Hasegawa Battroid and Valkyrie. Scale same, parts differ?

AngelBird4

I was checking a few things bet my HAS. VF-1S Strike and the Minmay Guard Battroid... and man are there some differences in the size of some elements. I don't recall any reason why this would be so.

Specifically looking at the lower legs, which have even more of a difference bet the fighter/battroid than the leg add-ons do. Just curious if this is a weight/balance need, an aesthetic decision... or...???

:blink:

It's entirely aesthetic. If you look around, you can see pics of custom conversions people have done to make the fighter mode into a fully-transforming model, and the results are a little spindly in battroid mode (very impressive work, but skinny nonetheless). Hasegawa decided to follow the original animation's example and beef up the battroid mode proportions. So, you could say it's more anime accurate... from a certain point of view.

For some reason, the legs never bothered me as much as the tiny little wings. :)

Edited by Penguin