is there a new 1/60 vf-1j yammie comin' out?

pondo

There is a new one coming but don't know if it's fixed. There's a standalone 1J, 1J with GBP, and a GBP standalone.

I was wondering, since there was no real information on it and it was a pre-order. I assumed it was a new deal.

DSC_1177.jpg

i don't get it. what's the deal?

i've had my 1/60 1J Hikaru for well over a year now,

with countless transformations and absolutely ZERO signs

of damage in the shoulders...

in fact, this model has long since proven itself to be

head and shoulders above any other VF-1 scale replica i've ever had,

and i've had them all, save for the 1/72 HCM.

despite their repeated engineering gaffes in the past,

YAMATO has been nothing short a total divine blessing for MACROSS fans.

i fully intend to be adding the 1S Fokker to my collection,

with the VF-11B, YF-19 and YF-21 thereafter...

ShaorinShichiriasLynnMinmay.jpg

Edited by Shaorin

I have to agree that Yamato has been a divine blessing for macross fans. I feel the same way.

You have to understand that when the first thing you buy is a vf-1s strike Valkyrie and it has broken shoulders out of the box, you tend to feel a bit differently.

It's like buying a top of the line sportscar that has a transmission failure rate of 50%. Sure, it looks awesome in the driveway but when only 50% of the ones off the line work, you tend to question the company and their motivations.

yeah I understand that this has been the experience or similar of a lot of people. I have been lucky so far. But even still is amazing work that Yamato has done with producing all of these incredibly nice macross figures. Really a dream come true in terms of sculpt, transformation and gimmick. My 1/48 Milia super is like probably the coolest toy I have ever had. The stuff dreams are made out of.

yeah I understand that this has been the experience or similar of a lot of people. I have been lucky so far. But even still is amazing work that Yamato has done with producing all of these incredibly nice macross figures. Really a dream come true in terms of sculpt, transformation and gimmick. My 1/48 Milia super is like probably the coolest toy I have ever had. The stuff dreams are made out of.

Agreed. What Bandai has done over the years of holding the license? Nothing, except the recent 1/100 Hi Metal VF-1, which I think Yamato's is much superior despite the fact that we might have shoulder problem.

IMO, QC problems have always been Yamato's Achilles Heel, and some of the problems are partly due to the way the parts were designed. If you look at the way VF-1 mold's shoulders were designed, it's not all that surprising that a few would tend to break during assembly. A thin sheet of plastic hinged with needle-thin pins isn't exactly the safest way to connect an arm to a Battroid's body, but I guess that's the trade-off for a complex, movie-accurate transforming figure.

Having said that, the majority of Yamato's designs have been spectacular, and the company remains one of my best hopes of seeing a movie-accurate figure of my favorite Valks released.

...If you look at the way VF-1 mold's shoulders were designed, it's not all that surprising that a few would tend to break during assembly. A thin sheet of plastic hinged with needle-thin pins isn't exactly the safest way to connect an arm to a Battroid's body, but I guess that's the trade-off for a complex, movie-accurate transforming figure.

at least it was easily remedied w/ the use of a non-knurled pin (0 reports of cracks/breakages w/ totally smooth pins and the non-knurled end of the pin for the initial releases). PLUS most of us we're able to get replacements...

...whereas compared to the same thinness of the DX VF-25's hinges that connect the chest to the shoulder plate to the backplate, w/c has been seen to break w/ the weight of the Super/Armor packs on the valk.

also, the v.2 VF-1's shoulder hinge is an independent part that can possibly be made thicker in the case that replacing the pin w/ a totally smooth one didn't work. On the VF-25, i believe the hinges are thin coz they needed to fit the shoulder/arm assembly, the neck and head inside when it's in fighter mode.

Edited by m0n5t3r

at least it was easily remedied w/ the use of a non-knurled pin (0 reports of cracks/breakages w/ totally smooth pins and the non-knurled end of the pin for the initial releases). PLUS most of us we're able to get replacements...

...whereas compared to the same thinness of the DX VF-25's hinges that connect the chest to the shoulder plate to the backplate, w/c has been seen to break w/ the weight of the Super/Armor packs on the valk.

also, the v.2 VF-1's shoulder hinge is an independent part that can possibly be made thicker in the case that replacing the pin w/ a totally smooth one didn't work. On the VF-25, i believe the hinges are thin coz they needed to fit the shoulder/arm assembly, the neck and head inside when it's in fighter mode.

Good point. I guess this whole QC issue could have been avoided if they'd only used non-knurled pins in the first place.

i don't get it. what's the deal?

i've had my 1/60 1J Hikaru for well over a year now,

with countless transformations and absolutely ZERO signs

of damage in the shoulders...

in fact, this model has long since proven itself to be

head and shoulders above any other VF-1 scale replica i've ever had,

and i've had them all, save for the 1/72 HCM.

despite their repeated engineering gaffes in the past,

YAMATO has been nothing short a total divine blessing for MACROSS fans.

i fully intend to be adding the 1S Fokker to my collection,

with the VF-11B, YF-19 and YF-21 thereafter...

There are some confirmed breakages of the 1J Hikaru. If the samples are like yours, fortunately for you, un-broken, then the toy is great. Having a broken hinge is not fun at all. Broken hinges tarnish the awesomeness of the V2 1/60 VF-1.