...

Wait... wait... wait... is it just me, or is that basically McKeever invalidating his only "contribution" to Robotech? The Robotech Con tour was his brainchild, and he's the one pushing to keep all of their promotional convent convention-exclusive. Isn't it a little on the counterproductive side to do that if his position is "anime cons are dying"? It's practically an admission of "I don't have a clue what I'm doing, so I'm clinging to a market model even I can see is a horribly bad idea". Either he's even dumber than I routinely give him credit for, or he's schizophrenic.

Funny, but not altogether unexpected... who's gonna follow the unofficial news blog of a guy whose favorite mantra is "Why should we show or tell you anything?".

Why the hell would anyone in Japan or America want that? The Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross series was a failure in Japan, and is roundly scorned as the worst saga of Robotech in the west. Harmony Gold USA won't even make Southern Cross collectibles because they're firmly convinced that nobody would ever want to buy them. Why would Big West waste their time and money doing a manga revival of Southern Cross when the show was a failure that almost nobody remembers anymore?

Do not judge the person(Shows) from their looks only. That is artist and writer's ability that polishes it if there is ore that shines in the person (Shows)

Sure, if we judge Southern Cross by its actual content... it's still a disgusting waste of celluloid. I don't think anyone could salvage that mess. You can polish a turd, but what you're left with in the end is still a turd.

In the theme and the setting works, there is originality in other shows without. The bad points are scenario and a mecha design.

It's things like this that make me wonder if you actually understand the things you say. You've basically just announced that the bad part of Southern Cross is the series itself.

I actually didn't mind the original Southern Cross series much, and hell, I'd watch it again, but the chances of it ever getting any kind of follow up of any kind in any media outside of Robotech is astromically low.

I actually didn't mind the original Southern Cross series much, and hell, I'd watch it again, but the chances of it ever getting any kind of follow up of any kind in any media outside of Robotech is astromically low.

I agree.

I thought the show had a decent premise, but execution was relatively poor, and suffered from "cancelitis".

a591836ef5b5e2d0.jpg

オリジナルは確かに「オーガス/Orguss 02」に較べてさえ、悪い点がある。 けれども作り直せば(リメイク)、みるべき点はあると思う。

The original Southerncross has bad points are certainly bright compared with "[Orguss / Orguss 02]".

However, I think that there is a point that should be seen if it tries to reake it.

Art By Mr. Dave Garcia

107668148ce49214.jpg

Art by MS.Colleen Doran

5c87afc2711834f7.jpeg

Edited by yui1107

Still, I guess you could always go to rt.com and talk about "No Love for Sentinels Music." :lol:

the SENTINELS soundtrack never bothered me all that much, actually.

sure, it sounds like 80's video game music, but, as a die-hard vintage video gamer,

and fan of 1980's pop in general, i myself don't mind that SENTINELS stuff at all really.

in fact, i rather feel that it has it's own charm about it.

'sides, at least the soundtrack belongs to a half-assed U.S. knock-off,

and not an actual legitimate Anime series. hell, things could be worse, y'know...

a591836ef5b5e2d0.jpg

...annnd, THEY ARE.

awww, gee guys, now SEE how TOTALLY AWESOME that is?

now THATs that i'm talking about!!

that's PRECISELY why RT will ALWAYS be SO MUCH BETTER than those three poo-poo cartoons

from another place a long long ways away that doesn't speak english that were used to make it! :p

Edited by Shaorin

Do not judge the person(Shows) from their looks only. That is artist and writer's ability that polishes it if there is ore that shines in the person (Shows).

But these shows are in the entertainment business, where profitability and ratings are really important for their survivability. Southern Cross failed in both as the show ended in a cliffhanger, merchandise was minimal and the only people who really care about it at this point is HG and Robotech. And even then they put more emphasis on Macross and Mospeada in everything they say and do while treating it as an bad decision just to guarantee syndication potential. If people like it, there's nothing wrong with that. Just don't expect HG to do much with it since these days it's all about making money cheaply rather than unique art, mecha designs, and noteworthy stories to make up.

Still, that was some nice fan(?) art.

