YF-19 & SV-51 finished!

cool8or

Hello my friends. I just finished 2 new model kits, a YF-19 and a SV-51, both Hasegawa 1/72, painted with lacquer paints. I hope do you like it!

dpp0012resize.jpg

dpp0013resize.jpg

dpp0010resize.jpg

dpp0011resize.jpg

img8480resize.jpg

dpp0001resize.jpg

That's it! You have reached a level of model mastery where we require build-up threads for your future projects! I've got to see some of the magic you use to bring those kits up to such a fantastic level. :lol: I'll bet a lot of us could learn a thing or two from watching your process. B))

Those are really amazing Reuben!

That's it! You have reached a level of model mastery where we require build-up threads for your future projects! I've got to see some of the magic you use to bring those kits up to such a fantastic level. :lol: I'll bet a lot of us could learn a thing or two from watching your process. B))

I second this request for build-up threads!

Reuben, these models are absolutely beautiful!

Thank you for your kind words guys!! :) Your feedback is very appreciated. ;)

I second this request for build-up threads!

Reuben, these models are absolutely beautiful!

Thank you Jardann and Maxtype! I've done a couple build ups in spanish forums, so I could start one here too. My english is limited, but you may ask if you don't understand something. I'll think about 2 or 3 models and I'll make a poll to know would you prefer to see in a build-up ;)

Edited by cool8or

At the risk of sounding like a broken record: Awesome! B))

I particularly like the Ivanov; love how you weathered even the inside panels of the air brakes and landing gear doors!

Despite Yamato's near-perfect full-transformation fig, the way its turbines look like they were just carved onto the intakes really took away from the realism. Yours looks way better.

They both look fantastic.

I am interested in your choice of lacquer paints though. Why did you choose lacquer?

I also would like to know - I know they're known for being very durable so that aspect interests me quite a bit. I'm also very interested to know what colour you chose for your SV-51 - I've got one I plan to build in a few months/years/decades ^_^.

At any rate, top notch work - very, very nice!

They both look fantastic.

I am interested in your choice of lacquer paints though. Why did you choose lacquer?

Here in Chile, the modelling stores sells only Enamels paints for modelling. They have also son water based paints (Vallejo), but only flat colors and for brush use, not airbrush.

Enamels dries slow, and sometimes it seems like never dries completely, because when you manipulate your models, it feels a little "sticky" and it dirties easily. Also, you can't make effects with oil paints above enamels.

On the other hand, lacquer (automotive) paints dries in few minutes, are very strong against frictions, and have UV protection. You can sand it if you find a dirt, etc. The best it's that you can go to an Automotive painting workshop and they can mix any color that you want, for a very cheap price (USD$5.00 for 1/16 galoon). I think that in USA or other big countries, this should be cheaper.