Just Got Yamato'ed by Gamlin's VF-22S...

GU-11

I bought the Gamlin VF-22S Sturmvogel II a few months ago, and due to its complex transformation, decided to leave it in its box until I could find some time to work on it. That time was yesterday, and during the last part of the transformation to battroid (opening the cowl to reveal the head) I discovered that the bottom part of the nose won't slide back like it's supposed to. It seems to have been stuck or glued to the upper cockpit portion. I'm lucky to have been able to at least open the cowl and complete the transformation. Except for the fact that the nose doesn't slide up, it looks fine on display--honestly, I'd feel a lot better if I didn't pay almost 300 USD for this thing.

While it's not exactly the end of the world, it really galls me that I forked out all that cash for a fig with such blatant and utterly stupid QC problems. I mean, how could something as obvious as that get passed through QC? I bet the factory workers could have sent a Barney the Dinosaur plush toy down the conveyor belt and the idiot QC inspector wouldn't have been the wiser!

To add insult to injury, it's been a few months since I bought the fig, and there's virtually no way the store owner is going agree to replace it. He did open the box up for me to check for damage, defects, and broken parts, of which there were none, so I can't really put up an argument. While it would have been impossible to transform the fig at the store, I guess it's still my fault for not giving the fig a thorough check when I got home.

I guess one lesson I'll be taking with me from this is to never procrastinate in checking my purchases.

I don't suppose there are any remedies for this, or am I gonna have to live with this? Thinner to dissolve the glue or something?

BTW, anyone else got Yamato'ed the same way?