Games that suck, but you like

Gungrave & Gungrave OD

-Pretty much a simple-minded linear 3rd person shoot-em-up. And that's why i love 'em. Sometimes i just want to blow stuff away and not think. :lol:

Fallout 3

-It was great and all, but after I finished it and checked the trophies - I realized i had only completed 6% ! I don't plan on playing through that again. :wacko:

The Saboteur (and any other free-roaming game)

-I had fun with it but after the "story", all those extra targets just became tedious.

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 1/2

-Great hack 'n slash game, but when it takes you 1-2 hours just to complete a (short) mission... the button mashing wore out my thumbs. :lol:

Gundam: Target in Sight

-Too short.

Byonetta

-Between the button mashing, impossible "requirements" & the supposed fanservice, I still don't know if i like or hate it.

I see that you only did the main quest and Broken Steel, there are also some trophies that are fun and outside of the box (you get a trophy for planting a live grenade on someone; pickpocketing someone and transferring a frag or plasma grenade or mine into their inventory).

I see that you only did the main quest and Broken Steel, there are also some trophies that are fun and outside of the box (you get a trophy for planting a live grenade on someone; pickpocketing someone and transferring a frag or plasma grenade or mine into their inventory).

Oh i did more than just the main quest. I managed to get everybody in Tenpenny killed, went to the Oasis, Cleared up the mess in Canterbury, wiped out Paradise falls, got the alien blaster and a whole lot more.

I was fairly confident I had run through the game thoroughly, only to find out that there was still much more game left in the game.

That's great and all, but I'm not the kind to spend time trying to get 100%. Not to mention the Lv20 cap kinda killed the interest to do more.

Is this still only including games that you finished? If so, Robotech: Battlecry game, Robotech: Next Generation game (that Mosepeada version), the horrors of bad Robotech games, The Star Trek Voyager FPS for the PC, True Crime: Streets of LA and NY games (buggy!). I'd also include all the FPS and 3rd person James Bond games for the PS2, bought all of them....cheesy, bad, but fun being 007.

If it's bad games that I've played but never finsihed, then there's too many to list.

Star Control 3. It's definitely not as good as SC2... or even SC1 and I'm disappointed in more than a couple aspects of it. But still enjoy the game.

Another thing that I disagree with. AC04 was fine, as it's not meant to be a sim, but an F-4 can still give your Su-37 trouble if it gets on your tail for the couple of seconds until you out-turn it; in any of the later games, you'll be on THEIR tail in about a second.

Good point. Overall, I think AC4 has pretty good game mechanics, but the point I was trying to make is that as part of a six game franchise, it's (and those of 5 and 6, as well) semi-final level is almost identical to the earlier games. Fly into some super fortress and shoot at a weakspot/energy generator/ballistic missile and kill yourself a few times trying to get out of the exploding tunnel--done to death.

Technically speaking, AC4, 5 and 6 are far above subpar in terms of gameplay and even storyline (especially in AC4's case), but the whole Luke Skywalker vs Deathstar thing has gotten very old, and it almost ruined the games for me.

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. I know most folks crap on this game because it didn't have the traditional overhead format. But I personally love it a whole lot more than A Link to the Past. Wait a minute, the bad guys use shields and take more than one or two hits to kill off?! I like that it was different and a little more difficult. And that made it much more rewarding when I completed the game.

Force Unleashed (Wii Version). The graphics are embarrassingly subpar. The story and gameplay are average at best. But at a $20 price-point, it's a fun little stress reliever. I mean for that price who wouldn't want to run around, flailing a lightsaber, and Force-pushing the snot out of every Stormtrooper they see?

Is this still only including games that you finished? If so, Robotech: Battlecry game, Robotech: Next Generation game (that Mosepeada version), the horrors of bad Robotech games.

lol yeah, on that note, I did somewhat enjoy battlecry :p but robotech: Invasion....*gulp* I still finished it and got all the multiple endings but,some parts I had to force myself...actually..most parts :lol:

Star Wars Force Commander - 1999 or 2000? AT-AT's in 3d, and that was it. Tried campaign twice to see if anything branches out to different directions, i.e. staying as an Imperial. Otherwise very standard RTS. Deeply disappointed.

Kings Field - PS1 game; My roommate had it. I liked the open game world but I got motion sickness playing it. I kept on trying to play it, but eventually couldn't bear it any longer.

Dynasty Warriors - Liked it at first but I felt that after a while, Koei was giving it the 'ol EA/Madden treatment. At least with Koei's Romance of the Three Kingdoms strategy games they tried bring new things to the table. But DW were essentially the same games.

Madden - When the series first came out, I followed every edition until '97. It was then that I realized that EA was only updating the rosters and adding a few flashy graphics every year, and getting Football suckers to buy it year in, year out. With the proliferation of internet access and consoles with such access, do they even update the Madden series' rosters every year despite the year edition? I wonder...

Technically speaking, AC4, 5 and 6 are far above subpar in terms of gameplay and even storyline (especially in AC4's case), but the whole Luke Skywalker vs Deathstar thing has gotten very old, and it almost ruined the games for me.

