Official Yamato v.2 1/60 VF-1S TV Version

Macross World Daddy

I gotta go with the majority rule here and vote no. The differences between the TV and DYRL are so minute that it'd be like splitting hairs to release both. Slight differences in tampo printing probably doesn't warrant a completely new release. Of course, based on Yamato's track record, anything's possible...

not for a straight repaint but if it was otherwise distinguished. SE box art, both roy and hikaru pilot figures, maybe a little misa figure.

as it is, I have two hikaru vf-1j toys, I can just put hikaru in my weathered vf-1s and call it a day

I gotta go with the majority rule here and vote no. The differences between the TV and DYRL are so minute that it'd be like splitting hairs to release both. Slight differences in tampo printing probably doesn't warrant a completely new release. Of course, based on Yamato's track record, anything's possible...

there's a difference between thinking it's a good idea and willing to buy one. I'd say that most forumites here are completists. The only thing keeping them from getting one of each is cash.

And frankly, if Yamato can justify a $2300 SDFM, they can do a TV folker.

do you have any proof people are actually asking for these toys (web polls here don't count)

because every time they try making non Valkyries nobody buys them

Gosh, what, is this a courtroom in here? :lol:

While I don't actually have documented evidence, quite a few of my friends (physical offline ones) who also collect Macross figs say the non-VF figs they want are ironically the ones that Yamato never produces, those being the TV Regults, Glaugs, and Milia's Q-Rau. Even if there are only six of them, technically, I'm still not the only one who's willing to buy a Millia-type TV Q-Rau.

IMO, I think if there's any non-Valk that might stand a chance of selling at all it would be the TV version enemy mecha. Just my theory (so don't quote me on this), but I think most collectors are always on the lookout for a Regult or Glaug of the same scale to pose with their Valks for a diorama. And in the case of Milia's Q-Rau, IMO it has the added advantage of being the featured in one of the more memorable fights with Max inside the SDF-1--technically, it's a "pre-hero" mecha, except it's not a Valk. In fact, being a relative newcomer to Macross, I'd actually mistaken the red DYRL Q-Rau as the TV one (been ages since I watched SDF-Macross on TV as a kid), and genuinely intended to buy it to be paired in a fight with my TV Max VF-1A. It was only later that I realized the one Milia used on TV was green.

I can only speak for myself in regards to why I didn't buy the DYRL Q-Rau's; I didn't watch the anime as a kid, and it therefore holds no nostalgic value to me. As for the destroids, I didn't buy them due to cash constraints. I'm looking to at least complete my TV Valk collection before investing in other mecha.

I voted "Yes". I have Roy's DYRL VF-1S in both the V.1 & V.2 1/60's and the 1/48 scale. B))

Even though there is not a ton of difference between the DYRL & TV version, would be nice to have it & I agree with eugimon in it having a new Box art design & all things that make it a part of the SDF TV series!!

or the time. and if you're not a modeler, going out and buying all the supplies you need to do it right will quickly add up

I get that but at the price these toys are going at it is a faster/less painful way to get one and they do come with decals/stickers right?

Also you could pm one of the customizers here and ask to have it done also.

Just a thought B))

as it is, I have two hikaru vf-1j toys, I can just put hikaru in my weathered vf-1s and call it a day

That's what I did. Actually, I have my weathered Roy in battroid mode now, so I don't need the extra Hikaru. If I wanted a TV Roy pilot, then yes I see the necessity of a TV release.

I hate the TV clown hands, so my Roy DYRL? Strike and my weathered DYRL? Roy are enough for me. I am a completionist but I wouldn't buy this. I support Yamato and I always preorder but this time I voted no. This doesn't mean I'm against fans getting their loved scheme B))

do you have any proof people are actually asking for these toys (web polls here don't count)

because every time they try making non Valkyries nobody buys them

I would buy them!! Look at my avatar, would buy six of them :lol:

I'm serious...

Gosh, what, is this a courtroom in here? :lol:

While I don't actually have documented evidence, quite a few of my friends (physical offline ones) who also collect Macross figs say the non-VF figs they want are ironically the ones that Yamato never produces, those being the TV Regults, Glaugs, and Milia's Q-Rau. Even if there are only six of them, technically, I'm still not the only one who's willing to buy a Millia-type TV Q-Rau.

IMO, I think if there's any non-Valk that might stand a chance of selling at all it would be the TV version enemy mecha. Just my theory (so don't quote me on this), but I think most collectors are always on the lookout for a Regult or Glaug of the same scale to pose with their Valks for a diorama. And in the case of Milia's Q-Rau, IMO it has the added advantage of being the featured in one of the more memorable fights with Max inside the SDF-1--technically, it's a "pre-hero" mecha, except it's not a Valk. In fact, being a relative newcomer to Macross, I'd actually mistaken the red DYRL Q-Rau as the TV one (been ages since I watched SDF-Macross on TV as a kid), and genuinely intended to buy it to be paired in a fight with my TV Max VF-1A. It was only later that I realized the one Milia used on TV was green.

I can only speak for myself in regards to why I didn't buy the DYRL Q-Rau's; I didn't watch the anime as a kid, and it therefore holds no nostalgic value to me. As for the destroids, I didn't buy them due to cash constraints. I'm looking to at least complete my TV Valk collection before investing in other mecha.

