AAAaaaarrghh!!!! Me too!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

What a real dick move, trying to force people to buy the whole thing again after such a short time, just with some additional new content and new binders (but still mostly reprint material)..........Grrrrrr not happy!

Would much prefer they just released chronical supplements with only the all new material.

After collecting all the original Chonicle as and when it came out,I'm not sure I wanna go all through that again.These things are not cheap and take up a fair amount of shelf space.

may just buy the first issue, just for the YF-29 and then only buy the occasional issue that has something new of interest to me.

Graham

マクロスクロニクル 新訂版

I've I'm reading it correctly, it's a "New and Revised Edition"

HOWEVER, it's still not listed ANYWHERE other than blogs, and the only place to place a subscription for it is 7-11 AND it's apparently only available in Hiroshima Prefecture.

Apparently it's already being sold and is weekly. But for the rest of us living in Japan outside of Hiroshima (and that's not even considering people not living in Japan): no where to be seen.

マクロスクロニクル 新訂版

I've I'm reading it correctly, it's a "New and Revised Edition"

HOWEVER, it's still not listed ANYWHERE other than blogs, and the only place to place a subscription for it is 7-11 AND it's apparently only available in Hiroshima Prefecture.

Apparently it's already being sold and is weekly. But for the rest of us living in Japan outside of Hiroshima (and that's not even considering people not living in Japan): no where to be seen.

I'm willing to give it a few more days to buzz to see if more distributors and/or stores get it listed. But if this is case (i.e., only available at 7-11s inside Hiroshima Prefecture), then I'm not even sure it's worth it for our Japanese users to go look at it, much less everyone else try to hunt it down. It's like telling someone from Iowa to drive into Illinois for a White Castle burger.

Calm down folks-this is far from uncommon. deagnostini often does this. The Yamato Fact Files were only published in one city as well for the first 6 issues or so. Then it was relaunched from issue 1 nationwide. Also, a revised edition is not unheard of. They did the same thing for the Evangelion Chronicle- the first run went for 30issues and then a year or two later the revised edition had an extra 10 issues of so. Similarly, the Gundam Fact Files are currently partway thru their 2nd edition. (after 150 issues last time, there's no way I'm rebuking THAT thing!). Updating from 50 issues to 80 is pretty significant, especially for as niche a title as Macross. I, for one, will definitely pick it up a second time.

Heck, maybe Save will even get some more Macross 2 info! Hehehe.

It seems it will run weekly for 80 issues. That's 30 issues more than the old one. That means 60% more material (if they keep the old page count per issue)

Don't you mean (approx.) 40% more material?

I've been busy thinking over what this extra content could be. If the 2nd edition of Evangelion is a guide, then half the extra content will be the movies, and the other half will be an expanded upon, virtually scene-by-scene timeline (doubtful that they'll do that with Macross. But one never knows...)

I'm hoping that we'll get the content that the 1st edition had to truncate due to space limitations (those missing character pages, for example), as well as expansion on the pages that were crammed with lots of different stuff (expansion of the games material, for example).

I'll be on the lookout for the new content. I don't want to rebuy updated copies of what I already have. I'm kinda pissed that they'd redo all of it, instead of just putting out supplementals as well. Nevertheless, for those that don't have the first run, This maybe a great time for you. I can enjoy your excitement.

I still think it's really too soon for a re-release, as the first run only finished a year and a half ago.

In my opinon, waiting 3 to 5 years after the first run finished would seem a more reasonable time-frame for an expanded re-release.

Graham

But three years from now, it won't be the 30th Anniversary...

Fine. How about they save it for the 35th Anniversary?

Because they need the money NOW, obviously!

(Actually, I kid, I kid... I keep seeing ads on TV for weird DeAgostini projects like car or train kits...each issue of the magazine comes with some parts for the kit, and when you collect them all, you can put it together. That's gotta cost more money to produce. Of course, the people who are desperately awaiting the next train part probably think we're weird...)

Any news on the new material of this publication? Did anybody here grab a copy?

It's only avaliable from select retailers in Hiroshima, where it is basically under a trial sale for now. It may be a while before it goes nationwide.

...if it sells well in Hiroshima, I presume.

Yep.

I hit up some Japanese fans who have ordered the revised Chronicles - as suspected, the Hiroshima release is a trial. If it sells well then it will be rereleased from issue 1 nation-wide. Hence the lack of news on the usual websites.

I still think it's really too soon for a re-release, as the first run only finished a year and a half ago.

In my opinon, waiting 3 to 5 years after the first run finished would seem a more reasonable time-frame for an expanded re-release.