My thoughts as well, but I'll admit that certain trench fly-in sequences were much better than others. AC6's trench sequence was just ridiculously weak.... pretty much fly in a straight line through the cannon's barrel and you're set. On the other hand AC5 had the most frustrating but best trench sequence in my opinion. Not only did you have to dodge what seemed like an eternity's worth of underground obstacles, closing doors, and other assorted exploding poo, but there was a guy shooting at your plane too.... but when I beat it it was an incredible sense of accomplishment :)

To put a cherry on the cake, you get to finish the game by blowing up a falling giant satellite.

Final Fantasy 8 and 9 are the only ones that come to mind. I knew they were going to suck almost from the beginning and I still finished them.

I don't really have many since if a game sucks I will just stop playing it. I play games to have fun, not to torture myself.

I liked both of those better than VII. And while VIII is sort of a black sheep in the franchise, IX was probably the best one since VI.

At the top of my head...

Forced Unleashed: Same reasons as everyone stated. Also, it wasn't the same game that the devs touted as...

Gripshift: It came with the PSP we bought from Fry's while they were still doing the BS bundle sales. A racing game, unremarkable. But it had a really good level editor.

Mortal Kombat (Trilogy): I have the N64 version.

Robotech Battlecry: Some of the most uneven difficulty I ever played... It was still pretty fun.

The Bouncer: It wasn't that good, but it was my first PS2 game and I had fond memories of it. Also, physics in that game was hilarious. The moment you get hit and ragdoll, you hurt yourself and everyone you bump into--Damage amounts carry over too. Seriously, managed to KO three other characters (all with full health) at the same time with one punch.

Untold Legends Brotherhood of the Blade: Same reason as Gripshift, also an unremarkable Diablo clone. I found myself still pushing on for no special reason other than ubering your character. If you're a packrat, you'll hate this game.

Godhand: I'm not quite sure why it was labeled a "bad game" but I think this game's great.

Edited by shiroikaze

My thoughts as well, but I'll admit that certain trench fly-in sequences were much better than others. AC6's trench sequence was just ridiculously weak.... pretty much fly in a straight line through the cannon's barrel and you're set. On the other hand AC5 had the most frustrating but best trench sequence in my opinion. Not only did you have to dodge what seemed like an eternity's worth of underground obstacles, closing doors, and other assorted exploding poo, but there was a guy shooting at your plane too.... but when I beat it it was an incredible sense of accomplishment :)

To put a cherry on the cake, you get to finish the game by blowing up a falling giant satellite.

Heheh, in my first time playing through AC5, I simply gave up after failing dozens of times in that level, and only went back to it after a few months. AC4 and 6 were cakewalks compared to 5. That which does not kill me only made me stronger...and crazier, because I went straight back to that level on hard mode using free missions right after saving a new game +. Still trying to this day....

By the way, the easiness of the satellite level was kind of a surprise and a relief, after going through aerial acrobat hell in the fortress level.

Edited by GU-11

I dunno if you guys feel the same way, but moonwalker rocked, loved the game, played it all the time (hired not owned),

maybe it sucked from others opinion but, it doesn't if you've actually played it. Umm i think that's just about it, i had good taste really in games. Hated Mortal Kombat..

HOOO!!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I dunno if you guys feel the same way, but moonwalker rocked, loved the game, played it all the time (hired not owned),

maybe it sucked from others opinion but, it doesn't if you've actually played it. Umm i think that's just about it, i had good taste really in games. Hated Mortal Kombat..

HOOO!!

I dunno. Mortal Kombat was fun. MK2 was alright. It was pretty much MK3 onwards that sucked. They completely lost the Hong Kong cinema vibe that I enjoyed with the first game, and while other fighters were evolving their gameplay, the MK franchise kinda just went stale.

Did I get a copy of SW:FU different from everyone else's? I played it on 360 and didn't run into any bugs.

Fallout 3 was great as well though it DID have it's fair share of bugs. I still can't play any of the expansions.

Doesn't make either a bad game.

DW: Gundam 2 got to be a bad game about 70 hours into the multiplayer, maxing every single Gundam and still getting hosed by the hard missions.

Another one would be Top Gun, also for the NES and another AVGN favorite.

I dunno if that one was so bad, it was just blasted hard. Old fashioned pseudo-3D games always were when it came to any kind of precision flying (ie landing). I had that trouble sometimes with the original Wing Commander... you'd get right up next to the carrier, and suddenly the sprites would change, making you slam into the side of the durn thing.

Course, funniest thing.. we had Top Gun for our NES, and the last time I had friends over, everyone was curious how hard it actually was (being familiar with the AVGN review). So I pull out the NES, and load it up, and in the process of ranting over how stupid nasty the landing sequence is... I land the thing perfectly, for the first and only time ever. :huh:

The AC tunnel/trench/canyon levels are an oddball to be sure, and kind of a cop-out for added difficulty. But AC5's was very epic. I remember the relief from finally beating it, and it was worth it. Compared with AC5, all the other trench levels seem like a piece of cake.

