The PS3 thread

Gaijin

I really liked Battlefield Bad Company 2. I dare say it was better than Modern Warfare 2... it wasn't as overly dramatic or as dark, and the squad in Bad Company is both more memorable and more likable. But in some cases, it's just more of the same thing... and War for Cybertron is looking awfully good...

Well, I broke down and ended up buying Battlefield. I didn't want to waste a month of summer waiting for a game that may or may not be good.

Finished the story, and it was pretty satisfying, though it kind left me feeling like I had accomplished nothing from start to finish. Just

started the multiplayer, and boy o boy, this beats Modern Warfare 2 by a longshot. I started with the recon kit, and i am loving it. Its so fun

to snipe, and each kill is a lot more satisfying than in MW2. m24 ftw!

Edited by Archer

• 3 weeks later...

I know it might be only a dream, but did sony say anything about ace combat for ps3?

Namco has been silent on AC on PS3 for awhile. There was the rumor that AC7 would be on PS3, but not a word in over two years.

This reminds me of Zone of the Enders 3. Rumored years ago, not really a single word years after. <_<

Kojima has an exclusive PS3 game to unveil at Tokyo Game Show. It was going to be unveiled at E3, but he wanted the demo to be perfect. It's going to be a big title.

Just got my first platinum trophy (God of War). Going to finish up God of War 2, then move on to GoW 3. Somewhere in here, I'll finish up the Platinum for Force Unleashed (before TFU2) and Yakuza 3 (awesome game).

Uxi.png

• 1 month later...

Well, my 80gb PS3 bricked yesterday. I will be attempting Gilsky's YLOD reflow repair either today or tomorrow. Updates will be forthcoming...

:(

Aw man that sucks. The reflow repair looks easy enough but good luck anyway...

It is definitely easy enough. Sony made the PS3 guts very accessible and easily assembled and disassembled. Unfortunately the YLOD fix is not be permanent and will only buy you time (mine lasted about a month). Get a good backup first thing. Then do what you want, but I'd advise deactivating unless you want to keep doing it (one guy I know has done it 7 times before reflowing wouldn't fix it anymore).

Just got my first platinum trophy (God of War). Going to finish up God of War 2, then move on to GoW 3. Somewhere in here, I'll finish up the Platinum for Force Unleashed (before TFU2) and Yakuza 3 (awesome game).

Uxi.png

I applaud you. I just finished God of War on Normal and have absolutely no desire to play it on anything higher than that. I like the game and the combat was great, I just found some of the challenges extremely annoying. I have gotten the Platinum trophy for Uncharted 2 though. It's the only game I've liked enough so far to bother trying to get a platinum trophy. I was hoping I'd of liked FFXIII enough to try for it, but I don't :(

Well, my 80gb PS3 bricked yesterday. I will be attempting Gilsky's YLOD reflow repair either today or tomorrow. Updates will be forthcoming...

:(

Good luck with the fix...mine bricked a few months ago (or rather, it would only play standard DVD, no Blu-ray or games) so I just ended up buying the newer slim 250G. :angry:

-b.

I applaud you. I just finished God of War on Normal and have absolutely no desire to play it on anything higher than that. I like the game and the combat was great, I just found some of the challenges extremely annoying. I have gotten the Platinum trophy for Uncharted 2 though. It's the only game I've liked enough so far to bother trying to get a platinum trophy. I was hoping I'd of liked FFXIII enough to try for it, but I don't :(

That's one a bit outdated. I'm about 15% into level 8 now. 70 some percent on GoW2 (finished Challenge of the Titans) and 5% on GoW3. Got a bit GoW'ed out and moved on first to Transformers: War for Cyberton and now back to Red Dead Redemption. Probably round out the Plat for GoW2 then finish up 3.

How are peoples PS3s bricking? Do you lose power during a save or firmware update? I have unreliable power and its always been a nightmare scenario of mine. damn I hope my PS3 never bricks, now i`ve finally converted all my mkvs and ogms to mpg I use it for everything now.

How are peoples PS3s bricking? Do you lose power during a save or firmware update? I have unreliable power and its always been a nightmare scenario of mine. damn I hope my PS3 never bricks

Well, update 2.41 did not brick but overclocked my cheap blu-ray rom in my Launch PS3 so it burnt out (symptoms similar to the PS2 disc read error) and two of my friends had their launch PS3 power supplies fail because they're cheap and underrated for all the power draw. That's just from my personal experience though.

Well, the repair worked, for the time being. Got the game out and will do backups a little more regularly. :D

Million Star- My PS3 started acting up after the 3.20 update. The fan would be running high after about 30 seconds to a minute of use, and it just all around didn't sound good. Then, on Friday, my wife was playing a game for a while earlier and when I came back to turn the system off about an hour later, no joy. Thing wouldn't even boot. Fan revs for about a second, then the YLOD, beep-beep-bee-, and then the dreaded flashing red light.