Based on the first 10 issues (Hiroshima)...the cover for 06 was originally used on issue 22 and the cover for 10 was originally used on issue 43....so we can expect at least 22 completely new cover illustrations out of the proposed 80 issue re-release... ;)

Also, I was wondering if Macross the First and other "print" only story lines would be included, but it seems that will not be the case...hope I'm wrong.....Does that make M the First, M Trash, M the Ride...non-canon? Not even alt universe like Macross II, which is a part of Macross Chronicle?....Or is it just continuing to stick to the animated works? Maybe they will come out with a 100 issue re-re-release after this one that includes the printed works! :rolleyes:

Edited by jvmacross

Based on the first 10 issues (Hiroshima)...the cover for 06 was originally used on issue 22 and the cover for 10 was originally used on issue 43....so we can expect at least 22 completely new cover illustrations out of the proposed 80 issue re-release... ;)

Also, I was wondering if Macross the First and other "print" only story lines would be included, but it seems that will not be the case...hope I'm wrong.....Does that make M the First, M Trash, M the Ride...non-canon? Not even alt universe like Macross II, which is a part of Macross Chronicle?....Or is it just continuing to stick to the animated works? Maybe they will come out with a 100 issue re-re-release after this one that includes the printed works! :rolleyes:

Apparently not covering the print only stories but including Macross II and MacrossFB7.

It would be nice to have the print stories, but then where do the publishers draw the line?

The MtF and MF manga are basically retellings of SDF:M and MF. Which version takes precedent? Kawamori-san himself has avoided the issue by saying that the "really story" is something else entirely, and the anime and manga are all interpretations of that "real story"...

Nevertheless, if those are included, where does the gag manga fit in?

I think the Deagostini 2nd release of the Evangalion series will be the model for this 2nd Macross Chronicle series: focuses on the anime, with drama CDs, manga and video games getting mentioned... in the goods section. :cry:

Anyone know of a way to 'subscribe' to this in the USA yet? I would love to collect these, but I don't know who the best shop to buy from is, nor how to do so without missing out on an issue that sells out.

HLJ, CDJapan, Hobbysearch.. I cannot find info at any of them about this upcoming redo of chronicle.

Only 5 days until launch. Have subscribed since i think an extra 30 issues of content is worth it, however the fact that they've added 'Episode Sheets' is a disappointment. they did this for the reissues of Evangelion Chronicle and and added them to Yamato Fact File as well - basically an episode by episode description accompanied by screenshots. In other words, a great space filler/waster. Hopefully the other new content will be worth it. And heck, its Macross so its not like NOT buying it is an option ;-)

Only 5 days until launch. Have subscribed since i think an extra 30 issues of content is worth it, however the fact that they've added 'Episode Sheets' is a disappointment. they did this for the reissues of Evangelion Chronicle and and added them to Yamato Fact File as well - basically an episode by episode description accompanied by screenshots. In other words, a great space filler/waster. Hopefully the other new content will be worth it. And heck, its Macross so its not like NOT buying it is an option ;-)

It is not really worth 80 x 690 = 55,200 yen for me... I will get the ones I like the look of, though -- especially the one with the VF-19P illustration -- and I have the first issue with binder on order.

As for the episode guide thing, yeah, if you remember they started off doing that with the original run for a while but they soon dropped them in favour of just production/broadcast data sheets, one for each series.

No way to order them outside of Japan? Looked around and finding only the old ones...

You may have to wait till they actually are released on their street date.

It is not really worth 80 x 690 = 55,200 yen for me... I will get the ones I like the look of, though -- especially the one with the VF-19P illustration -- and I have the first issue with binder on order.

I'm gonna have to agree with this. I may pick up the ones with new info but another entire collection is a bit too much, especially for those of us who collected the original set.

You may have to wait till they actually are released on their street date.

I'm gonna have to agree with this. I may pick up the ones with new info but another entire collection is a bit too much, especially for those of us who collected the original set.

I usually order most things from Hobbylink Japan, but books.. I dont know.. I get them wherever.. HLJ still has alot (not all!) of the old version of chronicle on their site and does not seem to be listing the new as available for pre-order.

Know of any sellers through which US Buyers can pre-order?

I usually order most things from Hobbylink Japan, but books.. I dont know.. I get them wherever.. HLJ still has alot (not all!) of the old version of chronicle on their site and does not seem to be listing the new as available for pre-order.

Know of any sellers through which US Buyers can pre-order?

I use amazon.jp, hey~~~

The Macross 30 HP has some larger pictures of the first issue of MC:NaRE:

http://www.macross30.com/news/

Apparently if you get a subscription, you get a) a pin set, and b) clear files (if you subscribe on the web). Both are double lame, as us who either don't bother with a subscription or can't get one with the publisher don't have access to them...

Just picked up the first issue today... there are some MAJOR differences promised. Max and Milia's VF-1Js will get their own Tenjin painting... Basara's VF-19 will get a different Tenjin pic, and a lot of the other information seems shuffled around (and added to...? I'm not sure yet).

Anyway, for me at least, I feel it's worth it (although I wish I hadn't bought the old version now... although if I hadn't, I'm sure I'd be tempted to buy the back issues just to see what was different!)

EDIT - Oh, and for those who like this sort of thing, this is the sort of thing you're going to like: The Macross Frontier TV series is listed in the "official" timeline, and the movies are lumped with DYRL and MII.

