Character Art Appreciation Thread III

Vepariga

• 2 weeks later...

Love this pic.

OH, THAT'S GORGEOUS... and i don't even LIKE MAC-7 either... :)

that said, i just yanked some hand-drawn SDFM X-over art that i did long ago out of storage... thought i'd share;

MACROSSFANART-JOHNS-1-1-131.jpg

MACROSSFANART-JOHNS-1-1-132.jpg

MACROSSFANART-JOHNS-1-1-133.jpg

Mmm... Ayeka...

Good times.

not so good a times for me, i'm afraid, in 20/20 hindsight.

in fact, these days, the whole of the TM universe personally comes off to me, in the barest possible prose,

as one giant assload of ill-conceived and poorly thought out nonsense. a single, barely sustained Brain-Fart, if you will.

while i actually did once think rather highly of it, ten years ago, and i actually had a crush on that shrew of a woman, Ayeka Masaki Jurai,

today, i cannot seem to even begin to sit through the first OVA alone without suffering indications of sustaining an imminent and decidedly fatal brain aneurysm.

that said, i don't really mind passing the pain onto others... anybody want to buy a TM VHS/DVD collection? :D

hayase_misa___macross_by_daikokusama-d56ttm9.jpg

it would indeed. you're far too much of a Lady for that,,,

Edited by Shaorin

I was literally upset when I watched OVA 3. You're right that a lot of the story was non-sensical and it got even worse as the series came to an end. Masaki Kajishima even promised to resolve the love triangle and he LIED! I think I can sit through OVA's 1 and 2, Tenchi Universe, and the Tenchi Muyo in Love movie. The manga authored by Hitoshi Okuda was also pretty good. Still, that show will always be an important part of my past.

Back on topic, now... :D

I was literally upset when I watched OVA 3. You're right that a lot of the story was non-sensical and it got even worse as the series came to an end. Masaki Kajishima even promised to resolve the love triangle and he LIED!

yep, i was equally pissed about that!! today, however,

i generally feel that AIC and Kajishima can just take it all and shove it where the sun don't shine, YMMV.

oh well, there was ONE thing that TM did good by me, that has held to this day. well, Ayeka herself specifically, care of TOYNAMI.

to be more direct, TOYNAMI's Ayeka 12in. doll, from their short-lived three-doll (Ayeka Jurai/Tenchi Masaki/Ryoko Hakubi)

- TM collector's doll series of 2001, was the driving force behind my sudden desire to learn to sew.

in fact, here's examples of around ten years of slow, awkward progress in the skill,

modeled by that old TOYNAMI Ayeka Jurai, and the much more recent MegaHouse Mikuru Asahina;

-CIRCA 2003/'04ish-

MissAyeka001.jpg

-CIRCA 2011-

Mikuru-chan1-2-12.jpg

- oh, and just because i can; :p

T2eC16NHJGIE9nnWpUFtBQ3JysQSjg60_57.jpg

Edited by Shaorin