VF-0 toys?

one_one

Yes , the VF-1 was already in production during M0 events , mass production begins on November 2007 , while M0 events are set on September 2008 onwards (until SW1).

so, there is a chance we see a VF1 in the M0 ep.3 ? (I haven't seen any M0 ep yet. Going to buy the DVDs swhen the three are availlable.)

So, about toys : there is two VF1 versions :

- TV series

- DYRL

- maybe a M0 version? If yes, it should be a VF0 (<- lol) 1/48 as well?

I just wonder how technically, for a toy, they will do for the length of the nose. have you seen this nose? Bloody long. Good luck !

Yes , it is fairly possible that we´ll see the VF-1 by the end of this 5 epsiode OVA series . If we do see the VF-1 I doubt we´ll see the same VF-1 we are used to (they changed the design a bit for DYRL , why wouldn´t they chage it for M0 ?).

I´m hoping they go with 1/60 for the M0 toys as the perfect edition toy (ala 1/48) , in addition to a 1/72 mass production toy line. If they just release one line though I would want it to be 1/60.

I'd love to see an updated VF-1. Althougth most would probably prefer to see it unchanged I think a modern perspective would be great to see. Also I think seeing it done CGI would be intresting.

Actually, there is one... Mitsubishis Model A6M is much better known as the "Rei-Sen", or "Year 00 model", or simply "Zero"...
well.....like all Russian fighters being called Migs all WWII fighters were called Zeros regardless whether they are the type or not. It's hard to blame the casual observer as the Nakajima Ki-84 looked like a Zero.

Even Japanese cars may spot that designation like NSX Type S-Zero.

First, to stay on topic, since Kawamori-san models his Valkyrie designation loosely on the modern U.S. style, my "nitpicks" are with this in mind.

Second (to hellohikaru), your comment on WWII Zeros is way off, as far as I can tell. "Zero" referred to the Mitsubishi A6M series specifically. And not all Russian fighters are called MiGs (at least not accurately). The term MiG refers specifically to aircraft designed/manufactured by the Mikoyan-Gurevich Design Bureau.

Edited by Draykov

Actually, there is one... Mitsubishis Model A6M is much better known as the "Rei-Sen", or "Year 00 model", or simply "Zero"...
well.....like all Russian fighters being called Migs all WWII fighters were called Zeros regardless whether they are the type or not. It's hard to blame the casual observer as the Nakajima Ki-84 looked like a Zero.

Even Japanese cars may spot that designation like NSX Type S-Zero.

First, to stay on topic, since Kawamori-san models his Valkyrie designation loosely on the modern U.S. style, my "nitpicks" are with this in mind.

Second (to hellohikaru), your comment on WWII Zeros is way off, as far as I can tell. "Zero" referred to the Mitsubishi A6M series specifically. And not all Russian fighters are called MiGs (at least not accurately). The term MiG refers specifically to aircraft designed/manufactured by the Mikoyan-Gurevich Design Bureau.

"Zero" did indeed refer to the A6M, but hellohiakru isn't far off - one book I have on WWII aircraft tells how Allied pilots would report "Oscar-type Zeroes".

Draykov, I understand what you're saying but I guess Kawamori was just as attracted to the name as many other anime creators before him, regardless of the "realistic" designations.

"Zero" did indeed refer to the A6M, but hellohiakru isn't far off - one book I have on WWII aircraft tells how Allied pilots would report "Oscar-type Zeroes".

Yes, but now we're getting into the realm of inaccurate interpretations which is getting further and further away from my original point. The U.S. Naval nicknames for the Zero were things like "Zeke" and "Hamp" depending on the variant (A6M2/3/5/6, etc.) but I'm just nerding out here, so I'll stop. :rolleyes:

Draykov, I understand what you're saying but I guess Kawamori was just as attracted to the name as many other anime creators before him, regardless of the "realistic" designations.

Yeah, it doesn't bother me too much...the Project Supernova planes should've been designated as YVF-21/19 and yet I've never bitched about that. Ultimately it isn't really important...it is a fictional piece of work after all.

Edited by Draykov

There have already been two threads arguing about how the VF-0 relates to the VF-1, which one is "more advanced", etc. For reference, here are the links:

Does it bug anyone else?

Valkyrie Development History

A lot of ground was covered in those threads (especially the second).

Edit: But I'd like to draw out one point. Aegis writes:

Yes , the VF-1 was already in production during M0 events , mass production begins on November 2007 , while M0 events are set on September 2008 onwards (until SW1)

While the

Chronology has:

September

Macross Zero

The United Nations government and Anti-United Nations forces secretly deploy the VF-0 and SV-51 respectively while disputing over a recently discovered phenomenon on the island of Mayan in the South Pacific Ocean. (The events are kept secret for at least five decades.)

November

All-environ variable fighter VF-1 series mass production begins.

November 23

Rollout of the first trial production VF-1A variable fighter.

November 29

Maiden flight of the first trial production VF-1A variable fighter.

The dates Aegis uses in his argument may have been correct at one time, but they do not match the current official chronology.

Edited by ewilen

ups sorry , my mistake , I read the following :

January 20

Conclusion of United Nations Wars.

January

Training center for SDF-1 crew established on South Ataria Island.

February

The VF-X nontransformable flight test vehicle as well as the VF-X1 prototype variable fighter begins first flight tests.

Rollout of MBR-04-Mk I.

March

Stationing of Destroids aboard the SLV-111 Daedalus begins.

May

Construction on Grand Cannon V begins in the Brazilian Autonomous Region in South America.

June

Space tests of the VF-X1 begins.

November

Decision made to formally adopt the VF-X1. VF-1 series mass production [scheduled to] begin.

Rollout of MBR-04-Mk VI [Mk III] Tomahawk

Either way , it´s fairly possible we´ll see a renewed VF-1 by the end of M0.

ups sorry , my mistake , I read the following :

January 20

Conclusion of United Nations Wars.

January

Training center for SDF-1 crew established on South Ataria Island.

February

The VF-X nontransformable flight test vehicle as well as the VF-X1 prototype variable fighter begins first flight tests.

Rollout of MBR-04-Mk I.

March

Stationing of Destroids aboard the SLV-111 Daedalus begins.

May

Construction on Grand Cannon V begins in the Brazilian Autonomous Region in South America.

June

Space tests of the VF-X1 begins.

November

Decision made to formally adopt the VF-X1. VF-1 series mass production [scheduled to] begin.

Rollout of MBR-04-Mk VI [Mk III] Tomahawk

Either way , it´s fairly possible we´ll see a renewed VF-1 by the end of M0.

I'm crossing my fingers. Something inside of me hopes that we'll see Shin serving aboard the Macross near the end of the series, especially after seeing that little OSX Flash error thing with the MZero webpage.

I know what you mean that some Japanese WWII planes were Oscars, Hayates Rufe.etc but they were just called Zeros by allied pilots.

same for the Russian jets which although could be Sukhois or Yaks were simply called "Migs". This was the case with the F-14 downing of 2 Libyan Fitters which the press initally reported as being Migs whether specific or not ;)