Character Art Appreciation Thread III

Vepariga

• 3 weeks later...

This picture is made of EPIC WIN!!!!!!! Nice find! :D

It looks like a trace of a page from Mikimoto's Macross: the First. If you wanna see that exact same scene drawn by Mikimoto himself, it's in Macross: the First Vol.1.

I have to agree,the Misa with the mic is a Epic picture!! Love it, gotta hunt down the macross the first scans now,wooo

nice first post aswell animemy,mylene is cool. welcome aboard.

Edited by Vepariga

It looks like a trace of a page from Mikimoto's Macross: the First. If you wanna see that exact same scene drawn by Mikimoto himself, it's in Macross: the First Vol.1.

I've seen a few pics but can't remember where I can see all of it. Any ideas? ^_^

I'm curious about the SV-51 works. It just seems like they're illustrations from a story that someone's written. It would be an interesting side-story about the goings-on on Earth during the time period that the SDF-1 was out in space.

I'm curious about the SV-51 works. It just seems like they're illustrations from a story that someone's written. It would be an interesting side-story about the goings-on on Earth during the time period that the SDF-1 was out in space.

Well, I found some information about it thanks to Google translator...

Apparently those are the works of an artist called "Inui"...

At each image's page there's a little description with part of a story on it. Is about a Meltran girl who befriends a U.N. Spacy pilot and helps him through his career. The first pics have him pilot a SV-51 with soviet markings on it. Then he pilots a VF-1A, a VF-4 and finally a VF-11. I wonder if is possible the U.N. Spacy used the remaining SV-51s for atmospheric combat against the Zentradi?

Here's another pic of them... post-7862-127821261352_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Yeah, that's what I was kind of getting at. Interesting decision to design the Meltran as a VF-girl, though. Too bad it's not in English...

I don't remember where I read it, but there was something out there about how the SV-51 was, indeed, used to help defend the Earth from the Zentraedi invasion.

**I just quickly browsed the Macross-related art on Pixiv and I see there are two others in that series that showcase a VF-4 and VF-11 in the same color scheme as the SV-51. Some interesting works on there, but the limited returns on my search (due to me not having an account) didn't show anything that really jumped out at me.

Edited by frothymug