Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

areaseven

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo (ボボボーボ・ボーボボ)
TV Asahi/Toei Animation, 2003-2005
Illumitoon Entertainment, 2007; S'more Entertainment, 2012
Directed by Hiroki Shibata (Getter Robo Go, Sailor Moon Super S Movie)
Based on the manga by Yoshiro Sawai
Running Time: 25 minutes per episode
Rated 13-Up for violence, suggestive drug use and a lot of tasteless humor.

In the year 300X, Earth is terrorized by the evil Margarita Empire, which will stop at nothing to rid the entire population of their hair. But now, one afro-wearing man stands in their way. He has the ability to communicate with other people's hair and use his own nasal hair to defeat the Margarita Empire's bald henchmen. His name: Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo.

Story: B
For years, there have been anime titles that have tested the limits of crack, such as Excel Saga, FLCL and Sexy Commando Gaiden. But Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo will probably take the cake as the most messed-up anime ever conceived. Is there a plot on this one? Maybe not. Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo is filled with numerous potty jokes that may be hazardous to your brain.

Animation: C-
WTF were the animators at Toei smoking? You got bad guys that look like Dragon Ball Z rejects and a Kenshiro wannabe that uses his nasal hair as his finishing attack. The animation quality looks better than Sexy Commando Gaiden, but it's still borderline crap. You probably have to be drunk to distinguish most of the colors.

Soundtrack: B+
The BGM is average, but the opening and ending themes rock.

Sub vs. Dub
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo features Takehito Koyasu (Il Palazzo in Excel Saga, Gamlin in Macross 7) as Bo-bobo, Ai Nonaka (Shima in Cosmic Stellvia, Hororo in Bottle Fairy) as Beauty, Masaya Onosaka (Vash the Stampede in Trigun) as Don Patch, Naomi Shindoh (Cagalli in Mobile Suit Gundam SEED, Aries in Macross Zero) as Heppokomaru, Keiichi Sonobe (Oliver in Mobile Suit Victory Gundam) as Tokoro Angel, Hikaru Midorikawa (Heero in Gundam Wing, Ryuhou in s-CRY-ed) as Softon, and Shinichiro Ota (Speedy in Avenger) as the narrator.

The English dub is equally funny, but that's because the voices are just laughably stupid. Featured voices include Richard Epcar (Guld in Macross Plus, Bateau in Ghost in the Shell) as Bo-bobo, Vicky Green (Sarara in Bottle Fairy) as Beauty, Kirk Thornton (Hachimaki in Planetes, Beyond the Grave in Gungrave) as Don Patch, Taylor Henry (The Count of Monte Cristo in Gankutsuou, Admiral Red in Submarine 707R) as Jelly Jiggler, and Michael McConnohie (Norris in Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team, Schwartzwald in The Big O) as the narrator.

DVD Extras
Probably won't be covered.

The Bottom Line
Sexy Commando has finally met his match. Watch Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo at your own risk.

Links
Official Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo Homepage (Japanese)
Toei Animation's Official Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo Homepage (Japanese)

Reference
Anime News Network Edited by areaseven

Whats wrong with you weirdos? Crazy Japanese humor is AWESOME.

Sugoi! Masaru-San! Is one of the funniest anime EVER. And I will defend it using the exact same logic that Matrix fans use to defend their beloved series. If you dont like Masaru-San, then you just dont get it.

I simply must see this anime sometime soon!! It looks freakin great!! There hasnt been a good funny show like this in a long while!

-BEN-MAN-

Is there a source that doesn't use that torrent crap? I can't get it to work, and at this point, I'm voting that its inventor get his hands chopped off to prevent him from ever touching a computer again.

BitTorrent works just fine for me.

Stupidly obivous question: You HAVE installed BitTorrent, right?

Oh, and no knocking Inspector Gadget. That show ruled.

• 2 months later...

I hate you. One of my friends finally downloaded this....thing...and I still can't describe the feeling.

Bo-Bobo is like nut-punch after bloody nut-punch, with a little bit of prison rape thrown in for variety. There will be blood in my mental "urine" for days after watching this one. :blink:

• 2 months later...
I hate you. One of my friends finally downloaded this....thing...and I still can't describe the feeling.

Bo-Bobo is like nut-punch after bloody nut-punch, with a little bit of prison rape thrown in for variety. There will be blood in my mental "urine" for days after watching this one. :blink:

Hey, at least there won't be a live-action adaptation of Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo any time soon.

But then again...

movieposter.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...