The PS3 thread

Gaijin

Mid air refueling was just too slow for me, yes I realize its mildly realistic but I prefer Ace Combat where you just gun it up to the refuling craft and slow down at the last second. For refuling in Hawx 2 as long as you dont touch anything but R1 and L1 for fine adjustments you should do fine.

Edited by dizman

I tried the HAWX 2 demo, I feel it's a definite improvement over the first game. I like how they give you full control in "Assistance-Off", though it still feels pretty clumsy. Mid-air refueling was pretty nerve-racking the first time, but I think I got the hang of it on second play-through. On the carrier landing, I couldn't tell if my landing gears were down =\. Game tells me to bring down landing gears, I press a button, I take a quick look with the right analog stick, gears are still up. Press it again, look once more, still up. I was ready to pull back up until the game took over for me...

I'm not really one to spot any missing details, but so far, I like what I see. It's definitely much more fun than the first game, though I'll wait and see how Ace Combat turns out.

Scott Pilgrim on PS3 is so much fun multiplayer... get some friends together and its all "blam!" instant fun. It is so old school it makes me wish I had more quarters for it.

The game's damn fun. My only gripes with the game is probably the inability to attack backwards in midst of a combo attack on an enemy in front of you (maybe you'll get this upon leveling up, I'm not sure). Also, the ol' dualshock 2 doesn't work with this game :(.

Edited by shiroikaze

Being "stuck" in attack combos/animations is my biggest gripe. You really have to kind of "stop and let go" if anyone approaches from behind. But it works so rarely/slowly it's usually better to just keep on punching, take the guy out, and take the hit from the guy behind. In the long run, that's the better option.

Does anyone know where I can find spare parts to repair some damage for a Sixaxis controller? One of the trigger buttons stopped working correctly, and after dismantling it, the problem may be a loop spring that broke. Some guy at Radio Shack said to try hobby stores, but are there any other options?

Medialink is a third party software you can get for $20. It will basically allow the PS3 to read everything on your computer wirelessly. And if it can be played on your laptop using codecs or as i use VLC, it will play seemlessly on the PS3. I haven't convereted any MKVs or OGMs yet they play well on my PS3, the only real issues is that you may need to limit your computer use while streaming so not to interrupt the wireless signal.

okay, yeah thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

1. "Ico 3/Shadow of the Colossus 2" AKA "The Last Guardian" has a new trailer:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/09/15/the-last-guardian-coming-to-ps3-holiday-2011-watch-the-new-trailer/

2. The Ico/Shadow of the Colossus HD remake has a trailer, and they're claiming it'll even have 3D support:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/09/15/ico-and-shadow-of-the-colossus-collection-hits-ps3-spring-2011-with-3d/

1. "Ico 3/Shadow of the Colossus 2" AKA "The Last Guardian" has a new trailer:

http://blog.us.plays...he-new-trailer/

2. The Ico/Shadow of the Colossus HD remake has a trailer, and they're claiming it'll even have 3D support:

http://blog.us.plays...g-2011-with-3d/

Excited for both to come. Shadow of Colossus came out during my frugal living phase of life and I never was able to pick it up. Right now I'm waiting for Vanquish, Enslaved, and Fallout New Vegas to come out. I'm kinda meh on the new Ace Combat but will hold judgement until more details and a demo become available.

• 2 weeks later...

So I picked up PS Move just for kicks. I hate to admit it, but I really like it. Not being a fan of motion control, this was a heck of a lot better than the Wii. The Sports Champions gives you a glimpse of how accurate it can get. I look forward playing Heavy Rain and RE5 Gold with this.

I'd like Okami in HD with Move control too.