I think what he is trying to get at is that Yamato can't legally cater to our market due to the HG/BW licensing stuff, and that our market is different than Japan's. I'd love to buy a mold accurate, TV Qrau, but it's obvious from Yamato, Bandai, and releases by other companies in Japan, that DYRL? is favored over the TV series. Also, unless the economic situation gets better in Japan, and labor costs in China decrease(which is the opposite of what's currently happening), I think a Valkyrie will always win over an enemy mecha when it comes to what item any given toy company in Japan decides to work on.

In fact I think there is a higher chance of a TV Qrau in a 1/100 Bandai line to complement the VF HI METAL line, over a new 1/60 Yamato versions, but even so, I think chances for a 1/100 Qrau are slim at this point too.

If there had been a choice between a TV Roy and the DYRL version to begin with I would have purchased the TV version. I'm quite tired of the DYRL releases honestly as the events of the movie are not as memorable because of the run time/lack of development.

The TV Roy also has different shoulder markings doesn't it? Also the coloured circles on the ankles on the DYRL Roy don't exactly match the shade of the TV screen shots to my knowledge.

I still don't get the whole point of color variant from off white to white for tv and dyrl. I could have missed it but is there any rigid documentation on the color of dyrl and tv valkyrie?

Takatoku did the tv valkyries in off white color, while bandai did the dyrl valkyries in white back in the old days.

When Yamato comes in, they did it the other way around.

I personally prefer all valkyries in off white color though, to defend the yellowing process on plastic and off white look much cooler with weathering feel.

Call me crazy but I'd buy two TV Roys. One to sit in TV super packs with Hikaru piloting to join Max and Maillia's 1Js and one with Roy without Superpacks to join Vermillion squad. Off course then I could leave my DYRL roy in DYRL superpacks to stay with the DYRL Skull squadron.

I think what he is trying to get at is that Yamato can't legally cater to our market due to the HG/BW licensing stuff, and that our market is different than Japan's. I'd love to buy a mold accurate, TV Qrau, but it's obvious from Yamato, Bandai, and releases by other companies in Japan, that DYRL? is favored over the TV series. Also, unless the economic situation gets better in Japan, and labor costs in China decrease(which is the opposite of what's currently happening), I think a Valkyrie will always win over an enemy mecha when it comes to what item any given toy company in Japan decides to work on.

In fact I think there is a higher chance of a TV Qrau in a 1/100 Bandai line to complement the VF HI METAL line, over a new 1/60 Yamato versions, but even so, I think chances for a 1/100 Qrau are slim at this point too.

Yeah, I also got the feeling that DYRL gets more love in Japan than the TV series.

But about the HG/BW licensing issue, I thought the whole problem was that characters and/or mecha featured in Robotech could not be marketed by another company in the US, although HG's copyrights holds no jurisdiction in Japan. There shouldn't be anything stopping Yamato and/or Bandai from legally producing and selling SDF-Macross merchandise domestically (Japan)--they just can't market them on US soil.

As for Milia's TV Q-Rau, I suspect our best chance of ever seeing one made by Yamato or Bandai is during an anniversary or commemoration event of the SDF-Macross TV series, but even then, it might just be a repackage of previously released VF-1's with some new accessories included like the Anniversary Plus set for DYRL's VF-1S Roy and VF-1S Hikaru.

Still holding a candle for Millia's TV Rau, but I'm honestly not keeping my hopes up.

I voted "Yes". I have Roy's DYRL VF-1S in both the V.1 & V.2 1/60's and the 1/48 scale. B))

Even though there is not a ton of difference between the DYRL & TV version, would be nice to have it & I agree with eugimon in it having a new Box art design & all things that make it a part of the SDF TV series!!

I voted yes also, and just like airborne I've got all of the Roy variants/editions.

But if they did release one in the vein of eugimon's idea, i'd buy yet another but that one would stay boxed.

At least till I got the rest fo the TV versions. :lol:

besides the head arrow being black instead of yellow, am I right to say the TV versions should be bright white (a la Hikaru TV?)

At least that's how Yamato interprets the cleaner white on SDFM compared to the darker DYRL? palette.

If the TV Fokker is bright white and not off white, would that make it more interesting? I'd probably get one, especially if it comes with the new swing bar attachment under the nose cone.

Edited by regult

Give us some cool extras or a figure or two and some nice box art and I would be in.......maybe some little "repair arms" that attach to the main arm somehow for the VF-1D repair scene???? ^_^ OR a battle damaged version of when he gets nailed right before he kicks the bucket...that would be sweet....

Edited by derex3592

The description says "一条 辉", so the figure included is TV Hikaru. Makes sense, as Roy never did live long enough to see the booby ducks. It would have been perfect if they gave us a TV roy figure as well...

And a Misa to place on Hikura's lap... :p

While I realize the accessories breakdown lists "Hikaru Ichijo for cockpit", the link in the corner still clearly has ロイ・フォッカー. So I guess this is an intentional mislead hoping to grab TV Roy fans even though there is no TV Roy pilot included. Oh well..