Bandai 1/100 VF-25

CF18

Bandai display at Shizuoka Hobby Show 2010

The new one is probably fighter mode only.

post-467-127372109968_thumb.jpg

A must have for me.

Also shown: 1:72 VF-25 with Tornado pack, 1:200 Monster (reissue)

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2010/05/mg-o-from-shizuoka-hobby-show-2010.html

No show: 1/48 VF-25 and 1/72 Queadluun-Rea that was shown last year, probably dead.

The Monster does not seem like a reissue. It says "test shot"... Is it a new tooling? Anyone know if the sprue looks like the old 80's kit?

Edited by Vifam7

Same, I was really looking forward to a 1/48 kit. :(

Although, I do really appreciate the idea of getting some dedicated fighter kits. There are a ton of custom paintschemes I've wanted to try out on the VF-25, and the transforming kits just aren't practical for that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2010/05/mg-o-from-shizuoka-hobby-show-2010.html

No show: 1/48 VF-25 and 1/72 Queadluun-Rea that was shown last year, probably dead.

The VF-25 picture is probably just a display sculpt. So far Bandai has never released a non-transforming Valk - ever!

Probably why Hasegawa's Macross kits usually outlast the Bandai ones. Hasegawa's kits are cheaper to produce (since they re-use the same molds over and over) and are only made different by the decal sets the kits come with.

No need to spend all that money on engineering a transforming kit or use all that extra plastic to mold it.

Doubtful the Monster is a re-issue since the original monster by Yamato was 1/100 scale if I remember correctly (was kinda hoping it would be the same one, to go along with the VF100 line or Hi-Metal 1/100 line).

Doubtful the Monster is a re-issue since the original monster by Yamato was 1/100 scale if I remember correctly (was kinda hoping it would be the same one, to go along with the VF100 line or Hi-Metal 1/100 line).

eh? :huh: when the heck did Yamato ever make a 1/100 Monster Mk II? (we're talking about the Destroid from SDF:M, not the transforming Konig Monster from Frontier)

It's a re-issue of the 1/100 scale Imai kit from the early 80's. http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=33020

• 8 months later...

While I'd definitely prefer a 1/72 fighter-only kit (or 1/48 for that matter), this'll probably entirely satisfy my custom scheme urge for the VF-25. While I love the transforming kits, they're too much work to paint up all fancy.

Actually.. you know, this makes me think... and maybe even dream a little...

Remember the original VF-100s pitch? The poster that included nearly every single VF ever? I'm guessing they had to acquire the 1/100 licensing rights to all those Valks to make that pitch, sooo.....

No, 1/100 isn't a great scale.. but if Bandai releases a series of models of all those planes.. ^_^

Plus, the rush to market the kit of the YF-29 for the movie release makes me think they might just still be developing a transforming 1/72 kit of it. Given how much closer the DX YF-29 looks to the line-art, maybe the model and toy divisions are working a little closer together this time.

Remember the original VF-100s pitch? The poster that included nearly every single VF ever? I'm guessing they had to acquire the 1/100 licensing rights to all those Valks to make that pitch, sooo.....

I think we all need to stop perpetuating the myth that the poster in question was ever intended to indicate bandai had any intention of producing all or even any of the VF's on it. It was never meant to say "Here's all the stuff we're going to make," or even "here's all the stuff we want to make," it was simply "Here's some stuff that could potentially get made, give us feedback as to which you'd be interested in and we'll think about it."

http://ngeekhiong.bl...-show-2010.html

FINALLY!!

Now if we could only convince them to release all of the Valks they have in their license stable!

I am so buying "several" of those...:)

I own the metallic VF-100 limited edition fighters and they are damn pretty!

Hopefully their molds are the basis for this kit!

Edited by Zinjo

I wouldn't bet that pic is anything like it'll be in actual production, looks more like a test shot of the sprue, and a resin mock-up of the kit. For one, I've never seen a Bandai kit look as sloppy and badly fitting as those pics of the painted fighter. That and the sprue doesn't look anything like a final product, unless they decided it's better to cast canopies in solid grey plastic. :p But looking at the parts breakdown on that sprue, it looks like it's divided up pretty much by the standard color divisions used on the SMS VF-25 schemes.

Besides, the YF-29 kit has already been seen to be broken down by colors for assembly, and done so rather intricately to achieve some white stripes across the shield, so I see no reason they'd be molding this kit in a single color.

I wouldn't bet that pic is anything like it'll be in actual production, looks more like a test shot of the sprue, and a resin mock-up of the kit. For one, I've never seen a Bandai kit look as sloppy and badly fitting as those pics of the painted fighter. That and the sprue doesn't look anything like a final product, unless they decided it's better to cast canopies in solid grey plastic. :p But looking at the parts breakdown on that sprue, it looks like it's divided up pretty much by the standard color divisions used on the SMS VF-25 schemes.

Besides, the YF-29 kit has already been seen to be broken down by colors for assembly, and done so rather intricately to achieve some white stripes across the shield, so I see no reason they'd be molding this kit in a single color.

*Looks up the 1/100 YF-29*

Awesome!

-Kyp

Did anyone notice the model shown is missing one of the most prominent panel lines? the one between the hip guns and the shoulder piece in battroid mode? Actually it's not just that, but the whole hip gun piece is not "cut away" properly with a seam line.

The painted prototype has a huge gap instead, just like in the transformable 1/72 model. I don't need that gap, but a missing transformation seam line is a bit disappointing.

post-9400-0-70759400-1299400247_thumb.jpg

Edited by regult

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like these are available now, just got my payment request from AmiAmi. Now they just need to combine my 2 orders for 2 of these I placed they are 2070JPY a peice shipped. I asked them to combine the 2 orders but they didn't maybe because I ordered another YF-29 from them also with the second order. Just sent them an email asking them to combine the 2 VF-25's to save on shipping. Hope they can.

Chris

You know, somehow it never even occurred to me to ask this before, but - do these kits come with decals, or stickers?

I kind of assumed decals, but looking at the instruction scans it says "marking seals" rather than "slide mark" (maybe that's my answer right there... :( )

I really hate Bandai sometimes.