Character Art Appreciation Thread III

Vepariga

<_<

Huh. I thought we'd all agreed on not uploading Chronicle stuff, in hopes that they'll make a book collection...

We did... or at least, I thought we were just holding off until Macross Chronicle finished its print run. Either way, yeah...

Hornet, I approve of your sexy avatar. ;)

Thanks I got it off of a website when I was searching around for the 1/60 Millia I now have. I saved two of the pics of Mai and chose the one you see now here is the original I know it's not Macross related but it's for misaforever to see

post-269-12833810756_thumb.jpg

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

I was scanning some stuff from the This is Animation: Macross 7 book that I got in Akiba recently and figured since I had this nice scan of Milia anyway, maybe I should post it here for everyone else to see. It's an early concept piece for her in Macross 7. The others are interesting, like Mylene with her mother's hair color, Gubaba as a ferret-like creature or all-grey, blond Basara, etc.

Enjoy! ^_^

post-5201-128511368596_thumb.jpg

Edited by Talos

I was scanning some stuff from the This is Animation: Macross 7 book that I got in Akiba recently and figured since I had this nice scan of Milia anyway, maybe I should post it here for everyone else to see. It's an early concept piece for her in Macross 7. The others are interesting, like Mylene with her mother's hair color, Gubaba as a ferret-like creature or all-grey, blond Basara, etc.

Enjoy! ^_^

WOW!!!

AMAZING FINDINGS!!! :ph34r:

More, please...

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Enjoy! ^_^

That's a lovely look for Miria, but I guess they decided that she wouldn't look old enough for the Macross 7 timeline.

That's a lovely look for Miria, but I guess they decided that she wouldn't look old enough for the Macross 7 timeline.

The other things that stand out to me here are that she's wearing a military uniform (instead of her mayoral civilian clothes in 7) and the UN kite on her shoulder is red and white. Most of the others (Max's and Gamlin's, for instance) are Macross II-style red and gold, which makes sense since they were probably drawn shortly after Mikimoto finished his work on that show (Macross M3 has the same color insignia too). Also of note is Max's dress uniform in the concept art has a Skull patch on his left breast.

I'll try to scan another one later tonight. I'm trying to avoid destroying the book, which makes clean scans difficult. The Milia one becomes massively distorted about two inches to the left of the art there due to page curvature towards the spine, so I got lucky.

Hmm, what next? Blond Basara, Green-haired Mylene, or Max with a Skull patch and Macross II kite (but basically like his finished self)?