Character Art Appreciation Thread III

Vepariga

son, I am disappoint...

Sorry to go off topic for a sec, and this is not directed at you specifically, but I really don't understand why it's trendy to type weird grammar phrases like I AM DISAPPOINT and OBVIOUS TROLL IS OBVIOUS or other redundancies. I get BTW and LOL for convenience but PWNED and EPIC FAIL are just... augh. I sometimes feel like I'm in a cyberspace-based, 21st century version of the movie "Clueless" with their "What-EVERR" and "'COS I'M KEEPIN' IT REAL, 'COS I'M KEEPIN' IT REAL" mannerisms. OK, rant over, back to work...

It's all a part of the internet trolling culture. I, too, have fallen into the ranks. I want to say that maybe it's because you live in Japan, Renato, but... this is all on the internet; your location doesn't have anything to do with it. Guess that means you've grown out of that kind of nonsense. One of my current proverbs is "You know you're getting old when all of the new stuff that comes out seems like worthless crap to you."

It's all a part of the internet trolling culture. I, too, have fallen into the ranks. I want to say that maybe it's because you live in Japan, Renato, but...

Nothing to do with Japan - I find internet "Speak" tiring as well. I jumped off the cool/trendy bus after LOL...

Things are unique and funny when it just a few people doing it. A bunch of grown men showing interest and making joke pictures of cartoon meant for little girls is very entertaining when it was just a joke at few sites. When everyone starts to make it a big Internet trendy thing it totally loses the novelty. It is no longer unique or funny.

Technically you could try to claim anything is Macross Related by throwing Macross elements in a photo. I'm not saying a total ban on Ponies. Macross is still the priority. Any Pony pictures better be super relevant and not "Oh look at the pretty Ponies. Look how wonderful Bonies we are contest".

Things are unique and funny when it just a few people doing it. A bunch of grown men showing interest and making joke pictures of cartoon meant for little girls is very entertaining when it was just a joke at few sites. When everyone starts to make it a big Internet trendy thing it totally loses the novelty. It is no longer unique or funny.

Technically you could try to claim anything is Macross Related by throwing Macross elements in a photo. I'm not saying a total ban on Ponies. Macross is still the priority. Any Pony pictures better be super relevant and not "Oh look at the pretty Ponies. Look how wonderful Bonies we are contest".

Fair enough.

Although I don't really care either way, why did you lock the Pony thread in the OFF-TOPIC forum? I'm just curious... this is kind of like that aquarium thread issue a few months back.

Oh yeah, that Sheryl figurine? NICE. :D

Edited by frothymug

god, dont get me started on that. I had to google a lot of sh*t just to get insight... my fish are doing ok atm.

Edited by TehPW

Sheryl Strikes Back!

1105.jpg

Normally I don't collect figurines, but Sheryl looks so fine in that flightsuit that I might make an exception for this one. Now I just have to find out who has it, and will I have to break my bank account to have it.