Kaa-'Tsai Lecon Prane?

captain america

John, Something I dont understand. How come you can just Use a clear resin and Make them and not have to use the Strech Plastic material? Is it due to the Material? Or the Clear Resin? or bubbles in the Resin? You are the master of all, Just dont see why you have to always Send out for the Clear stuff.

Thanks for any info

Carl

I'm sure John will answer that question at great length! Having said that, every single clear resin canopy I have had has been less than perfect, for all sorts of reasons. It's very difficult to avoid bubbles in clear resin. At this scale I think it's important to do a vac formed canopy, even though I hate 'em! Very easy to stuff them up in for most builders.

John, Something I dont understand. How come you can just Use a clear resin and Make them and not have to use the Strech Plastic material? Is it due to the Material? Or the Clear Resin? or bubbles in the Resin? You are the master of all, Just dont see why you have to always Send out for the Clear stuff.

Thanks for any info

Carl

Clear resin isn't all it's cracked-up to be; pretty much all the brands I've used are tempermental and don't offer sufficient rigidity in cases of extremely thin castings, not to mention the flow problems they exhibit with very thin cavities, even under pressure. Plus, vac-formed lexan provides unsurpassed optical clarity. Only the best option will do.

Hi everybody! :)

I'm really anxious to see the bird in my hands, but I agree with the Captain : only the best will do!

Almost sorry to say that, but I just received this week a VF-11 that appear to be a recast : the wings are as thin as a printer paper (I can see light trough it :wacko: ) and the canopy is made with clear plastic in a way that offer no details at all and it really bother me (to say it in a polite way) :huh:

All that to say a bad canopy can ruin everything.

Edited by neko_fr

Great news! And how about that old 1/32 proyect? There would be sufficient interest? If don't, which would be youur second choice proyect? huh.gif

You mean that ol' lullaby? :lol:

That won't be until close to Christmas if at all. In the meantime, I think we needs another space cucumber: something with a deployable main gun... Like a Quelamitz.

Interesting, I don't recall seeing one of those before. Is that from the original TV series?

What scale were you thinking? 1/5000 to go with the other ship?

Yes and yes, respectively! It's the gunboat that Quamzin used to ram the Macross in his suicide run of episode 36. I think that 1/5000 would be just perfect in size (about 30cm) and in scale with mot only the tiny Salan Scout, but also the plastic Macross kits.

Yes and yes, respectively! It's the gunboat that Quamzin used to ram the Macross in his suicide run of episode 36. I think that 1/5000 would be just perfect in size (about 30cm) and in scale with mot only the tiny Salan Scout, but also the plastic Macross kits.

Damn that means I'll have to buy one.

30cm sounds too small though if the ship is 2700 meters.

Edited by Grayson72

It's the gunboat that Quamzin used to ram the Macross in his suicide run of episode 36.

I thought that this ship was the Magdomilla. So, in that case, I'm totally agree with this decision. biggrin.gif

I think 1/5000 is optimal for an unique scale: We are talking about a 60 cms Queleual, a 54 cms Magdomilla, a 46 cms Salan, and a 80 cms Vergnitzs!!ohmy.gif (that if Captain are planning to make the entire fleet!!) happy.gif

As a bonus, there will be a 1/5000 quel-quallie? (2.5 cms)rolleyes.gif

I think 1/5000 is optimal for an unique scale: We are talking about a 60 cms Queleual, a 54 cms Magdomilla, a 46 cms Salan, and a 80 cms Vergnitzs!!ohmy.gif (that if Captain are planning to make the entire fleet!!) happy.gif

I certainly hope there's a fleet coming. I'm a 'one scale' kinda of guy. I want to buy each class of ship in one scale and it would kinda suck if they only went half way with it.

Totally agreed! :D I'm in for one of the Qualamitz in both scales, if you make 'em, or one of the 1/5000 scale regardless. The dramatic scene where one makes a missile and mega-particle run was breathtaking (see crappy quality pic below). And, any other space cucumber or ARMD *hinthinthint* that you may make in the future :)

post-12888-128269647759_thumb.png

Edited by Grapeape

Just letting those that are interested know that I have started the process of creating some pilots for this beauty. I should be able to show some pics this weekend- seated in the Cat's Eye! Watch out for a new thread.

Petar, I'm your supporter. What happened to the new starfighter.

Just letting those that are interested know that I have started the process of creating some pilots for this beauty. I should be able to show some pics this weekend- seated in the Cat's Eye! Watch out for a new thread.

What differences are you thinking for these new pilots?