(And FB7 is listed as an "OAV." <_< )

Edited by Gubaba

Just picked up the first issue today... there are some MAJOR differences promised. Max and Milia's VF-1Js will get their own Tenjin painting... Basara's VF-19 will get a different Tenjin pic, and a lot of the other information seems shuffled around (and added to...? I'm not sure yet).

Anyway, for me at least, I feel it's worth it (although I wish I hadn't bought the old version now... although if I hadn't, I'm sure I'd be tempted to buy the back issues just to see what was different!)

Beat me to it!

Scoopda info: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=30860&view=findpost&p=1015183

I agree, it's well worth picking it up... almost like reacquainting oneself with an old friend. I honestly hope that they have revised or updated at least some of the reprinted stuff...

I'm pleasantly surprised that the game stuff, etc. appears to be getting a lot more (and better) coverage this time around. Fingers crossed!

The M0 character interrelation chart/love triangle timeline is a bit more informative than I was expecting. Although highlighting when Shin decides who he loves with a heart is a bit too corny for my tastes...

The Episode Sheet is better than I expected. On top of the expected screen caps and story run down, we get a chart highlighting which characters and mecha appeared (and which didn't), along with "Topics" (the Daegostini version of Extra Reports?) that provide additional info ("Valkyrie Variations" and "the Destruction of Studio Nue").

I like how the bonus mail-in this time are pins... but the fine print begs a closer look...

PS: Azrael, the VF-1 is represent. DYRL, VF-1S Strike Valkyrie.

EDIT - Oh, and for those who like this sort of thing, this is the sort of thing you're going to like: The Macross Frontier TV series is listed in the "official" timeline, and the movies are lumped with DYRL and MII.

(And FB7 is listed as an "OAV." <_< )

That's curious. How high is Chronicle canon-wise?

That's curious. How high is Chronicle canon-wise?

In one way, very high. In another way, who knows?

The problem is that it follows Big West's line (started in '94), that DYRL is a movie-within-in-a-movie... and yet Kawamori himself doesn't seem to endorse this view. And yet, he endorses the Chronicle...

So yeah, anyone's guess, I suppose.

The problem is that it follows Big West's line (started in '94), that DYRL is a movie-within-in-a-movie...

The MCR's All Macross Series Guide Line has M0, SDFM, FB2012, M+ (OVA), M7, D7 and MF along the timeline; M+ Movie Ed., M7 Galaxy is Calling Me, and FB7 in red boxes inside their respective series in the timeline. Underneath the timeline are DYRL, the 2 MF movies, and MII.

It's almost like they're saying that all the movie versions take place outside of the timeline (or are movies within the movies).

Anyhow, I've spotted to minor changes:

Tech Sheet

Macross Class and Successor Ships: from 16A to 06A (replacing Beam Weapons)

Worldguide:

Reknown VF Squads: from 22A to 25A (replacing The Galaxy-Wide Thought Connection Network Project)

Should we take those changes as a sign that things the publisher will be better organized?

PS: Azrael, the VF-1 is represent. DYRL, VF-1S Strike Valkyrie.

Oh wonderful...only 100+ pages dedicated to the VF-1...again... I'm sure they'll get the all the different color schemes this time. Are they gonna devote an extra 20 to Minmay this time around? I don't think they covered her costumes when the camera wasn't rolling on her... Or how about Mylene? Gotta get those panty shots in this time.

And for you new people who will be picking this up, read back (and from the previous thread here: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=26302) regarding my absolute hatred on the filler sheets for the VF-1, Minmay, and Mylene.

The MCR's All Macross Series Guide Line has M0, SDFM, FB2012, M+ (OVA), M7, D7 and MF along the timeline; M+ Movie Ed., M7 Galaxy is Calling Me, and FB7 in red boxes inside their respective series in the timeline. Underneath the timeline are DYRL, the 2 MF movies, and MII.

It's almost like they're saying that all the movie versions take place outside of the timeline (or are movies within the movies).

Didn't FB7 imply M7 was a TV show of the events of that period? :unsure:

I did a search on HMV Japan and I still can't see any listings for the new Chronicle. This is odd considering I purchased a large number of issues for the old Macross Chronicle from their website. HMV Japan also had a points system for purchasing that I used to obtain roughly 4 issues of the Chronicle for free. If they aren't offering the new Chronicle for sale, that would be a real shame.

Amazon.co.jp is listing the new Chronicle for sale:

http://www.amazon.co...58276567&sr=8-1

And of course, others have noted HobbyLink Japan is offering the series for purchase.

So I guess availability is good for now. I'll see how it goes.

Edited by Mr March

Heh, it looks like in two years we will need ANOTHER reissue because I have spotted no less than three mistakes so far.

They can't make up their mind whether it's Skull Taitai or Skull Shoutai on the same section in the "VF Squadrons" World Guide sheet, the Yamato VF-19 toy page refers to something called a "Sand Booster" and it mentions that the 1/60 YF-19 was released in 2010 but actually it was 2006 (unless they're talking about the reissue, in which case it still needs clarification).

♪ Try again, try again ♪

Here's a link with the 30 second spot: http://deagostini.jp/mcr/

(the part with TVCM)

Saw it on TV this morning... am wondering which demographic they're targeting, as the TV show it ran during is basically one for housewives...

the Yamato VF-19 toy page refers to something called a "Sand Booster"

Didn't you know? The Sand Booster is the backup when the Sound Energy Converter doesn't work! :p