Graham

Also, considering that you can get pretty much every issue of the first one today from HLJ.com I think it's too soon as well.

Let's see 80 issues at 690yen per issue. That comes out to 55200yen which converts to about $725US before shipping and with no binders. Yeah, not looking to get into it all over again. That could be money that goes to Yamato. :p

I will be looking to get a few binders though.

Edited by sharky

If they released 30 issues with all new content, I'd buy them for sure. They could just call it Macross Chonicle Part II, or something.

But I'm damned if I'm buying 80 issues of an expanded release when I already own 60% of the content.

That's a lot of money to spend again.

Graham

just so i understand what is going on, did the publication stop by one company and someone else pick it up? like how Devils Due's run of G.I Joe and then IDW picking up the IP (but not the story, for legal reasons)

why did the first publication stop?

just so i understand what is going on, did the publication stop by one company and someone else pick it up? like how Devils Due's run of G.I Joe and then IDW picking up the IP (but not the story, for legal reasons)

why did the first publication stop?

First version finished because it was, well, finished (although they didn't plan very well, leaving the numbering off for the Macross 7 characters, for example, or not covering Wendy Ryder, or having to consolidate the credits pages). It was announced as a 50-issue series, and that's how many they ran.

So this is mostly a reprint (by yes, a different company), but also will have thirty issues worth of extra content.

• 1 month later...

Funny you should ask about it... as I was just doing a search on it.

Try searching with: マクロス・クロニクル新訂版

Dunno what issue it is, but one came out on 2012.04.03, and the next is due on 2012.04.17.

http://www.7netshopping.jp/all/search_result/?kword_in=%E3%83%9E%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AD%E3%82%B9%E3%83%BB%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AD%E3%83%8B%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AB%E6%96%B0%E8%A8%82%E7%89%88&submit22.x=0&submit22.y=0

I think the one on the 17th is #9...

Funny you should ask about it... as I was just doing a search on it.

Try searching with: マクロス・クロニクル新訂版

Dunno what issue it is, but one came out on 2012.04.03, and the next is due on 2012.04.17.

http://www.7netshopp...=0&submit22.y=0

I think the one on the 17th is #9...

Thanks a lot!

This is all I could find: It seems Tenjin did a lot of new and reworked art!!! Damn...

It also seems there will be now colored lineart substituting blank lineart in the old version.

Edit: I see these new Tenjin artworks:

YF29 fighter

VF25F tornado gerwalk

VF1J Myria battroid

VF1J Max gerwalk

VF19 Kay fighter

YF19 battroid

YF21 battroid

VF0S armored

VF19P gerwalk

VF1J Hikaru battroid (not shown in these pics. It's the one on the cover of issue 1, can be seen in the internal folder cover)

VF25 fighters (can't clearly see what models).

And this only in the first 8 reissued issues...

post-925-0-83187400-1334067827_thumb.jpg

post-925-0-12768800-1334067841_thumb.jpg

post-925-0-59447400-1334067862_thumb.jpg

post-925-0-13036200-1334067914_thumb.jpg

post-925-0-92621500-1334067976_thumb.jpg

post-925-0-47332900-1334067994_thumb.jpg

Edited by nexxstrait

Any news on the revised edition? Still in "beta" mode? Any useful links? Did some of you actually catch a glimpse of numbers #2+?

Many blogs have announced that the new Macross Chronicle has been cancelled due to poor sales. The announcement came in the 9th issue and the 10th issue will be the last. Also, the pin set for collecting all 80 issues has been cancelled as well.

While I'm sad to hear this might be cancelled, I can't help but feel a sense of relief...if the rumors are true. Of course I want more Macross print and reference material, but 80+ issues containing mostly what I have already isn't exactly a fun purchase. For years I've avoided much of the more frivolous Macross merchandise and spent my money on products I really wanted. I never felt bad about the money I spent on those Macross products. The worst thing about this new Chronicle series was that it hits a fan like me in one of the worst ways, in that I kinda need to buy this material for my personal reference and for my website.

I also have to say from my perspective, I'm kinda glad that I have the original Macross Chronicle with a lot of the uncolored line art. Most of those uncolored pieces are of superior print quality to what was available in other, older Macross books and I've used those pieces to replace the lesser quality versions on my site. Some of the uncolored art were pieces I'd never seen before in any other book and I colored them for additions to the profiles (such as the "buried" art of the Quiltra-Quelamitz Gunboat http://macross2.net/m3/sdfmacross/quiltra-quelamitz.htm). I'd actually prefer if the Macross Chronicle released MORE uncolored art, not less.