The YF-1R Valk!

baronv

There are several pics of this "animation error" floating around on the net. The easiest to access is on the RObotech.com site in the YF-1R profile.

There are several pics of this "animation error" floating around on the net. The easiest to access is on the RObotech.com site in the YF-1R profile.

Once again: The YF-1R of Robotech IS NOT the same as the animation mistake!!!

The similarities:

Both feature a top-mounted laser and two side-mounted lasers.

The differences:

The animation mistake is simply just a VF-1A head with the two lasers on the side.

The YF-1R, meanwhile, also features a chin, a hexagonal eyepiece and vents on the side.

Although I know of no official acknowledgement, one and all are fairly certain that the animation mistake was Tommy Yune's inspiration for the YF-1R design. Which sucks*.

So, to answer Baronv's question, any screencap of the YF-1R from RT can only be found in the battlecry game.

I know someone around here has a cap of the animation mistake, because it was posted on the old forums. Someone should be by shortly to satisfy your request.

*And before anyone tries to chime in with "If Kawamori designed it you'd love it!" I must note that I've made mention of my dislike for the VF-1J head design numerous times. So 'nyah! :p

Is it an animation mistake?

I think it's a safe bet. I think there's a bit of a difference between the *ahem* VF-1R and, say, Max's tail missiles. But just to be safe, maybe somebody should bring this up with His Froatyness the next time there's an opportunity for Q&A.

Edited by bsu legato

Is it an animation mistake?

I think it's a safe bet. I think there's a bit of a difference between the *ahem8 VF-1R and, say, Max's tail missiles. But just to be safe, maybe somebody should bring this up with His Froatyness the next time there's an opportunity for Q&A.

the froating head laughs at the yf-1r.

the froating head laughs at the yf-1r.

We SO need a Photoshop of that... :D

I so concur with that

Is it an animation mistake? Has the Froating Head deemed it so? Maybe its there on purpose just like the missiles on Max's tail and the Orguss/Valk hybrid thingy.

That's why I put it in quotes in my first post there. I seriously doubt given how it shows up in two distinct shots that it really is an animation error. I would say it's a deliberate change just like Max's tail missiles (desinged by Ichiro Itano as Quel-Quallie killer), or the Orgus Valk.