Character Art Appreciation Thread III

Vepariga

There's much needed Zentradi fan art on PIXIV... Here's some of the best stuff I just found...

post-7862-127848726621_thumb.jpg post-7862-127848786299_thumb.jpg

How do you guys search through PixIV? I tried to use the English translation tool from Google and then no pictures show up - without it I can't make any sense of the page...

How do you guys search through PixIV? I tried to use the English translation tool from Google and then no pictures show up - without it I can't make any sense of the page...

Here is a neat little guide I found to get you started. Hope this helps!

Well... I had trouble using it at first, but with Google translator I managed to understand the menu interface. As for the search bar, you should use wikipedia to get the proper japanese spelling of what you are looking for.

For example, at first I used the "Macross" romanization... many options were displayed. However, when I used the original japanese spelling "マクロス" waay more pages of art were displayed.

For Zentradi fan art I typed "ゼントラーディ" (Zentorādi). And for Macross mecha I used "マクロス メカ" (Makurosu meka).

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

post-11581-127856425818_thumb.jpg

I found this rather amusing. :p

Suddenly, I have the strangest urge to join the U.N. Spacy...

(Max and Kakizaki are clearly liking what they see too. :D )

Not bad, Nexx. The only thing I would change would be the reflective bits on the ends of his limbs plus on the shoulders to a DYRL-style hi-vis yellow. They're supposed to glow yellow in darkness (as you can see on the helmets of the deck gang on the same page). Good work so far on it, especially for a quickie! ^_^

Not bad, Nexx. The only thing I would change would be the reflective bits on the ends of his limbs plus on the shoulders to a DYRL-style hi-vis yellow. They're supposed to glow yellow in darkness (as you can see on the helmets of the deck gang on the same page). Good work so far on it, especially for a quickie! ^_^

I agree. The shoulder armor should be yellow. Excellent work anyway... :)

Here's my own version of that pic... post-7862-127919208244_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I agree. The shoulder armor should be yellow.

It's indeed yellow on the cover of Ace #1 but... I never did like that yellow shoulders paired with the red helmet, to be honest, so I just wanted to give TV colors to the flight suit to see what it would be. Call it a "what if" :) (I would also like to paint Roy's suit black, grey and blue instead of the DYRL style white and yellow)

• 2 weeks later...

A quick photoshop retouch from Macross Ace #5: Hikaru new flightsuit in TV colors

post-925-127900939688_thumb.jpg

Awww I can't stand it. I like the Zero flight suits the most, with maybe Flashback's suit second. That looks like they're trying too hard or maybe not hard enough to meld DYRL and classic suits. Everything else about Aces is aces. Well, actually I don't like the Valk heads redesigns either. Oh well... still love it.

Nice Klan pic. It's actually classy which is something you don't see often with poor Klan...

Agreed. Actually, I'm getting kind of tired of all of the fan art that only has her in her pressure suit. Yes, it's quite... revealing... but I would much prefer to see her in her civvies nowadays.

MisaForever, I'm still counting the minutes until you come on here to post your approval of afforementioned pic. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, apologies beforehand, because I'm not sure if this counts as "appreciation"... but I saw this episode recently, and could not stop this from popping into my head.

post-907-128193391934_thumb.jpg

Even I find that funny, good call on the original poster ont fully shoopin' it.