Wonder if it will re-use any of the Tenjin covers or just go with all new ones? All new covers would be one good reason to pick them up again.

Going by past reissues of the Evangelion Chrinicle and Gundam Fact File, there will only be 30 new covers and most of the old ones will be reused. These wont necessarily be the last 30 issues - like the new content, they will most likely be mixed in with the old stuff. Having said that, since we are talking 30:50 issues worth of new:old content here, I think the double dip is worth it. (By comparison, Evangelion Chrinicles only got 10 issues of new content)

Edited by Tochiro

Going by past reissues of the Evangelion Chrinicle and Gundam Fact File, there will only be 30 new covers and most of the old ones will be reused. These wont necessarily be the last 30 issues - like the new content, they will most likely be mixed in with the old stuff. Having said that, since we are talking 30:50 issues worth of new:old content here, I think the double dip is worth it. (By comparison, Evangelion Chrinicles only got 10 issues of new content)

I believe you own all 10 of the Hiroshima releases....is issue 10 (VF-4) a previously used cover from the regular release or somewhat different?

I figured we would at least get 20 new Tenjin illustrated covers (plus the 9 or 10 from the Hiroshima release)...

Thanks for the info...

BTW...looks like some nice freebies with a subscription....

I was actually hoping the 30 new issues would be separated from the original release. Guhh.

I just bought the entire collection a few months back and now they announce this? :angry:

I was going to ask something similar, but rather ask how folks outside Japan are purchasing the series. To save money but try to remain somewhat current with the publication schedule, I purchased the original Chronicle from HMV Japan in batches of 4-5 issues at a time. Anyone else find a better solution?

HLJ says they are contemplating a subscription service...combine that with their virtual warehouse and that would probably be the best bet for something like the 80 issue Macross Chronicle....

Also....wonder if we will see any more Yamato exclusives? Maybe a TV VF-1S 1/48 or a VF-1D!!!...or maybe that Alaska Base 1/60 or Macross the First VF-1D and VF-1J....to tie in with the Macross the First update to the Chronicle?

Edited by jvmacross

Yes. Its a national relaunch starting from issue 1.

I may get these, but probably not all of them. Kinda hard to get interested in this all over again. At least work is close to the store where I'd pick them up.

Good Lord, that's a HUGE chunk of space for those things.

And depending on what parts of Macross are your thing, up to 95% of it is essential.

Compare it to the Gold Book right next to it - only about 2/3 of that book is understandable for the non-fluent in Japanese (interviews, etc.). Another 1/3 amounts to screen grabs and a visual comic of the movie...

HLJ says they are contemplating a subscription service...combine that with their virtual warehouse and that would probably be the best bet for something like the 80 issue Macross Chronicle....

That doesn't sound half bad. I suppose they better decide fast. This series is only a little over a month away.

For those of you who have the original run of the Chronicle, how many character sheets are there for the TV series version of Hikaru Ichijo? I was leafing through mine last night, and I found it odd that I only had sheets A and B, and it seems like there should be more because hardly any post-Space War I material was there for him. I'm wondering if there is a C-sheet which I have misplaced or something.

For those of you who have the original run of the Chronicle, how many character sheets are there for the TV series version of Hikaru Ichijo? I was leafing through mine last night, and I found it odd that I only had sheets A and B, and it seems like there should be more because hardly any post-Space War I material was there for him. I'm wondering if there is a C-sheet which I have misplaced or something.

I don't have a C sheet. Maybe what happened to it is the same as the M7 civilian #09 to 13 sheets? Planned, but not enough space?

I don't have a C sheet. Maybe what happened to it is the same as the M7 civilian #09 to 13 sheets? Planned, but not enough space?

Thanks. Hmm. Seems like one of the things that ought to be rectified for the new run...

• 3 weeks later...

Also....wonder if we will see any more Yamato exclusives? Maybe a TV VF-1S 1/48 or a VF-1D!!!...or maybe that Alaska Base 1/60 or Macross the First VF-1D and VF-1J....to tie in with the Macross the First update to the Chronicle?

Contemplating and actually doing it are two separate things.

Have they pulled the trigger and if not how could we get them to?

I haven't even gotten around to finishing the filing of the original 50. :rolleyes:

I'm making it public here now; My vacation resolution is to FINALLY get everything properly filed.

We really need a tutorial on how to organize these things or did I miss it. I have two sets, one I bought already organized and one still in their magazine format

scanlation of filing instructions: http://www.macrosswo...07

page order and some translations: http://sketchleystat...Trans/index.php

table of contents: http://www.macrosswo...ndpost&p=676648

Edited by sketchley

Just can't get enthused to buy the new Chronicles. As I've stated before, If they were just going to release 30 issues of all new material and name it 'Chronicle Part 2' or something like that, I'd be all over it.

But really can't justify the money, space and time involved with collecting the whole thing over again.

Graham

Congratulations!!

Set yourself a goal, then stick to it. At least I start out the New Year (in 5 hours) with a clean slate!

(not looking at the over 30 books I need to put away, or over 30 models I've still got left to build...)

Well it's almost the new year and I'm still not looking forward to buying this. If I didn't operate my website, there's be no way I'd even consider picking this up, but it's kinda a necessity for a fan like me. I will say, collecting this series is going to be a real grind. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised if I bail halfway through :)

The breakdown for the first six issues is out on the official page. For those of you with some understanding of Japanese, what's new in these sheets compared to the old chronicle?

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=29133&view=findpost&p=1011397

I have not had a chance to check and compare....so all I can say is that the first 10 issues if they they follow the 10 Hiroshima iss

ues will have 8 new covers and the accompanying fold out posters/illustrations...

The breakdown for the first six issues is out on the official page. For those of you with some understanding of Japanese, what's new in these sheets compared to the old chronicle?

>.< Would've helped to put a linky in your question: http://deagostini.jp/mcr/

General changes:

Publication order is changed (ie: the famous VF squads worldguide is being published in #1, but was originally in #39).

New sheets: Episode, Heroine Gallery

Repeated and possible expanded sheets: Mechanic, Character, Timeline, History, Technology, Worldguide, Goods, Gallery, Glossary, Song

Changes not including publication order, and from the top of my head

Issue 1:

YF-29 (M)

M0 character interrelation chart ©

Triangle Timeline ©

SDF:M #1 (E)

Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie (G)

Issue 2:

MF #1 (E)

M7 #1 (E)

Bandai MF 1/100 fighter mode model series

Issue 3:

SDFM #2 (E)

MF #2 (E)

Issue 4:

VF-X-7 Ghost Valkyrie & others (previously in an "extra sheet")

M7 #2 (E)

M+ #1 (E)

CR Fever SDF:M (G)

Macross Crossover Live (G)

Issue 5:

MF #3 (E)

M7 #3 (E)

Issue 6:

SDFM #3 (E)

Theatrical MF: FP (E)

Sankyo Pachinko SDFM (G)

from JVMacross's images