I never thought Southern Cross was that bad, but I thin it's fine where it is. I like it in its obscurity, and that gives it a sense of fun nostalgia. To redo it would probably ruin it moreso, and as has been pointed out by everyone commenting on that, it doesn't seem to be a viable, smart business decision to invest money in something with so much of a high chance of failure.

I never thought Southern Cross was that bad, but I thin it's fine where it is. I like it in its obscurity, and that gives it a sense of fun nostalgia. To redo it would probably ruin it moreso, and as has been pointed out by everyone commenting on that, it doesn't seem to be a viable, smart business decision to invest money in something with so much of a high chance of failure.

The Mikimoto Haruhiko is designing the Macross the First delightfully following hope will be VIDEO SOLDIER LASERION: THE ORIGIN or possibility SUPER HIGHSPEED GALVION: THE NEXT!!! It is darling wish!! Production will see!!

The Mikimoto Haruhiko is designing the Macross the First delightfully following hope will be VIDEO SOLDIER LASERION: THE ORIGIN or possibility SUPER HIGHSPEED GALVION: THE NEXT!!! It is darling wish!! Production will see!!

LMAO, you've officially been "LOST IN TRANSLATION"...."RECTIFY!"

The Super High Speed Galvion of 1980s is vintage of no good mecha and story but idea could popular with various excited people!! A trout!! the high manga quality is dream born! The charge will give pleasurable effect!

The sad part is I don't think the sarcasm will get through to the end user...

That was me again. I have an morbid curiousity that wants to follow stupid people like McKeever.

You know, I was just thinking back to some old robotech dialogue I thought I had forgotten. It was in one of the early Macross episodes when a briefing/pep-talk was going on. Then somebody said something to the effect of "gentlemen, you need only remember one thing, "robotech." And it seems that the current shadow squad gang have taken this policy to heart.

You know, I was just thinking back to some old robotech dialogue I thought I had forgotten. It was in one of the early Macross episodes when a briefing/pep-talk was going on. Then somebody said something to the effect of "gentlemen, you need only remember one thing, "robotech." And it seems that the current shadow squad gang have taken this policy to heart.

"All right, the Robotech Thruster! Can I use it first, Sir?"

That's what it seems to me like they've been doing.

a recent post on RTX brought up the subject of airing Robotech on Adult Swim.........now I remember a few years back in a bump someone had suggested they air it, and they laughed and said no. Seriously though, I love RT but its not adult swim material, if they aired it, it would probably be done as a joke much like their saved by the bell and pee wee's playhouse shenanighans.

a recent post on RTX brought up the subject of airing Robotech on Adult Swim.........now I remember a few years back in a bump someone had suggested they air it, and they laughed and said no.

I remember that bump! I also remember not being the least bit surprised when [adult swim] responded with sarcastic laughter.

Seriously though, I love RT but its not adult swim material, if they aired it, it would probably be done as a joke much like their saved by the bell and pee wee's playhouse shenanighans.

The sad part is... in the current state of affairs on [adult swim], even a half-assed show like Robotech would be the high point of their nightly programming.:unsure:

I remember that bump! I also remember not being the least bit surprised when [adult swim] responded with sarcastic laughter.

The sad part is... in the current state of affairs on [adult swim], even a half-assed show like Robotech would be the high point of their nightly programming.:unsure:

Adult Swim on most nights, save for Saturday night is a joke. It's mostly a bunch of crappy animated shows that don't make any sense, and cartoons that lack any sense of plot. Seems that most of the ideas for cartoons on Adult Swim still have the idea that all cartoons should have no plot, and be void of any inteligence. That's why I don't watch, except for when they have the anime shows on at midnight starting saturday night/sunday morning.

As for Robotech being on there, I could see it on Cartoon Network during the day, when everyone's at work, but Adult Swim??? Hahahaha (NOT). Even the idea of afternoon filler cartoon would be a waste for Cartoon Network, being that Robotech is free and/or available on youtube, Hulu, Netflix, DVD... it's supposedly all over the place, and the franchise is still barely alive.

That's because Adult Swim is for stoners..........that's why most of their shows don't make sense..........but yeah I can totally see them tripping out to STAGE FRIGHT :p

trip to protoculture flowers.

Edited by chrisk