Character Art Appreciation Thread III

Vepariga

No, I just don't like what they did with the VF-25 at all and I think her face looks strange.

I gotta agree, the designs are terrible. Made Sheryl look like a dude with a terrible version of Nora's helmet, and the armor is "w-e-a-k."

I strongly disagree. I liked the artist maximalism and his approach to portrait a more high tech looking version of the Messiah, as well as his choice of the SV-51 helmet with Mayan markings for Sheryl... That's by far my favorite helmet design from the Macross series. B))

I strongly disagree. I liked the artist maximalism and his approach to portrait a more high tech looking version of the Messiah, as well as his choice of the SV-51 helmet with Mayan markings for Sheryl... That's by far my favorite helmet design from the Macross series. B))

IMO it doesn’t look like a more high tech looking version of the VF-25, it looks like a melting VF-25 -_-

IMO it doesn’t look like a more high tech looking version of the VF-25, it looks like a melting VF-25 -_-

Thank you. I couldn't quite name what I disliked about it but now I see it. It looks like you took a VF100 armored VF-25 toy and stuck it in a microwave. :p

Thank you. I couldn't quite name what I disliked about it but now I see it. It looks like you took a VF100 armored VF-25 toy and stuck it in a microwave. :p

"Melting"? LOL... Guys... I think I can figure out now your opinion of Zentradi designs... B))

Btw... Here, have some Wilder... post-7862-0-42103000-1320461960_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Actually if you're a young woman in your prime (like Sheryl is) and you practice yoga or gymnastics, the angle on her spine is not impossible (improbable yes).

Hmmmmm...A very flexable Sheyl.......I like where this going.... :wub:.

post-351-0-25229700-1320731174_thumb.jpg

I still like the image of Grace in the first title sequence of the series. She has such a "poor suffering secretary of a diva" look.

I thought that was the best thing about Grace, and one of the better points of the series plot in general. Long-suffering manager to someone like Sheryl, Belldandy's voice, so nice and sympathetic and perfect for lulling the audience into thinking she's the last person that will end up the main villain. In a franchise where antagonists usually march in with badge on sleeves, it set a fine tone for being a show that wanted to play with fan expectations.

post-10235-0-98133800-1320994766_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...