5070851219_692e48d2aa_b.jpg

For you Star Wars people.

i suppose this is for another game altogether as force unleashed 2 is already due out this month. any links to previews for this game?

i already have 2 motion controllers, but if they come out with one that's shaped like a lightsaber hilt, i don't think i'll be able to resist getting it as well. even better, if they make the orb replaceable with a lighted "blade" :D

No news on Move support yet. I'm thinking it's a fan's wishful thinking. There would be a Move ball somewhere on there. I picked up the Move myself and like it ok. Top of my list would be a lightsaber 1:1 game and a prequel to Heavenly Sword where you're the original Heavenly Warrior.

Finally got passed the Boss Batch 3 glitch on GoW2 and got the platinum:

Uxi.png

No news on Move support yet. I'm thinking it's a fan's wishful thinking. There would be a Move ball somewhere on there.

Yes, I thought it was a funny mock up though. I bet people would buy it just on the novelty alone.

So, I've been playing The Force Unleashed II. Yes, I love Star Wars, and yes, I love killing things with lightsabers and Force powers. Doesn't mean I can't be unbiased.

It's nowhere near as bad as reviews are making it out to be. Is it shorter? Yes, I think so, but I can't say by how much. I am expecting them to tack on alot of DLC because they know Star Wars fans will pay. Sucks, but it is what it is. Is the gameplay better? Yes. Are the graphics better? Yes. Loading, menus, switching gear, all vastly improved. Where is it weak? The story is almost non-existent for half of the game, and it's not as strong as the first game's story. Two of the zones are overly long, and really needed to have that content take place elsewhere. All of that said, I have a blast playing it. I didn't play through both releases of JKII dozens of times because I was desperately in love with their stories; it's that I get to play as a Jedi, and all that it entails. Same with TFUI&II.

My feelings on the ending (both of them):

The "good" ending: they didn't handle the situation with Juno well, it was just rather lame; the "bad" ending: it would have been far more epic if the "other" Starkiller was the real deal, fully turned to the Dark Side.

So, I've been playing The Force Unleashed II. Yes, I love Star Wars, and yes, I love killing things with lightsabers and Force powers. Doesn't mean I can't be unbiased.

It's nowhere near as bad as reviews are making it out to be. Is it shorter? Yes, I think so, but I can't say by how much. I am expecting them to tack on alot of DLC because they know Star Wars fans will pay. Sucks, but it is what it is. Is the gameplay better? Yes. Are the graphics better? Yes. Loading, menus, switching gear, all vastly improved. Where is it weak? The story is almost non-existent for half of the game, and it's not as strong as the first game's story. Two of the zones are overly long, and really needed to have that content take place elsewhere. All of that said, I have a blast playing it. I didn't play through both releases of JKII dozens of times because I was desperately in love with their stories; it's that I get to play as a Jedi, and all that it entails. Same with TFUI&II.

My feelings on the ending (both of them):

The "good" ending: they didn't handle the situation with Juno well, it was just rather lame; the "bad" ending: it would have been far more epic if the "other" Starkiller was the real deal, fully turned to the Dark Side.

I've just been playing the demo and it wasn't really what I expected. The trailers made it more epic than it really is. I wish the lightsaber physics were more real. (METAL GEAR SOLID RISING CUTTING SYSTEM) Sure it's cool to see limbs and heads flying but the saber batting enemies around is still there. You should be able to kill normal troopers with one hit. Sure that might make it a bit easy but you ARE a powerhouse Jedi after all. All those fancy lightsaber moves should really dice up an enemy so let us do that. Let us force push the left over pieces at their comrades! lol Jedi mind trick is funny the first time but it's boring and useless IMO. Are there parts in the game (besides the first time you use it) where you HAVE to use it in order to achieve a goal of some sort? I wish we can force crush anything rather than just Tie fighters and AT-STs.

Jedi mind trick is funny the first time but it's boring and useless IMO. Are there parts in the game (besides the first time you use it) where you HAVE to use it in order to achieve a goal of some sort?

Besides the achievement? No, not at all.

Good lord, I hope the rumors about Firefox coming to the PS3 are true, because the browser that came with the 60GB system sucks.

This post has been written using the PS3's browse.

Do you want to run the plugin?

:ph34r: