All Things Video Games Thread: II

Cheer up, I'm not playing Starcraft II.

...then again, I'm not playing RDR or WKC, either. I'm taking advantage of the summer lull to finish games I owned and played, but never completed. Like both Uncharted games.

Good thing games like these have an offline mode. I'd be in trouble if I bought something like MAG or Warhawk, maybe any Halo game too.

Considering they did leak the level overview way back and what not, I still expect someone to actually be working on it in their spare time, even if it's still vaporware.

Finaly! Capcom and Namco are gonna go at it with Tekken x Street Fighter (and vice versa). T x SF will have the 3D fighting of Tekken while SF x T will have the Super Street Fighter 4 fighting style.

Edited by gerwalk25

Borderlands is tons of fun with a few other people, and its still fun to play single player as well, something most games these days can't do. Either a great single player or multi player, but never both.

I just found Mass Effect 2, and, having never played the first game, am really enjoying this one.

I'm surprised this went almost a month without getting brought up.

:edit:

also, CCTV cameras, exploding RC cars and ballistic knives; OH MY!

I'm wondering if the guys at Treyarch may have finally lost their minds.

Edited by anime52k8

• 2 weeks later...

Right now I'm about to get to Part 2 of NEIR, basicly ready to journey to the forest. Pretty good game so far. The fishing a little better than the Breath of Fire Franchise. And I was able to get 50% of the quests done, the least favorite of mine being the Fragile delivery ones; basicly I have to run like a little girl avoiding foes until I get to my destination, because if I get so much as breathed on, the package breaks and the damed thing gets moved into the Uncompletable quests section.

I also started an Infamous game. It's no BioWare game, but Sucker Punch did a pretty good job about the Good/Evil choices. I'm going Hero this time around.

Borderlands got a new expansion announced and detailed. Looking forward to that hitting, it's been a system link favorite of my group of friends for a while now.

I saw the X-Play segment on that, and all I'll say is...

...BRING ON THE NINJA CLAPTRAP!!!! B))B))B))

Oh I forgot to mention that non-Game of the Year edition owners (like this household) will be able to download the new level cap for free on both the X-Box Marketplace and the Playstation Network.

Edited by Wanzerfan

Hey, it looks like Duke Nukem Forever is finally out :p .

Like all things Yhatzee, watch at your own risk.

Ummmm, yeah. :rolleyes: DNF isn't due out till 2011. Yhatzee was posting a mock review of the game and a commentary over how long it's taken for it to come out. :rolleyes: The game just had a release date confirmed at PAX a couple of weeks ago with a live demo.

:rolleyes:

Ummmm, yeah. :rolleyes:DNF isn't due out till 2011. Yhatzee was posting a mock review of the game and a commentary over how long it's taken for it to come out. :rolleyes: The game just had a release date confirmed at PAX a couple of weeks ago with a live demo.

:rolleyes:

I knew that. I was just jumping on the smartass bandwagon, along with the guy who posted that Duke Nukem pre-order reciept, that's all. ;)

I knew that. I was just jumping on the smartass bandwagon, along with the guy who posted that Duke Nukem pre-order reciept, that's all. ;)

Yeah, sure. That was TOTALLY what you were trying to do. :rolleyes:

I dusted off my trusty 'ol PS2 for Persona 3:FES. I also got Persona 4 laying around. Amazingly, I didn't get to finish P3, and with P4? Never started. Got sent overseas for a bit. Just saw them in a box after moving recently, so I figured, "What the hell."

Edited by Warmaker

I dusted off my trusty 'ol PS2 for Persona 3:FES. I also got Persona 4 laying around. Amazingly, I didn't get to finish P3, and with P4? Never started. Got sent overseas for a bit. Just saw them in a box after moving recently, so I figured, "What the hell."

Didn't get far in Persona 3, and didn't even start 4. But I loved Nocturne.

Atlus has a new game coming out from the Persona people called Catherine. The trailers definitely look interesting, but I'm not sure if it's considered a MegaTen game or not. What it really has me craving is a Shin Megami Tensei 4.