Toynami/Popbox Collectibles VF-1 Pilot Hikaru Ichijo Figure

Cyclone Trooper

On a whim a few days ago, I was browsing BBTS and began looking at the 12" VF-1 Pilot Hikaru figure. The overall look of the figure decked out in his DYRL flightsuit was impressive--and since I'd never owned a pilot beyond the 1/48 and 1/60 scale, I broke down and ordered one. The fact that BBTS is running a sale on it helped too. I paid for UPS 2nd Day delivery and it showed up this afternoon at my front door. I was impressed with the overall accuracy the figure has to the line art, with the helmet's retractable face visor, good posability, and all the small details like the chest monitor and the life-support hoses running from the backpack to the back of the helmet. Well...maybe not that last part, exactly.

According to the photos on the box, it shows Hikaru standing in profile with the hoses attached to the back of his helmet. The hoses themselves are supposed to fit into two sockets that protrude out from the helmet. My helmet has two small indents with what appears to be molded grillwork across them where the hose connectors are supposed to be. There's no way to attach them to the helmet. I'm wondering if anyone else who got this figure has experienced this same issue. I realize that this figure is fairly old (released in 2006, I believe), so I apologize if I'm asking a question that's been answered a dozen times over before. I'm just wondering if this is how the mass-production version was released or is my figure missing parts to it?

Give Blackaces (aka Noel) a PM, he works for Popbox! Apparently some (or maybe all) the Hikaru figures were released with the backback/helmet hose glitch and there are two little replacement parts for it, along with a new pair of hands!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I gotta hold of the repair sets and hands for the DYRL suit. If you need it PM me. No charge just pay for shipping. First come first serve. Thanks!

YES! PLEASE!