Character Art Appreciation Thread III

Vepariga

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I know this is a strange request here, but I couldn't think of any other place to really put it. Does anyone know of, or have any idea where I can get a hi-res of this?

post-582-0-52505700-1404096510.jpg

Looking for it and possibly any others, so that I can put it on the side of an arcade cabinet for the game with the same title. Any help, or links, or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Can you link to an article?

I can't sorry, I actually heard it here in these forums, so me being third party source and all that I can't really say how accurate that is. Just that I remember hearing about it here.

Still since Tytania he hasn't done anything I could see in the anime industry so I can see how that'd just reinforce that idea. Pity since it wasn't a bad show, it wasn't great either so it pretty much forgotten these days. Especially since Ishiguro and Itano worked on it as well.

Edit: While looking around for an article I found this interview from Japanator from two years ago... It's got nothing hinting about not working in the anime industry again but interesting and thought I'd bring it up again since I'm sure this would have turned up before.

Two years on since that interview and I'm still waiting for the conclusion of Ecole De Ciel, Mikimoto....

Edited by Strumvogel

• 2 weeks later...

I can't sorry, I actually heard it here in these forums, so me being third party source and all that I can't really say how accurate that is. Just that I remember hearing about it here.

Still since Tytania he hasn't done anything I could see in the anime industry so I can see how that'd just reinforce that idea. Pity since it wasn't a bad show, it wasn't great either so it pretty much forgotten these days. Especially since Ishiguro and Itano worked on it as well.

Edit: While looking around for an article I found this interview from Japanator from two years ago... It's got nothing hinting about not working in the anime industry again but interesting and thought I'd bring it up again since I'm sure this would have turned up before.

Two years on since that interview and I'm still waiting for the conclusion of Ecole De Ciel, Mikimoto....

Thanks for the link! I'm going to have to hunt down Tytania.

I saw a meme floating around facebook and it gave me an idea:

y6JGU1m.png

It counts, right?

BRILLIANT. :hail::hail::hail:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone have more info on these images? I don't recall seeing them before in any Kawamori or Miyatake art book....they are supposedly from a FamilySoft Macross game....

Well, I can tell you right off the bat that those first two aren't even Macross... that's clearly an AFC-01 Legioss armo-fighter, from the series Genesis Climber MOSPEADA. It's almost certainly fan-art too, looks like the artist was trying to "Macross-ize" the Legioss by exaggerating the stabilizers, giving it armaments reminiscent of Macross's VF-1 Valkyrie, and a head that looks like it's somwhere between Macross II's VF-2SS Valkyrie II and Patlabor's AV-0.

Pretty sure the other two are from Macross: Remember Me... the SDR-04-MkXV Destroid Maverick and the QF-9ie Ghost II.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

The SDP-1 Stampede Valkyrie and VF-3/VF-X3 Star Crusader are interesting variations on the valkyire concept. They do look good, more armored and heavily armed than a standard valkyrie. But they both feel like Gundam-ized versions of a Valkyrie, even more so than the Armored valkyries. I think the color schemes do a lot to present them as mobile suit variable fighters. Not implying that being Gundam-like is inherently bad, but IMO they feel a little less imaginative and less Macross than the other valkyries.

That said, I'd kill to get uncolored line art for the VF-3/VF-X3 Star Crusader. I'm doing a sexy revision of the SDP-1 Stampede, but I lack line art for the Star Crusader so I can't do that one. Mores the pity.

Found this on a site, don't remember which one I found it on, but I was amazed to see the level of detail of this artpiece. Nice to see some Destroid action.

naively_kid2-img423x600-1421934919tmxdka

Wow, wasn't this the inspiration for the full amor VF-11C.

post-269-0-73876400-1421979175_thumb.jpg

Edited by VF-18S Hornet