While on the subject of trench/tunnel levels though, the third Rogue Squadron game was.. well, I can't say it was horrible all the way through, but it had more than it's share of bad. The single player game was pretty dull, and the walking levels sucked utterly. But it seemed to redeem itself decently with what it did right (the actual Executor attack run, probably one of the best speeder bike levels ever made, plus the only game I can remember where you get to drive an AT-AT).

The thing that really saved it for me was the co-op version of Rogue Leader though. Running the two Death Star runs, Hoth, or Endor with a competent wingman (instead of idiot AI) is just epic. Plus having a wingman made it possible to beat Razor Rendezvous with a gold medal in about 15 seconds. ^_^

Oh i did more than just the main quest. I managed to get everybody in Tenpenny killed, went to the Oasis, Cleared up the mess in Canterbury, wiped out Paradise falls, got the alien blaster and a whole lot more.

I was fairly confident I had run through the game thoroughly, only to find out that there was still much more game left in the game.

That's great and all, but I'm not the kind to spend time trying to get 100%. Not to mention the Lv20 cap kinda killed the interest to do more.

Actually the level cap in Fallout was increased to 30 when you installed Broken Steel, another reason to get the Game of the Year edition.

When I was in elementary school, I was addicted to the Rambo game for the NES. If you're not familiar with it, look up the Angry Video Game Nerd's review on it.

That game was so hard and frustrating. I never got far in the game, but kept trying.

On the NES, there was also this game called Flying Warriors which I managed to beat once but was also very hard. It was part fighting game and action RPG kind of thing. I was so determined to beat it, and had problems with the password system, that I kept the system on all day just to beat it. One thing that sucked was while most of the game was fighting and side scrolling, some portions like final battle changed to a turn-based RPG style of combat out of nowhere with very little in the instructions explaining how to win. The blocking system also really sucked when you were trying to defend against a magic attack.

Edited by Einherjar

Back in high school, when I got a 486SLC running on DOS 6.0 and Windows 3.1, I was addicted to a mostly text-based game called Conflict, where you've been elected as Israel's new prime minister and you have to decide on the country's relations with the rest of the Middle East.

One more I'd like to add: Predator - Concrete Jungle. Mediocre graphics, dodgy storyline, and the built-in limitations in cammo takes the fun out of controlling a Pred. Game mechanics were pretty wonky, too.

And, of course, there's Robotech: Battlecry. About the most disproportionate game in terms of difficulty, and its age really shows in the graphics even for a cell-shaded game. Also, the way the enemy AI is designed forces you to stick to jet mode during space missions, and GERWALK mode during "protect-the-stadium/bridge" levels--using any other modes gets you killed really fast. Still, I keep coming back to it again and again, because it's the only game I have where I could control a Valk.

Final Fantasy X: This game just didn't impress me and the voice acting made my ears bleed at times.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Journey to Jaburo

Final Fantasy XIII: Almost finished with this game but just not enjoying my experience with it. The plot is confusing and hard to follow and many of the characters don't really stand out to me. Doesn't feel like an FF title to me.

Sonic Heroes (PS2)

Sonic Adventures 2 Battle (PS2) The Sonic and Shadow stages were cool but the other character stages just bugged me, especially the Eggman and Knuckles ones. Don't know why cheap rap music fits in with Knuckles. :huh:

Did I get a copy of SW:FU different from everyone else's? I played it on 360 and didn't run into any bugs.

I was thinking the same thing. Ill admit that the WII , PS2 and PSP versions are all basicall y the same port and very lacking compared to the visual spectacle that is the 360/PS3 version. I have the ultimate sith edition. I bought it around christmas and had people asking me where i had gotten some achievements. Little did i know that the extra DLC included on disc wasnt available to DL on XBL. I loved TFU. Its a great game that allows you to really do everything you wanted to do with the force since Dark forces 2.

I have been drawn in by any crappy game with the word Gundam in it... and believe me, 99.99% o them are sad excuses for computer software.

Me, too... especially anything with ground battles (I think I'm just in "Mechwarrior" withdrawal :rolleyes: ). I remember my brother, listening to me curse out "Gundam: Crossfire" and its crappy response while in the middle of a battle (bloody Xamel :angry: ), asking "If it sucks so much, why keep playing it?". And yet, I just couldn't stop...

If we'd gotten "Mobile Suit Gundam Battlefield Record U.C. 0081" in North America, I'd probably own it too. :p

Me, too... especially anything with ground battles (I think I'm just in "Mechwarrior" withdrawal :rolleyes: ). I remember my brother, listening to me curse out "Gundam: Crossfire" and its crappy response while in the middle of a battle (bloody Xamel :angry: ), asking "If it sucks so much, why keep playing it?". And yet, I just couldn't stop...

If we'd gotten "Mobile Suit Gundam Battlefield Record U.C. 0081" in North America, I'd probably own it too. :p

That Xamel mission's a real pain. :lol: Especially all the aircraft you have to shoot down, but are too high up to actually hit & are always too close to the border when they get within range.

Good times... :lol:

I think it's funny that there isn't any Gundam game that has mobile suits moving as fast as their animation counterparts.