Kaa-'Tsai Lecon Prane?

captain america

There aren't any fixed commitments to the kit as yet, since I won't start collecting $$ for at least a week or 2, so feel free to climb aboard; still room left. ^_^

Well in that case, sign me up for one!

After seeing your masters, you never cease to impress. While the Tanmen Cat's Eye kit is nice, it's a little on the plain-jane side, and the details on your version are much nicer! (but I'm still keeping my Tanmen kit!)

Hey, IMHO, I either buy a few kits of lesser quality, or one of these....:)

...it's not even a question worth asking - CAN'T WAIT. The cockpit looks BEAUTIFUL, even! :D:D:D

Well be sure to let us know when to pony up. Looking forwards to working on this beauty!

Hi Petar. I'm thinking that I'll start accepting payments around the 18th; once I've actually gotten some castings and worked-out the shipping. As always, I want to make sure that the castings are of acceptable quality before I accept any payments.

Hi everyone!

Forgive me for being a little tardy in my updating; I had some molding problems that forced me to work all weekend, so the updating was put aside. Anyway, now that that crisis is taken care of, I thought I'd post these pics of my mold prep shenannigans!

Pic 1: here are a whole slew of teeny, tiny parts that have been glued into place. The mold box will fit around the parts and then some minty green goop (rubber) will be poured over them to make the mold.

Pic 2: various other parts are also in line to be molded. Mold prep is actually a very long and delicate procedure, especially when you have many different parts in one mold, since you can end up ruining days of work if it doesn't come out just right.

Pic 3: remember that green goop I was telling you about? The rubber takes about 24 hours to harden sufficiently to be removed; very problematic if you encounter a "mold malfunction" cos you can't just clean the liquid rubber off, you have to wait a whole day or risk making even more of a mess. There are a few parts that had me worried, like the landing gear and wheel wells because of all the impossibly-thin pieces.

post-632-1276528678_thumb.jpg

post-632-12765286902_thumb.jpg

post-632-127652870422_thumb.jpg

...And after lots of coaxing, praying and troubleshooting, I'm happy to say that the most delicate and pivotal parts of the kit have been cast, and the results are just excellent! You may not be able to tell, but the landing gear has 1mm brass rod going through the main shaft of each strut, and is likely strong enough to support 4 times the current model's weight.

Anyway, I will have at least one fully cast model by Friday and will be able to calculate the proper shipping weight of the kits. Stay tuned :)

post-632-127652904462_thumb.jpg

post-632-127652905732_thumb.jpg

I FRIENDS,

I since ask forgiveness quickly all you and Capitan America, but for serious familiar problems I cannot maintain my word of purchase of the model. they are much sad one, but I must also renounce to mine hobby and all my entire collection. I ask forgiveness.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

SORRY..... AND GOODBYE

LORENZO

Hi everyone!

Ok, as per my previous message, today kicks-off payment time for the Kaa-'Tsai, so here's the breakdown.

-Each kit: $185.00

Shipping for North America:

-1 kit: $16.00

-2-3 kits: $25.00

International shipping: $35.00 per kit

Payments are to be accepted through Paypal, and as before, please add 4% to the total ( kit(s)+shipping )

For those of you who are new to dealing with me, you can just send me a PM with your full name & address, and I'll give you the necessary Paypal info.

Important notice: I already have about 12 kits cast, but there will be an undetermined delay for the canopies, so I thank you in advance for not ripping my head off (' ^_^ ) That having been said, orders will be processed on a first-paid basis, and as always, I remain at your disposal if you have any questions.

I'll also be posting a pic of the overall parts breakdown early next week. I think I lost count at 64...

I'm dreaming of doing a diorama of a Cat's Eye parked next to a Green Arrows Super Valk in the ARMD-01 hangar.....:) Hey, just *assuming* it also existed in the movie timeline XD. Payment ready to send!

OK, last gratuitous post for a little while.

Is it bad that I'm a little excited to see the box it comes in as well?

/More purple? :)

post-10398-127726200218_thumb.jpg

And yes, I realize it's backwards.

Nope, purple is out, tan is in

I figured that I'd kept the purple for the first 5 years, and figured that after that milestone, we'd be due for a change. No more grey resin either :ph34r:

Payment sent for one kit!

John, please let me know if the payment info included my mailing address. I used the "personal" selection to send the payment, and it all looked a little different and I didn't see my address information.

Thanks!

Purple? laugh.gif

Tactical blue :ph34r:

Quick update!

Casting is going great; I've got 25 kits ready thus far, and have already re-poured a couple of molds, which is why in the exploded pic, there is no radar dish. Some of these are cast in 2 pieces (hollow) and the later versions will be 1 piece and solid. I don't foresee the extra weight being a problem, otherwise I would've just kept it hollow.

Please forgive the shaky studio pic; for whatever reason, I just couldn't get my camera to cooperate. :mellow:

Also, I'm still waiting on the epoxy for the canopy bucks, so just another delay in the food chain, but nothing terribly unexpected.

P.S: the deeper blue parts are the high-strength polymer--the one you have to bake in the oven.

post-632-127747814567_thumb.jpg

post-632-127747815824_thumb.jpg