Design a Macross Patch Competition

Einherjar

http://www.thatanimeblog.com/index.php/2010/05/design-a-macross-patch-competition/

'>

http://www.thatanimeblog.com/index.php/2010/05/design-a-macross-patch-competition/

Crusader has a proposition for you. Much like the Crusaders of old, our blogger is engaging in some commerce while fighting in distant lands. He can get custom patches made in his current location, and here’s where you come in. Design an approximately 4 inch/10.16cm diameter Macross patch and submit your design to us. The design can be original or one from the canon, it’s up to you. Next, I will select some finalists, whose designs will be put up for a vote on the blog. The winner will receive their design in real, embroidered patch form, suitable for any number of fanboy/fangirl uses. So submit your designs to executiveotaku@gmail.com by Wednesday, 26 May. Once received, I’ll select a few designs for the poll, and the vote will be open for one week. Here’s your chance to have a custom made piece of Macross love…for free!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like Zinjo's patches, but I don't understand the references for entry #1. Is it Macross and Code Geass?

No referendce to Code Geass at all (I haven't watched it yet... ;) )

Essentially I figured that with 25+ emigration fleets that the squadron numbers would be in the thousands by 2059. So I made up a Pegasus Squadron based on the NMCV Brittania New Macross carrier.

I am most proud of the "Macross Zero - Feel the Burn" patch. Mac Zero established that the Skull squadron must have started out as an VX squadron (aka Naval Test and Evaluation squadron). So I gave it the designation of SVX-100 since most of the earlier numbers were spoken for by real life VX squadrons.

Typically a squadron patch has some sort of saying on it, which became particularly popular during the F-14 Tomcat era.

It is unfortunate that a "gundam" patch would be leading in a Macross contest. :rolleyes:

Edited by Zinjo

The patches are mine to do with as I please, so that's a reality that doesn't bother me one bit.

It strikes me as a bit disingenuous to include a Gundam patch in a Macross competition, regardless how few the entries there are, but hey that's just my opinion.... ;)