Character Art Appreciation Thread III

Vepariga

Kronnang can probably explain it a bit better than I can, but the gist of it is that there is an author out there who has been writing a Macross side-story set in and around the first Space War, where a pilot befriends a Meltran during the war. He creates excellent works of art as companions to his stories and Kronnang is always the one who's posting them.

Kronnang can probably explain it a bit better than I can, but the gist of it is that there is an author out there who has been writing a Macross side-story set in and around the first Space War, where a pilot befriends a Meltran during the war. He creates excellent works of art as companions to his stories and Kronnang is always the one who's posting them.

Yeah, hehe. I always find them in PIXIV and post the links to the images in Danbooru. They are awesome...

Somebody even made a figure based on the Meltran chic... she's been called Inui's Meltran on Danbooru...post-7862-129593268506_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

• 4 weeks later...

Shall we prepare for the birth of the first sign of peace?

post-13484-129877293777_thumb.jpgpost-13484-129877642237_thumb.jpgpost-13484-129877644422_thumb.jpg

http://macross.anime.net/story/chronology/2010/index.html

that reminds me of something i've been meaning to discuss; that little girl is supposed to be Mylene Jenius of MACROSS 7 fame, right?

if so, then how in the world does her hair change from the green tone of her early childhood to the bubblegum pink

of her late teenage years?

perhaps somewhere in puberty she decided that those leafy green tresses are like SO NOT HAPPENING,

and started using pink hair coloring kits on her hair and eyebrows for the hot-n'-Kawaii look?

Edited by Shaorin

that reminds me of something i've been meaning to discuss; that little girl is supposed to be Mylene Jenius of MACROSS 7 fame, right?

if so, then how in the world does her hair change from the green tone of her early childhood to the bubblegum pink

of her late teenage years?

perhaps somewhere in puberty she decided that leafy green is SO NOT HAPPENING and started using pink hair coloring kits on her hair and eyebrows for the hot-n'Kawaii look?

No, this is the oldest sister, Komilia Jenius. Mylene is the youngest. By the time of Macross 7, Komilia is well over 30.

Komilia is in the upper-left corner (standing) in this picture. Mylene is the little baby in the center. Emilia, from the Macross 7 movie, is the green-haired one standing in front of Max.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/97/The_Jenius_Family.jpg

Edited by Talos

No, this is the oldest sister, Komilia Jenius. Mylene is the youngest. By the time of Macross 7, Komilia is well over 30.

Komilia is in the upper-left corner (standing) in this picture. Mylene is the little baby in the center. Emilia, from the Macross 7 movie, is the green-haired one standing in front of Max.

You're using the wrong pic...this is the correct one:

post-939-129885563883_thumb.jpg

yup, komilia grows up to be just as hot as milia.

seems the XX genes are stronger than the XY genes.

no mini max(es).

yup, komilia grows up to be just as hot as milia.

seems the XX genes are stronger than the XY genes.

no mini max(es).

Apparently, the gist of it is that Zentraedi genes are extremely dominant when choosing the sex of interracial children. Poor Max... you'd think that he'd request that they use this "infinite genetic knowledge" acquired from the Protoculture to alter the development of one of his kids while its sex has not yet been determined by the development process. Oh well... maybe he just didn't like to mess with the genes of his kids... or he didn't mind the fact that he would not have any sons. I might be inclined to make that concession if I had the hots for a gorgeous alien woman.

Oh well... maybe he just didn't like to mess with the genes of his kids... or he didn't mind the fact that he would not have any sons. I might be inclined to make that concession if I had the hots for a gorgeous alien woman.

Just imagine how much fun he must have had fulfilling his fatherly obligation of terrorizing their boyfriends... most dads can't use the threat of a standing army, unlimited access to heavily-armed giant robots, and a huge stockpile of thermonuclear weapons to make sure nobody tries anything funny with their daughters.:D

We all hear the stories of fathers in rural towns greeting potential suitors to their daughters by sitting on the front porch, polishing the family shotgun. My father told me of when he went to pick up my mother on their first date... My mother is Nicaraguan. Down there, they don't really use shotguns. My father told me that her father was sitting on the front porch, cleaning his MACHETE.

I could totally see Max polishing his VF's gunpod as some pimply-faced teenage boy disembarks from his busted-ass conveyance to pick one of his daughters up for a date.